Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

ozF18pG.jpg

Map is so sexy...

Oh you have NO CLUE! It's SOOOO awesome lol... sorry totally being a dick today...

I am going to spend the next 2-3 hrs going over the new build and looking for any fixes for M1lkm8n to do, I will spend tonight doing the loot. Then tomorrow I'll go through all the last little bits and that should be it...

Now that the new licenses are out, I have to read those thoroughly before I package anything for release.... so It might not make it for this weekend, but I'm shooting for it.

Gave m1lkm8n a ton of input, he did a fresh build, I'm going to go through that tomorrow... didn't finish the loot... it's pretty close, but I hate finishing things as you may have noticed...

I will try to get this build out ASAP though... we have to agree on a final build for the map though... it's really close... I just want to make sure I check everything closely as it's release and then I'll be gone for a while... so there will only be a few days to report serious problems and have time for me to address them and re-package...

This likely means no new SQL tables... although that sort of sucks as the locations of some of the larger heli's was VERY tight and buildings have moved... so you do have the chance of getting a bad spawn or two... I might dig up the original mission file and edit that on the new map, and then run it through the converter again...

I will also try to organize some info on the tools we have on the github as well... there is some pretty useful stuff. I also STILL have to read the freaking licenses and finalize a logo and I have some stuff I still want to fix... but w'ever...

It's a WAY tighter build than what's out there and the map is AWESOME... like SEXTASTIC AWESOME... M1lkm8n is a one man wonder.

I will be honest lol....

I did not get any of the loot "done" this weekend... I did do a LOT bullshitting on skype and TS though... and I watched Rocket's stream which was nice...

I am feeding M1lkm8n fixes and notes etc for the build he sent me... we are prob. a couple more back and forths away from a final version... I can then re-focus on getting this Mod version out...

I have a couple ideas on how to try to multitask on the final run for the map check... but not sure if it's going to be worth it or not. I'll give it a go and judge from there...

I might redo the ENTIRE vehicle table while I'm checking the map... it's a good way to check every last building placement as I fill up the towns with cars... it also allows me to do it in a slightly better/more modular way...

Ideally I want to release the package so that admins can use the vehicle, and the building "missions" that I do so they can see where stuff is as they add things instead of having to bounce back and forth between an Arma editor and our DayZ version...

It will also allow movie/cinematic editors to pic/choose units based on simple descriptions in the editor...

Basically I'll be releasing what equates to our Development Build/Tools minus the "admin tools" that we use...

Right now I don't even have the missions so I can load them quick and add/edit things... so it might not be worth the effort... especially considering i REALLY want to add some wrecks/clutter to the road now that we've removed so much of the Config Towngenerator buildings we were loading... Which still leaves us with the client side config town generator to play with tee hee...

I DO know that you guys are tired of additions and want a build already... and I will do my best to not delay that with my ADD... but while I'm working with M1lkm8n on finishing the next map build I can't release anyway...

If anyone wants to lend a hand... as always you are welcome... I have SHIT TONS of work lined up for ANY skillset (except modellers unless they are fluent in O2 already).

played one of the servers that up briefly today... I feel like a total bastard... Our map with all the buildings, much less the cleaned up mod is just so much better...

I am going to do the last round of building checks today, post them in the issues for M1lkm8n... I will do the loot over the next couple days, and then I will lock down the build 100 percent so the SECOND he's ready with the map, I"m ready with the build.

Sorry for the delays folk(s?)... one monkey parade on this side of things for the past few months...

KATHVBK.jpg

Put up a fresh list of fixes and swap-able building list for M1lkm8n tonight, he has been CRANKING out the fixes/adjustments... this build is going to be OBSCENE.

Over 20 buildings have been changed out for enter-able versions in the past 2 days :D

Got cornered in a building by a flood of zombies after shooting from inside a house.. thankfully it was one of ours, not BI's so I could shoot out the window and vault out instead of getting stuck/eaten.

I might take a full on break tomorrow and try to get some real life stuff done seeing as it's been a year since I've done that...

But more than likely I'll end up trying to make a few of the simpler things on my wishlist happen... Can not take any more monotony of checking buildings or loot positions though... mind is melting.

NO DOUBT you guys will have a build before I leave for Christmas.

Day 7 Sahrani - V1.0 - "2 weeks"

He Fixed them ALL already, and has another build to me... I'm going to check it tomorrow... he has ONE more fix he's doing to one of the buildings... then we're good to go.

I will do get the loot all finished off in the next couple days/weekend, and then get the new art and license in...

I've read through the new license and have to change some things before release... I will be changing my avatar/the logo as well.

I'm putting my last batch of fixes and building swaps up. It still runs amazing too, I haven't noticed a drop in frames although I haven't stress tested it or anything.

I've got to make sure I've got loot and zombie positions for all the buildings, and redo a couple that have changed in the latest build thanks to some cool stuff M1lkm8n and Bad Benson did with the model...

