DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
1:36:44 Error position: <DZMSMinDone};
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
1:36:44 Error Undefined variable in expression: dzmsmindone
1:36:44 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSMinTimer.sqf, line 42
1:36:44 Error in expression <or Mission %1.",_varName];

im geting this error , i didnt change anything in DZMS folders just copy the DZMS in to the serverpbo.

Installed and looking pretty good. The vanilla version is functioning great but as soon as I try to add anything to the DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf it breaks them. The events still happen and everything functions correctly but the boxes have nothing in them. For example, if it's the NATO mission the box will have the correct flares and grenades but no guns or ammo because I have added the SCARs. And yes, there are no missing commas in the weapons list or anything, we have looked through it thoroughly.

We did find that removing the command to add ammo with the weapons would allow the vanilla weapons to spawn, but still no additional weapons. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the loots in the crates.
I am running an Epoch server on chernarus, and I tried to custom the crates by adding briefcases.
This is how I did, using the DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Pistols
DZMSpistolList = ["Colt1911","glock17_EP1","M9","M9SD","Makarov","MakarovSD","revolver_EP1","UZI_EP1"];

// Sniper Rifles
DZMSsniperList = ["SVD_CAMO","DMR_DZ","huntingrifle","M14_EP1","M24","M40A3","M16A4_ACG","ItemBriefcase60oz"];

// Light Machineguns
DZMSmgList = ["M240_DZ","M249_DZ","Mk_48_DZ","bizon_silenced","MP5A5","MP5SD","RPK_74","ItemBriefcase40oz"];

// Primary Rifles
DZMSprimaryList = ["AK_47_M","AK_74","AKS_74_kobra","AKS_74_U","BAF_L85A2_RIS_Holo","bizon_silenced","FN_FAL_ANPVS4","FN_FAL","G36A_camo","G36C_camo","G36C","G36K_camo","M1014","M16A2","M16A2GL","M4A1_AIM_SD_camo","M4A1_Aim","M4A1_HWS_GL_camo","M4A1","M4A3_CCO_EP1","Remington870_lamp","Sa58P_EP1","Sa58V_CCO_EP1","Sa58V_EP1","Sa58V_RCO_EP1","ItemBriefcase30oz"];

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Epoch Supplies. If you have Epoch, these are the supplies in the Construction Crates
DZMSConTools = ["ItemBriefcase20oz","ItemToolbox","ItemCrowbar","ItemKnife","ItemEtool","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemMatchbox_DZE"];

DZMSConSupply = ["ItemBriefcase100oz","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","ItemTankTrap","ItemPole","PartGeneric","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","ItemTentOld","ItemTentDomed","ItemTentDomed2","ItemSandbag","ItemWire","workbench_kit","ItemGenerator"];

It juste won't work, not even a little briefcase, I tought that it was because it wasn't the right "name" for it, but it seems like it is...
Maybe I need to add some ItemGoldbar instead of Briefcases?

(And I tried to make the AI a little less strong, but can't find a way to make them more easy, I need help for this too)

Sorry for my bad english =D.

I'm not sure how the in and outs of the script work but in Arma when making crates you have three variables, addWeaponCargoGlobal, addmagazineCargoGlobal, and addbackpackCargoGlobal. Briefcases need to go with the addmagazineCargoGlobal variable, so adding them to a function that uses addWeaponCargoGlobal won't work.

I would think that none of the places you added the Briefcase would work except maybe DZMSConSupply.

Edit: Take a look in the DZMS\scripts\DZMSbox.sqf under _money which is near the top line 18 for me, you may be able to add it to there.

Ok, so, if I make it like this:

// Define lists. Some lists are defined in DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf in the ExtConfig.
_bpackList = ["DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1","DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1","DZ_Czech_Vest_Puch","DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1","DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1","DZ_British_ACU","DZ_CivilBackpack_EP1","DZ_Backpack_EP1"];
_gshellList = ["HandGrenade_west","FlareGreen_M203","FlareWhite_M203"];
_medical = ["ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemEpinephrine","ItemPainkiller","ItemWaterbottle","FoodMRE","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBloodbag"];
_money = ["ItemSilverBar","ItemSilverBar10oz","ItemGoldBar","ItemGoldBar10oz","ItemBriefcase60oz","ItemBriefcase40oz","ItemBriefcase30oz","ItemBriefcase50oz","ItemBriefcase100oz"];

And for example, add this in the weapon crates part:

// load money
_scount = count _money;
for "_x" from 0 to 3 do {
_sSelect = floor(random _sCount);
_item = _money select _sSelect;
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,1];
};

It should be able to work?

And thank you for your help =). That was really fast.

