Origins Server?

Ive got Sarge's AI implemented for a few days already. Seems fine so far, still fiddling around with correct static spawns on Sector B island, but all the roaming groups throughout the big cities are fine.
Ive left the Origins AI in as well, not sure how they handle each other on Sector B as they might be hostile, but main focus was on getting survivor groups to roam a few cities like Sabina and Branibor.
I'd love to be able to have groups isolated into area's, can that be done? eg, Sarge AI in Branibor and Lypestock only.. no forest roaming etc

edit: I may look at removing ARMY from SAR AI in addition to reduce confusion between military and army. Will also hopefully improve server FPS.

Also may look at removing the 'survivor' skin from Bandits, too confusing, and especially for newer players joining, might be too confusing for them to comprehend initially.

I'd love to be able to have groups isolated into area's, can that be done? eg, Sarge AI in Branibor and Lypestock only.. no forest roaming etc

edit: I may look at removing ARMY from SAR AI in addition to reduce confusion between military and army. Will also hopefully improve server FPS.

Also may look at removing the 'survivor' skin from Bandits, too confusing, and especially for newer players joining, might be too confusing for them to comprehend initially.

Sure, can be done easily with the SARGE config file that is provided already.

Ill be updating and linking to my github fork of MajorPains files once I am back from work, so you can get out of it whatever you need.

Currently, Ive set the city groups to be Survivors, thus giving a little protection to heroe players and covering their asses from the increased zombie numbers.
On the other hand, those survivors can be killed for getting negative humanity and thus allowing bandit players to kill them for farming -humanity (as counterpart to killing 15 zombies for 300 +humanity).
Small chances for loot (GPS,NVG) have also been added so thats an additional way of getting these if you are willing to risk getting killed by them.

Sounds like a bad ide to add more AIs when the servers cant handle the Origins AI.
I wouldnt want to play on that server because of all the lags.

I did just setup 5reserved slot so ppl can donate for VIP(it was the players ide because the server is full 24/7) :D

All the donations goes into new hardware.

unless the server fps are below 18-20 the AI choppers are pretty laggy. I think i will remove them from the code on my server and therefore add some more AI on salvation as it is too easy to sneak in to the 3 weapon Urals

EDIT: tryed to remove the whole AI. Server starts up with 50 FPS, With AI 12 FPS

How to disable AI from the server?

Sure, can be done easily with the SARGE config file that is provided already.

Ill be updating and linking to my github fork of MajorPains files once I am back from work, so you can get out of it whatever you need.

Currently, Ive set the city groups to be Survivors, thus giving a little protection to heroe players and covering their asses from the increased zombie numbers.
On the other hand, those survivors can be killed for getting negative humanity and thus allowing bandit players to kill them for farming -humanity (as counterpart to killing 15 zombies for 300 +humanity).
Small chances for loot (GPS,NVG) have also been added so thats an additional way of getting these if you are willing to risk getting killed by them.

Sounds awesome, Im in the middle of a little project myself. I'll show you when its done :) Im pretty happy with what I've done so far but haven't carried out any testing whatsoever.

and by the way I've got +200 for bandit kill / -200 for hero kill .. might sound like a alot and maybe revised but im lowering the amount of AI in the server so they wont be as frequent to come across, so they'll need to be rewarding.

Probably post what I've done after I wake up.. so tired

unless the server fps are below 18-20 the AI choppers are pretty laggy. I think i will remove them from the code on my server and therefore add some more AI on salvation as it is too easy to sneak in to the 3 weapon Urals

EDIT: tryed to remove the whole AI. Server starts up with 50 FPS, With AI 12 FPS

I've been looking for the files to edit to modify the AI on Sec B. Where did you find them?

Ive got Sarge's AI implemented for a few days already. Seems fine so far, still fiddling around with correct static spawns on Sector B island, but all the roaming groups throughout the big cities are fine.
Ive left the Origins AI in as well, not sure how they handle each other on Sector B as they might be hostile, but main focus was on getting survivor groups to roam a few cities like Sabina and Branibor.

