Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

You do not need Caa1 as @Dayz_Sahrani includes it in the download (reason for the 1gb download). Normal Caa1 will not work anymore since I replaced the keys for it. We will also be editing the caa1 files a little and there were files that we not necessary to the port so I removed them, that is why I decided to package them together.
Sorry, So how do i get round the error with this ?
2zgw0gz.jpg

Steam installation, I have Bohemia Interactive > ArmA 2 directory & ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead
I've copied the addons directory from Arma 2 and pasted inside ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

Would you be kind enough to share when you get time please Shinkicker, I also have the same error when setting up my Sahrani server.
2zgw0gz.jpg

Try this - paste following into a file called sahrani.bat in your Arma 2 OA directory:

start Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=@DayZ_Sahrani -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=empty

Double click on it.

It tries to start Arma but fails, I think the error is because it's a server with no graphics card or monitor attached.
I get the same error starting arma or arma oa

Error message is " Display adapter does no support format D24S8 for R5G6B5."

Trying to host a server with the Sahrani map, I can play other Sahrani servers but can't join my own

@Richie

Are u launching beta/expansion/armaoaserver exe ? (i.e that is the one that is patched using beta patchs)
Believe there was a beta patch that removed that needed sm2 shader support from server exe

If we find more things that may lead to a better experience / are just plain bugged, I will keep you up2date in here. Really looking forward to this Map/Project :)

Would someone be kind enough to try and join my server ? maybe it's just me who can't get on
37.59.189.196:2302
Password = letmein

This is doing my head in now :( I've started everything again and this time using Lite-DayZ-Private-Server from Stapo

Would someone be kind enough to try and join my server ? maybe it's just me who can't get on
37.59.189.196:2302
Password = letmein

This is doing my head in now :( I've started everything again and this time using Lite-DayZ-Private-Server from Stapo

Joined the server no problems on my end.

Thank you Shermanftw :)
So now i just need to work out why i can play other Sahrani servers but can't play on my own :lol:

I'll stop posting in your thread as clearly there are no issues with your files and the map is fantastic :D
Once i stop being a n00b i'll be able to play with everyone else

*EDIT*
and now i can play ... maybe i should buy a gameboy and be done with PC gaming

Do you have any plans to increase the land-area? (like creating a new medium sized island)

Thank you Shermanftw :)
So now i just need to work out why i can play other Sahrani servers but can't play on my own :lol:

I'll stop posting in your thread as clearly there are no issues with your files and the map is fantastic :D
Once i stop being a n00b i'll be able to play with everyone else

*EDIT*
and now i can play ... maybe i should buy a gameboy and be done with PC gaming

What was causing the issue?? We do plan to incorporate some sort of installer in the next version.

What was causing the issue?? We do plan to incorporate some sort of installer in the next version.
If you need someone for some php/c#/autoit/nullsoft installer stuff, drop me a PM. If RL allows it, i'll happily help you guys out ;)
(would love to help you out with visitor to but I'll leave that to the talented people like icebreakr & co because visitor looks like rocket science to me :D)

I have no idea tbh, I redownloaded the client files and dayz 1.7.4.4 and it worked :)
Odd that i could join other servers but not my own, never mind though it's working

I want to enable side chat and play with the start up time and then i'll remove the password for others to play.
I also need to setup Rcon and BEC .... should be fun trying this

Sounds like you guys are almost to a public (github'd) server/hive build. Cant wait, but will. ;) This is by far my favorite map in all OFP/ArmA series. So many GOOD memories on it. Just pure awesome! Thanks for all the effort team! I'll help as much as I can when I host it!

Back