I would just like to say Nonov your amount of dedication to this is outstanding as well as M1lkm8n's, I thoroughly enjoy Sahrani when I play on it, I hope you keep up the amazing work and don't give up on it.

Thanks! It means a lot to me. I honestly wonder sometimes if it's worth continuing (well more like sometimes I almost admit)... but I just can't let myself let it die.

Although to be perfectly honest, it's like thanking a crackhead for dutifully smoking cocaine every day lol...

This build should be really nice though. Certainly not my dream build, but all things considered I'd say it's a solid 1.0.

I'm submitting my very last list of placement issues, and then that's it. M1lk8n will fix them all and send me the final build to text/sign/release. Meantime I will finish up the final bits and should be ready for early/mid week next week.

I am pretty sure we have a higher percentage if not outright number of enterable/lootable buildlings than Vanilla DayZ/Chernarus... I'm going to see if I can get someone to spoonfeed me how to do a quick building count list... fairly sure they're all Land_ so it should just be building/logging an array? But I'm just not sure...

I hope I have time to do a fancy video about all the building features. It's literally NUTS how much better they are than even A2 OA buildings... hell, short of the glass, animated doorknobs (we have some), and textures, I'd say they're better than A3 buildings... The glass is down to them finally doing a proper module for glass, but previously they never took the time to do individual breaking panes of glass... M1lkm8n did.... we've got animated destruction on a couple bridges and one house, door breaching etc... Going to be GREAT!

As much as I don't like the up-escalation trend of DayZ mods, I MIGHT unban some surprises in view of the animated destruction features... I really wanted to do it all script limited, but at this point... this MIGHT be the last major update I ever do.... We've got a lot of plans for A3 too... but as usual some community projects and the loving treatment of the Terrain are the most important thing for us.

Well the NEXT version of that will be in the release. We are working on the next build of smd_sahrani_a2 now.

It's got even more buildings than what's shown there. I haven't had time to do vids of the new buildings, but it's more about the general attention to detail on the buildings and in the package in general. There were some errors with the way we packaged that build that have now been rectified, and also a LOT of the buildings in there were just not up to snuff.

It also will include this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthre...-Standalone-PBO-Release&p=2486912#post2486912

I've modified that quite a bit since then. It now also adds all the zombies to factions so they are easily identifiable in the editor.

M1lkm8n has been diligently going through every opened building and ensuring they are up to the same standards, which is to say even higher standards than A2 oA, and on some accounts the same or better quality than A3.

I'm getting very close to done on my end, and M1lkm8n only has a few more items on his list.

Of course with all the SA hype it looks like we're going to time it as poorly as possible as usual.... My guess is SA is going to be out at the same time, or before our next build....

I am TOYING with the idea of popping out a build to get an issues sorted out

So as mentioned the map has tons of new buildings with great features like shattering glass, animated doors throughout, and the 1 story stucco residential in South Sahrani has animated destruction!

In view of all the cool effects and lack of tanks in DayZ, I've done a couple things.

1. Pipebombs (by this I mean satchel charges, not a new item) are in the loot tables (irrelevant but there are craftable carbombs as well)
2. RPG's are unbanned and in the lootables

It's good fun. I'm going to set them as crashsite only, but they're pretty well balanced... No locking, no scope, no backpack, can't carry more than 2 rounds on a player, and honestly they suck for anything but vehicle/building damage, I shot into a few buildings that had zombies in them and it blew out all the windows, but the zeds were fine...

With the MV22 and C130 in there was just nothing that had even a chance of taking them down from the ground... even the M2 Landrovers I think might not be able to? Not sure though.

I've got the loot positions 99pct done, just need to touch up a few positions, and add zombie spawn locations for like 10-20 more buildings (that goes fast it's getting the list ironed out that sucks).

Then I have to redo/make the new loot tables... again that can be done pretty quick.

M1lkm8n is cranking away as well. We should meet at the finish line by the end of this week for sure.

The Baseball bat and shovel are being dicks, I think I'm just going to pull them, I just don't have the patience to figure out WTF is going on.

Yeah already took them out of the loot tables.

Putting some trash back in now, (previously was at 400 percent for ALL buildings lol) am testing it at different rates now....

This is a fairly rare chance for anyone to offer input I might take.

I've made the zombies assholey again-ish, they're not quite as bad as .21 but there are more, and they are more dicky than in 0.7.8, if this is not wanted I suppose just say so and I'll dial it back to where it is now... I don't like the current builds zombies they are too few and too easy IMO... but I like dicky zombies, and don't play so... it should really be up to you.

Same for loot/junk percentages... I have added TONS and TONS of loot positions, I'm going to set the loot percentages at somewhere between .1 and 1.0. The hotel for example has way too much loot to spawn 100 percent of it. This essentially makes the loot positions auto-randomize.

I might button this build up and push it to commander so I can get feed back, and then do one more update to address any bugs or issues that arise while M1lkm8n finishes up the current map build.

Back