I've got that running as well, though the AI are stupid. I took out 3 of them with a hatchet. I'd like to have the survivor and bandit AI kills register on the humanity levels. Anyone thought of doing this?

I've got that running as well, though the AI are stupid. I took out 3 of them with a hatchet. I'd like to have the survivor and bandit AI kills register on the humanity levels. Anyone thought of doing this?

It does it by default. But to change the amounts.. edit SAR_config.sqf

// -----------------------------------------------
// Humanity values
// -----------------------------------------------

// Humanity Value that gets substracted for a survivor or soldier AI kill
SAR_surv_kill_value = xxx;

// Humanity Value that gets ADDED for a bandit AI kill
SAR_band_kill_value = xxx;

// the humanity value below which a player will be considered hostile
SAR_HUMANITY_HOSTILE_LIMIT = 2000;

change xxx to the amount gained or/and lost and youre set

I have tried to make his files run the server without the noentry.config error but its not working. No client is able to join the server. I am now going to use the cortex files and test.

The files I posed are the Server, MPmission, and something else, but not the DB. You need the DB files.

forgive if I am a heavy but I still have problems with the Ural b sector, I am unable to generate the pcleanup does not work and I have no way how to do it alone ospido eg a hand me away!

Look me github... WORK 100% if you have nothing to lose do wipe
Remember that at restart call functions pMain

Hi there, ive been trying to look through this thread for exactly what i need, but its really hard with all the pages and different stuff, basicly im running cortez´s "updated origins server files" from the epm gaming website, and im getting complaints that loot is dissapearing if a player leaves ie a supermarket for a minute and then goes back there and its all gone. has there been any luck so far? ive noticed theres a few different newer github versions of the serverfiles, but im not sure which to use.

Thanks in advance

Look me github... WORK 100% if you have nothing to lose do wipe
Remember that at restart call functions pMain

please pass me your link git and I have to run esplicame as pmain, I run it as a query but nothing comes out.thanks friend

I think that a .bat to the vhicles and sector b that term does not understand how to execute pmain and pcleanup, need us this is starting to get rid of my patience and my health

Redid the git files, and now the user will have to pack the .pbo themselves as the build.bat was causing issues with the build. PBO Manager is included for installation.

Fixed 4 hr day/night.
Added fix to git: https://github.com/MajorPainage/Origins

For those with servers already installed, I will try to give you instructions on what to do.

1) You must have the following file on your server: \MPMissions\dayz_1.origins.tavi\core_time.fsm
2) Edit your \MPMissions\dayz_1.origins.tavi\init.sqf and add the following to the bottom of the file and save it:

Code:
[3,true,true,3] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

3) Edit your \dayz_1.origins.tavi\HiveExt.cfg and set the following:

Code:
[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
Type = Local
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
Offset = 0
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
;Hour = 8

That's it. Save everything and restart your server.
Now join the server, and press 'o' to being up your watch, and as the second hand passes 12, the minute hand will jump ahead 2 minutes. Remember, that your second went around for 1 min, plus the 2 min jump equals a total of 3 mins.

In your HiveExt.cfg, you can also adjust the offset if you want, but with 4 hr dayz/nights, it's not really going to matter.

Looking at the issue with grave crosses, but I am no expert at this stuff.
In the fn_selfActions.sqf, I see the following:

//GraveCrossHelmet_DZ
if(_isCruse) then { //\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\cruse.sqf

Not sure if this is supposed to generate the grave cross, but I did notice that the cruse.sqf doesn't exist.

From what i can tell if the cross was supposed to be generated at death it would not be in fn_selfActions. if anything it would be in the dayz_code.pbo and would be in player_death or server_playerDeath but there is nothing in those two files.

The line of code you have located is there to give the player the option to remove the graves.

Back