[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

Only problem i have is only one bandit at almost allof these missions.

Also when i enable the vehicles to be saved, seems to save the humvee fine, but not the jeeps.

Seems you may have updated the script. No version number change, but i'll do it and see if it fixes this.

Last edited:
hey Vampire is it possible to run 2 missions at the same time with DZMS?

The Major and Minor missions run at the same time, but so people don't pick and choose which to go to based on if its a minor or major mission the markers are the same color. Major missions take longer to run based on your settings in the Config.

Only problem i have is only one bandit at almost allof these missions.

Also when i enable the vehicles to be saved, seems to save the humvee fine, but not the jeeps.

Seems you may have updated the script. No version number change, but i'll do it and see if it fixes this.

If you have Sarge or DZAI check that you don't have AI that are hostile to East. You could have your roaming AI killing them before a player gets there. Otherwise, I'm not sure what would be causing it.

The Major and Minor missions run at the same time, but so people don't pick and choose which to go to based on if its a minor or major mission the markers are the same color. Major missions take longer to run based on your settings in the Config.
"DZMSMinMarker" setMarkerColor "ColorRed"; i assume i can just change ColorRed to ColorGreen then?

I've got a question regarding the way loot is presented (at work so cant check the files):

Is it spawned in tents or crates?
The reason I ask: Namalsk 0.75 has most crates blocked, so I have to edit all crates to tents to have them able to spawn (I believe, havent found another way tbh)

I looked at the code for Namalsk, and if you are running vanilla Namalsk (not epoch) there is a cleanup running that deletes the crates almost immediately after they are spawned in.

In server_cleanup.fsm you need to look for this line:
Code:
"//Check for Ammobox" \n

And change the area under it to look like this:
Code:
       " {" \n
       "//    if(!(_x isKindOf ""WeaponHolder"")) then {" \n
       "//        diag_log (""CLEANUP: DELETING AN AMMOBOX "" + (typeOf _x));" \n
       "//        deleteVehicle _x;" \n
       "//    };" \n
       " } forEach allMissionObjects ""ReammoBox"";" \n

This will prevent it from deleting AmmoBoxes and make the mission system crates stay.

I was using this on Epoch Napf- Were some glitches but I managed to fix them
Ex-

if (DZMSWorldName == "napf") then {
_centerPos = [10010.905, 10448.559, 0];
};

Also best to edit
_pos = [getMarkerPos "center",0,9000,150,0,7,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
_pos = [getMarkerPos "center",500,9000,150,0,7,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
or other numbers to avoid center of map/novy bugs

Another small guide.. Tip..
in
DZMSBox.sqf
to add extra stuff besides just weapons
under _medical = [XXXX];
put _extras = ["ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairsSupport"];
then below load packs
put
//load extra
_scount = count _extras;
for "_x" from 0 to 8 do {
_sSelect = floor(random _sCount);
_item = _extras select _sSelect;
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,(round(random 8))];
};
I am not sure the exact numbers it picks but that is what I use to add more supplies/building supplies.
Another thing I had problems with boxes disapearing sometimes so I used _object setVariable permaloot true,
so they stay.. But other than that, everything works out great!

I was using this on Epoch Napf- Were some glitches but I managed to fix them
Ex-

if (DZMSWorldName == "napf") then {
_centerPos = [10010.905, 10448.559, 0];
};

Also best to edit
_pos = [getMarkerPos "center",0,9000,150,0,7,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
_pos = [getMarkerPos "center",500,9000,150,0,7,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
or other numbers to avoid center of map/novy bugs

Another small guide.. Tip..
in
DZMSBox.sqf
to add extra stuff besides just weapons
under _medical = [XXXX];
put _extras = ["ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairsSupport"];
then below load packs
put
//load extra
_scount = count _extras;
};
I am not sure the exact numbers it picks but that is what I use to add more supplies/building supplies.
Another thing I had problems with boxes disapearing sometimes so I used _object setVariable permaloot true,
so they stay.. But other than that, everything works out great!

Napf was unsupported. That's why you had to add it. If you can give me coordinates of the center point then I can add it. Without it being added to the function correctly it is simply using the way all the older missions found a safe spot. Maps that are supported because I had the coordinates are checked much differently.

That findSafePos "fix" does not matter if the map is supported as it loops through making sure that it never returns the exact coordinates it was fed. This combined with findSafePos not giving any positions within 100meters of a building means there is no longer a Novy Sobor bug.

DZMSWeaponsCrate has defined arrays for Epoch Building supplys already, they are just not used in any missions yet, as DZMS is designed to work on any map, It detects if you are running Epoch as Epoch does not use 999 calls for writing vehicles. In a future version, I will be adding Epoch specific missions, so if you run Epoch, DZMS will automatically add some Epoch specific missions to be run alongside the default missions.

Yesterday before the official release I also added permaLoot to the crates. In DZMSFunctions.sqf there is this block now.
Code:
    if (_object isKindOf "ReammoBox") then {
// PermaLoot on top of ObjID because that "arma logic"
_object setVariable ["permaLoot",true];
};

DZMS now fully supports Napf Island.
Thanks :p I like it so far- wasn't too hard to add it in (center post was in my thread) also - can you explain what these values mean in terms of items

_scount = count _extras;
};
does that mean it selects a random 8 items then a value of 1-8 to put into the box? I am not too sure there.. but thanks!

Thanks :p I like it so far- wasn't too hard to add it in (center post was in my thread) also - can you explain what these values mean in terms of items

_scount = count _extras;
};
does that mean it selects a random 8 items then a value of 1-8 to put into the box? I am not too sure there.. but thanks!

The first value 0 to 8 means it loops through 8 times, choosing 8 different items randomly from the array. The items could be all the same, or different, because each time it randomly chooses from the array.

The round random means it takes 8, randomizes it (so it could be anything from 0 to 8 including decimals like 1.46), then rounds it to the nearest whole number. This is how many of the item it has chosen, this time through the array, it will add to the crate.

The first value 0 to 8 means it loops through 8 times, choosing 8 different items randomly from the array. The items could be all the same, or different, because each time it randomly chooses from the array.

The round random means it takes 8, randomizes it (so it could be anything from 0 to 8 including decimals like 1.46), then rounds it to the nearest whole number. This is how many of the item it has chosen, this time through the array, it will add to the crate.
Sweet thanks!

My question was about adding gold to each crate, but I was able to figure it out after I took a quick walk away.

Last edited:
Is anyone else running my missions not getting named markers?
I think it may be a Vanilla DayZ thing, but I want to get some feedback first.

None of the map markers are named on my server if thats what you mean, is just displays a red circle on the map no name or text, vanila dayz 1.8.3 as well

None of the map markers are named on my server if thats what you mean, is just displays a red circle on the map no name or text, vanila dayz 1.8.3 as well

Im assuming Mil_dot is banned by vanilla then. I'll do an update soon to fix it.

Back