DayZ Version 1.8 has been released...

Self bloodbag --> working
Suicide --> Working
Debug monitor --> working
Auto refuel --> Working
Remove road debris --> Working

No changes necessary on the mods themselves? I would have thought with the changed mission file it would have caused issues. Are added buildings and Sarge still working?

Buiding in DB is not working anymore, haven't looked why because I hate building in database... You should always add them to the mission files.

Any scripts that use the 'dayzCombat ==1' check at any point, will not work on 1.8 Chernarus. They have removed the combat system and now solely link combat to your abort timer. I set up a fix to get self blood working and the same fix should work for most other scripts which use a combat check if people still want them to have it.
If not, then you'd have to remove any combat checks from the scripts to get them working.

To keep the combat system do this.
Near the top there should be
Code:
private ["_blah1","_blah2","_blah3"];
Change it to add this
Code:
"_timeout","_inCombat"
So it looks like this
Code:
private ["_blah1","_blah2","_blah3","_timeout","_inCombat"];

Somewhere after that add
Code:
_timeout = player getVariable["combattimeout", 0];
_inCombat = if (_timeout >= diag_tickTime) then { true } else { false };

Then find any
Code:
if (dayz_combat == 1) then {
And change them to
Code:
if (_inCombat) then {

This will now check to see if the abort combat timer has been triggered and wont allow you do perform the listed actions until the abort timer returns to 0.

Awesome. Not sure when Vilayer will release a 1.8 but ill remember this. Meanwhile my server pop died overnight :(

Still not sure i want to update and lose most of the mods. Not exactly sure where im supposed to make the changes Rosska has suggested. Will hace to wait and see.

Still not sure i want to update and lose most of the mods. Not exactly sure where im supposed to make the changes Rosska has suggested. Will hace to wait and see.

Depends on which scripts it is man. For instance, Krixes' self blood script you would need to make the changes to player_selfbloodbag.sqf. Or you can download my working file from the thread.

http://opendayz.net/threads/krixes-self-bloodbag-script.9212/page-27#post-73247

For other scripts it will vary, for example Fred's Wardrobe also does a combat check and it is called in each of the skin files so you'd need to edit all of them.

Gotcha... ill probably just wait until people more knowledgeable get them working. I mean the bloodbag one will def be useful but i have many...auto refuel, remove clothing, SARGE AI, remove parts, towing, cpc nametags, the silent warrior admin tool, ive added weapons to a couple vehicles, blah blah. I dont really understand the code, id just be following directions and so i hesitate to make changes because if i screw up its hard for me to know how, where, or why i screwed up. But ill definitely be saving this thread and always keeping your instructions handy just in case i get impatient.

Buiding in DB is not working anymore, haven't looked why because I hate building in database... You should always add them to the mission files.

My database buildings are still working perfectly, no fixes or changes were required... You should always have them in the database. :) Aren't personal preferences wonderful!

Ive never tried them in my database. I just kinda stuck with what I learned. Mission file is pretty easy so I stuck with it.

Any scripts that use the 'dayzCombat ==1' check at any point, will not work on 1.8 Chernarus. They have removed the combat system and now solely link combat to your abort timer. I set up a fix to get self blood working and the same fix should work for most other scripts which use a combat check if people still want them to have it.
If not, then you'd have to remove any combat checks from the scripts to get them working.

To keep the combat system do this.
Near the top there should be
Code:
private ["_blah1","_blah2","_blah3"];
Change it to add this
Code:
"_timeout","_inCombat"
So it looks like this
Code:
private ["_blah1","_blah2","_blah3","_timeout","_inCombat"];

Somewhere after that add
Code:
_timeout = player getVariable["combattimeout", 0];
_inCombat = if (_timeout >= diag_tickTime) then { true } else { false };

Then find any
Code:
And change them to
Code:
if (_inCombat) then {

This will now check to see if the abort combat timer has been triggered and wont allow you do perform the listed actions until the abort timer returns to 0.

lol that much for a combat check
just do this

Then find any
Code:
And change them to
Code:
if (!(dayz_canDisconnect)) then {

I have found that with 1.8 I cannot build tents as the controls (space-bar etc) do not work.

Anyone found a fix for it?

lol that much for a combat check
just do this

Then find any
Code:
And change them to
Code:
if (!(dayz_canDisconnect)) then {

Well I didn't think it would be the only way, but I only started working with DayZ code three weeks ago so I'm not exactly aware of every function yet. I was pretty glad I'd figured that way out since nobody else had posted any solutions other than disabling all combat checks. :p

Edit: Actually, on testing your method doesn't work. I can still do things that I shouldn't be able to whilst there is a counter on my abort timer. I've been testing with the self blood script (because it's a nice quick and easy way of testing). With my method, I shoot my gun the abort timer starts and I can't self blood until the timer ends. With your method, I shoot my gun the abort timer starts but I can still self blood.

How is the spawning gear defined in 1.8. Starting gear is always roadflares and bandage, regardless of what you put in instance table.

Back