[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

We noticed that some of the guns and vehicles cannot be sold at the traders. To name a few, the M249 SAW, the Black SUV (not armored) and the Mi-17. It may be a Classname (sp?) issue? It seems like those items that end with a DZE suffix can be sold while those items that end with a DZ suffix cannot be sold.

I updated my DZMS install with the latest download this morning and added the EM1 to the array for the prototype mission. DZMS is a hit on my server. Players that had long ago faded into the sunset with DayZ and the variants are back to playing nearly every night again.

Yes. At the moment I am still using Lazyink's missions, but with the newest version, RC1.1 I have replaced the C130 crash with an AN2 cargo drop, and completely redone all the Major missions in the editor.

I want to improve the missions that are already there by making them more realistic and balanced, and then I'm going to start adding more missions to the roster. I also intend to add Epoch Specific Missions that will be included to the roster automatically if you are running Epoch.
I made a quick mission to test out how hard it would be to make my own and the cords seem to be the hardest part. I ended up making this as a mission lol
X6rLhUW.jpg

hi im with ss
Hi, My happiness was short lived. After the newest version you posted first in it went great have two identical servers running epoch 1.0.4.1 with SS. But then I switched to new location on one of them and rebuilt and now both of these servers get stuck on authentication screen and then to lobby if I put in the dzai folder and put the script in.

I can't find any rpt files on my computer and SS only gives you pbo so I don't have anyway to check it. I know its an issue because I had plain vanilla install that was working and first thing I added was missions and it got stuck in the loop. If I remove the dzai folder and script it boots in fine.

One new thing is I get error on start up mission dayz logo paa file that wasn't there before.

thanks in advance. Gramps

PS I have been having major spike problems with isp I use and so maybe my files are not getting thru to server when I upload pbo? One server now I can't upload mission.pbo it shows its loading and done but pbo size never changes and I have a ticket with SS for that problem.

Their customer service takes about 6 days to get back to me so it drives me crazy.

your rpt log is in ftp client on your control panel on the right at the top im also with ss servers

We noticed that some of the guns and vehicles cannot be sold at the traders. To name a few, the M249 SAW, the Black SUV (not armored) and the Mi-17. It may be a Classname (sp?) issue? It seems like those items that end with a DZE suffix can be sold while those items that end with a DZ suffix cannot be sold.

I updated my DZMS install with the latest download this morning and added the EM1 to the array for the prototype mission. DZMS is a hit on my server. Players that had long ago faded into the sunset with DayZ and the variants are back to playing nearly every night again.

At the moment that is the reason. If you go through and change the vehicle classnames in the files it will work.
I plan to fix this soon by adding all the vehicles classnames in an array in the config to be modified.
The gun classnames can be modified in DZMSAIConfig and DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf, both in the ExtConfig folder.

I made a quick mission to test out how hard it would be to make my own and the cords seem to be the hardest part. I ended up making this as a mission lol

The coordinates are the hardest part. How I redid all the major missions so far as by adding a plot pole as my center point and building it on the NWAF. Then I could place the scenery, put trucks down for vehicle spawns, atv's for AI spawns, and then the crate where I wanted. Then I had to figure out the meter offset to put it in the code to be dynamic. Glad you are liking the mission system. You're not the first person who I've inspired to start making custom missions. :)

Mission seems to be working fine for me except no ai are spawning, im most likely missing something real simple but i dont know what it is, do i need DZAI or WickedAI or have i just done something wrong? If anyone could help that'd be awesome!

Mission seems to be working fine for me except no ai are spawning, im most likely missing something real simple but i dont know what it is, do i need DZAI or WickedAI or have i just done something wrong? If anyone could help that'd be awesome!

Are you getting any sort of errors in your RPT?

_unit = _unitGroup createUnit [_aiskin, [(_position select >
17:52:49 Error position: <createUnit [_aiskin, [(_position select >
17:52:49 Error Type Any, expected String
17:52:49 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSAISpawn.sqf, line 32
17:52:49 Error in expression <_fnc_selectRandom;

_unit = _unitGroup createUnit [_aiskin, [(_position select >
17:52:49 Error position: <createUnit [_aiskin, [(_position select >
17:52:49 Error Type Any, expected String
17:52:49 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSAISpawn.sqf, line 32
17:52:49 Error in expression <_fnc_selectRandom;

In the ExtConfig folder there is a file called DZMSAIConfig.sqf. Right at the top is the array of skins.
If you have modified that array it is either empty, or you have messed it up.

In the ExtConfig folder there is a file called DZMSAIConfig.sqf. Right at the top is the array of skins.

Ah okay i must have messed it up, i did add ghille so maybe i done something wrong, thanks ill go over it :)

Oh one other thing, some mission vehicles are rolling down the hill and exploding xD Any ideas on what i can do there?

Oh one other thing, some mission vehicles are rolling down the hill and exploding xD Any ideas on what i can do there?

You can reduce the steepness it will spawn at by finding this line in DZMSFunctions.sqf:
Code:
_pos = [_centerPos,0,DZMSMapRadii,60,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
and changing the 20 to a lower number like 18 until you don't see the problem anymore.

Also do other missions spawn while the current two are up? So if no one goes and tries to complete it do the current ones time out and a new one pops out somewhere? Also the code below is the only way to make the AI harder correct? So if I wanted to make them as difficult as i can just change everything to 1.00? By the way THANK YOU for all your hard work and the time you took to help me.

u can run dzai and the wai mission system togther both really easy to install and yes you can put all to 1.00 id leave shake low though think that wil improve the ai if im correct

the system works flawless! thanks mate. however is there anyway to make the bandits spawn inside the map and not outside for lets say chernarus?

You can reduce the steepness it will spawn at by finding this line in DZMSFunctions.sqf:
Code:
_pos = [_centerPos,0,DZMSMapRadii,60,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
and changing the 20 to a lower number like 18 until you don't see the problem anymore.

Thanks that worked!
The ai still isnt spawning though, im getting the same error but i changed the skins to default:
// Array of skin classnames for the AI to use
DZMSBanditSkins = ["Bandit1_DZ","BanditW1_DZ"];

the system works flawless! thanks mate. however is there anyway to make the bandits spawn inside the map and not outside for lets say chernarus?

This is an error in the newest version when I tried to fix a different issue.
I'll get it fixed later today and I'll post here when its done.
I'd fix it right now but I'm halfway through adding a new feature.

Thanks that worked!
The ai still isnt spawning though, im getting the same error but i changed the skins to default:
// Array of skin classnames for the AI to use
DZMSBanditSkins = ["Bandit1_DZ","BanditW1_DZ"];

Are you trying to use static coordinates?

This is an error in the newest version when I tried to fix a different issue.
I'll get it fixed later today and I'll post here when its done.
I'd fix it right now but I'm halfway through adding a new feature.

Thanks alot mate and impressive work!

Back