DayZ Taviana for DayZ 1.7.7(Tact's Build)

Will you download if its released?

• Yes

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you for your concern cen :), I know I can get the vanilla 1.7.6.1 working but the thing is what I want to do is add more to it without the possibility of breaking it and give more power to the people wanting to mod it more freedom to add more to it. As of what I done so far I got all the 1.7.7 Items added to 1.7.6.1 that was pretty easy to do. I also updated to the loot tables for 1.7.6.1. I know there is people waiting for this but it'll be worth it when its done. I'll do my best to keep any major bugs out of it and I will give server information to my community's server that I'll be hosting this mod on for a couple days to work out any bugs that I may have missed. As of right now I'm trying to add all the actions/functions for the new items like those stash piles, crafting abilities, and so on. The parts that I am going to skip on adding from 1.7.7 is the new Zombie Behavior, the one where you can't ever lose the zombies. All the Medical, Init(contains compiles, variables, and so on) to the original 1.7.6.1 I won't do much modding in that except only the parts that needs to be editting.

As to DirtySnipe, I gave it my best shot to get it working for 1.7.7 if I were to do that I would have to make a completely different copy of Taviana to get it going for 1.7.7 DayZ Private Hive. As for what I'm using now as for Database system is Reality and I really like their customization options. I did message the creator of Reality about the new Database entries that they've added into 1.7.7. I'm sorry if I ever put your hopes down on the 1.7.7 version release. I will definetely check into 1.7.7 Release after I finish up this one see if it will be easy to create/modify. It wouldn't work on a Public Hive, since all the car spawns are pre-setted on the Public Hive. I could see Character Data would work and wouldn't have any issues there. It would have to be a Private DayZ Hive of your own for everything to work like it should. But that of course is just my speculation.

Keep on moving forward, we're all excited about this release. I don't know how much I would focus on crafting since I think they pulled that out of 1.7.7 or delayed it right?

Building a gun sounds cool though!

I hate when people say that they hear from other people that 1.7.7 sucks or dont like it..with out trying it themselfs. 1.7.6.1 is fine i guess.. Better then no update..I really love 1.7.7 so far..

We're going based on what Tactical_Force has said. He can't do a straight 1.7.7 port of the code so he's trying to add what he can to it.

I've played both and to be honest I'm more looking forward for a release of this on 1.7.6 more than 1.7.7

Any updated ETA?

I've played both and to be honest I'm more looking forward for a release of this on 1.7.6 more than 1.7.7

Any updated ETA?

I'm really hoping to get this release within a few days here, maybe less. I know it is possible to make a 1.7.7 version but it'll would only work for the DayZ Hive database. I know I've been wanting to get it going for 1.7.7, and I'll update the first post to let people know that I downgraded it to 1.7.6.1 instead for 1.7.7. The crafting I'll test out to make sure it'll work and I did notice that they disabled it in the files and probably for good reasons. Won't hurt to test them out see what the reasons was for disabling them. I did however use 1.7.7 Skins but I also would like to try to add in different variations or levels of Bandits/Heros. I have to see how DayZ updates players to Bandits/Hero skins if its based by Humanity Level than I can just set what Skin they get changed to based by their Humanity Level. I'm really loving all your guys support with me on this. I will do the best that I can and hopefully have it out soon. But yea I am trying to get as much as possible from 1.7.7 into this 1.7.6.1 version.

I've had a look at the client files and spotted numerous addons that I'm fairly certain the original poster does not have permission to distribute in the manner that he is (including what I'm fairly sure is a version of Taviana that Martin does not permit redistribution of).

Unless someone can convince me otherwise this thread will disappear soon; as the forum moderator I don't think it is appropriate for opendayz.net.

Can you point out some of the addons?

And what does this mean

including what I'm fairly sure is a version of Taviana that Martin does not permit redistribution of

There are multiple versions of Taviana floating around?

Can you point out some of the addons?

And what does this mean

There are multiple versions of Taviana floating around?

There is only one public version around; the others would be taken out of Origins or DayZLand.EU (just before it become Origins). I think that's what the original poster is referring to with his references to ignoring legal threats.

I've had a look at the client files and spotted numerous addons that I'm fairly certain the original poster does not have permission to distribute in the manner that he is (including what I'm fairly sure is a version of Taviana that Martin does not permit redistribution of).

Unless someone can convince me otherwise this thread will disappear soon; as the forum moderator I don't think it is appropriate for opendayz.net.

So how else do we update Tavi? The original developer was last seen March 22 which is almost 3 months ago....

So how do you expect to get his permission?

So how is he not using the public version of Taviana?

Also, what addons specifically did you see?

He isn't modifying the map in anyway that I've seen just updating the codebase to a newer version and adding some things.

I don't see how that's not allowed here?

If it's specific to the addons I'm sure he can try and get permission for them, or are they publicly available addons from armaholic?

So how else do we update Tavi? The original developer was last seen March 22 which is almost 3 months ago....

So how do you expect to get his permission?

They are two separate issues (and people). Which map you use has nothing to do with hicks_206 (who shouldn't be hard to get hold of either; private messaging him should send a copy to his e-mail even if he hasn't logged into the forum).

So how is he not using the public version of Taviana?

There is a single version of Taviana that can be publicly used. The files being distributed don't match that version. They're either edited or they're an Origins version, either of which is an issue.

Guys - he did infact message me. I have not had a chance to get back to him, as I have been slammed with the Xbox One, Survivor GameZ, and another DayZ related project.

While it is true that we're still trying to find time to get our 2.5 out with a new Tavi specific vehicle and latest DayZ, I have zero issues with this fine gentleman doing his own thing.

Back