Last edited:
I have a problem with the AI, it's way too much strong. I tried multiples way to reduce the difficulty, but none worked. If you have any tip on how to make AI weaker, please share :D

go to the DZMS folder and the go to ExtConfig and then go to DZMSAIConfig.sqf you should see array's of AI skills like
Code:
DZMSSkills0 = [
    ["aimingAccuracy",0.10,0.125],
    ["aimingShake",0.45,0.55],
    ["aimingSpeed",0.45,0.55],
    ["endurance",0.40,0.50],
    ["spotDistance",0.30,0.45],
    ["spotTime",0.30,0.45],
    ["courage",0.40,0.60],
    ["reloadSpeed",0.50,0.60],
    ["commanding",0.40,0.50],
    ["general",0.40,0.60]
];

Note the problem you might be having is that you have "nerfed" them but there are 4 different arrays so ... basically change every array to the difficulty you have so EVERY ai mission is at that difficulty... if you just change one... only like 2-3 missions will be changed

Hey Vampire,

Just wanted to give you a quick suggestion/question based upon a few things I have done using DZMS. Recently, I made it so that when a mission comes up and the text pops up, that the messages are much more vague (i.e. You hear yelling and gunshots in the distance. Go investigate!-->"Investigate" appears on red mission marker) that way players on your server are not really sure exactly WHAT mission they are doing, but rather that there is a point of interest in that vicinity. The players on my server have really liked this as it keeps things more fresh for them, and it has gotten much more players to begin participating in taking missions.

So my question is: would there be a way to make it so that the missions could cycle through several texts for mission prompts/markers? Based on the reactions on my server, I feel like this would add some nice depth to the mission system, and help create a more dynamic experience across the map--even though they are all the same missions, you will approach them all differently and therefore have a different experience each time.

On that same note, would it be possible to make it so that each mission has a random chance of having, say, anywhere from 7-10 AI, that way each time you go, it is just a little bit different? For example, at any given NATO weapon cache mission, a player could encounter 7 AI one time, and 10 AI another time.

I already tried this way. For the four differents arrays.

I made it all this ways:

DZMSSkills0 = [
["aimingAccuracy",0.00,0.00],
["aimingShake",0.00,0.00],
["aimingSpeed",0.00,0.00],
["endurance",0.00,0.00],
["spotDistance",0.00,0.00],
["spotTime",0.00,0.00],
["courage",0.00,0.00],
["reloadSpeed",0.00,0.00],
["commanding",0.00,0.00],
["general",0.00,0.00]
];

This way was just to see if the AI would be completely dumb, it didn't fix anything, still OP as shit :p.

Then I tought it was because I didn't give any "range", so I tried this way:

DZMSSkills0 = [
["aimingAccuracy",0.00,0.01],
["aimingShake",0.00,0.01],
["aimingSpeed",0.00,0.01],
["endurance",0.00,0.01],
["spotDistance",0.00,0.01],
["spotTime",0.00,0.01],
["courage",0.00,0.01],
["reloadSpeed",0.00,0.01],
["commanding",0.00,0.01],
["general",0.00,0.01]
];

Didn't fix it.

Finally, I tought it was because of the "0.00" value, so I made this:

DZMSSkills0 = [
["aimingAccuracy",0.01,0.02],
["aimingShake",0.01,0.02],
["aimingSpeed",0.01,0.02],
["endurance",0.01,0.02],
["spotDistance",0.01,0.02],
["spotTime",0.01,0.02],
["courage",0.01,0.02],
["reloadSpeed",0.01,0.02],
["commanding",0.01,0.02],
["general",0.01,0.02]
];

Still took headshots instantly, at 400 meters...

When they spawn it calls for the skills at the .sqf
Code:
switch (_skill) do {
        case 0: {_aicskill = DZMSSkills0;};
        case 1: {_aicskill = DZMSSkills1;};
        case 2: {_aicskill = DZMSSkills2;};
        case 3: {_aicskill = DZMSSkills3;};
    };

{
        _unit setSkill [(_x select 0),(_x select 1)]
    } forEach _aicskill;

So maybe the skills are bugged

Well I think so, I just come back from a little test with these values:

DZMSSkills0 = [
["aimingAccuracy",0.001,0.002],
["aimingShake",0.001,0.002],
["aimingSpeed",0.001,0.002],
["endurance",0.001,0.002],
["spotDistance",0.001,0.002],
["spotTime",0.001,0.002],
["courage",0.001,0.002],
["reloadSpeed",0.001,0.002],
["commanding",0.001,0.002],
["general",0.001,0.002]
];

It didn't work at all, just took a bullet in the head from 250 meters, at the first shot :p.

But now, the loots are fixed and I understand how it works, thank you for the fast answers =D

Is anyone still having problems with the AI running like 300-500 meters away from the mission and not coming back.. I am and I dont know how to fix it.

They may have to do with their courage rating. Try rasining it and they probably will stan their ground more often.

is there a way to turn the C130 crash into a working flyable C130 that players can secure and sell... as well as configure it from scratch & a like mission for an MV22? Im sure there is, im just wondering if anyone has some basic knowledge on it that doesnt mind sharing or know of a thread with such info.

is there a way to turn the C130 crash into a working flyable C130 that players can secure and sell... as well as configure it from scratch & a like mission for an MV22? Im sure there is, im just wondering if anyone has some basic knowledge on it that doesnt mind sharing or know of a thread with such info.

Find In dayz_server\DZMS\Missions\Major\EM1.sqf
Code:
_veh1 = ["small"] call DZMSGetVeh;

Replace with:
Code:
_veh1 = ["C130J"]

Not working

Last edited:
i managed to get mv22 spawning at the Nato weapons cache. Ill mess with it some more. want to configure the c130 to spawn at nwaf in random locations eventually.

Back