Okay, you dont like the lists. We could debate the value of banlists and whitelists all day.
But would you provide player data to help everyone who does want to use banlists and whitelists?
You could make a whitelist of maybe 400 verified players that you are sure are legit, and maybe 5,000 players who have played on your servers 10 times without getting caught cheating so we can assume they are legit (because you are a vigilant and fair admin). If we could get 30 servers with 40 players to do the same thing that would mean.
12,000 players on a whitelist
150,000 players on a greylist ( 'assumed whitelist')
I would run those lists on my server when I am not online. When I am online (or another trusted admin) then we allow everyone to join so we can increase the whitelist and greylist.
So how to identify who is hacking: I think a simple command to check the number of connections of each player is the best method. Someone who plays on your server every day might be a hacker but they are generally the "harmless" ones, spawning in a vehicle or ammo for themselves. They dont use zombieshields because someone would notice that, they want to play but have the game be 'easy'. Ban them when caught but they aren't the real problem hacker like the guy who disrupts the game for everyone with teleports, nukes and dancing chickens.
The guy who nukes elektro is not going to join every day and on the 6th day decide "Today is the day I rain doom on their doomed heads!" He simply looks for a full server where he can cause the most damage and then pops in and destroys. So the player with 1 or 2 connections is your culprit.