[Support] ESS

The "Click here to spawn at your base:" and "Base" buttons should be hidden automatically if your playerUID is not in the donorListBase array in your config. If they are showing for everyone there may be a problem.

If you want to remove all the base stuff just so there is no extra code running, in addition to removing the buttons from spawn.hpp (Napf version):

Delete this block in spawn.sqf:
Code:
if (ctrlVisible 1001) then {
       _donorUID = (getPlayerUID player);
       {if (_donorUID == _x) then {_donorBase = _forEachIndex;};} forEach donorListBase;
       locArray = locArray+[[(donorListBases select _donorBase)]];
     };

Delete this line too:
Code:
if !(ctrlVisible 1616) then {ctrlShow [1001,false];};

Find this line:
Code:
if (statusSelect == 0) then {_i="createDialog";createDialog "spawn_dialog";if !((getPlayerUID player) in donorListBase) then {ctrlShow [1001,false];ctrlShow [1616,false];};call _bodyCheck;};

Replace with:
Code:
if (statusSelect == 0) then {_i="createDialog";createDialog "spawn_dialog";call _bodyCheck;};

Lastly, remove this block from spawn.sqf too:
Code:
if (spawnSelect == 40) exitWith {
   _donorUID = (getPlayerUID player);
   {if (_donorUID == _x) then {_donorBase = _forEachIndex;};} forEach donorListBase;
   _position = donorListBases select _donorBase;
   if (haloSelect == 1) then {player setPosATL [_position select 0,_position select 1,2000];[player,2000] spawn BIS_fnc_halo;} else {player setPosATL _position;};
};

Thanks will make those changes. I didn't have any playerUID's listed in the config and still saw the "Base" button. When I clicked on it, I got moved into the ocean far south of Napf island.

Halo drop - I also experienced what someone else mentioned earlier, where you'd float there and not lose any altitude. Not sure if this is from your script though, since some of my players were reporting beforehand that Halo failed to work altogether (before ESS was installed). It's weird, some almost never get Halo, but it works perfectly for others. Maybe it's an Epoch issue? Due to this, I've disabled the Halo button selection temporarily.

ebay,

Maybe this is the issue with my server:

It's an Overpoch server and I do not have this line from Step 8:

Code:
"    if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

and I do not know where to find the createvehicle.txt to add the line in step 8 :(

zkirby
It's in the battle eye folder

Yeah, that shouldn't happen with the bases. Are you using the 6/12 or newer version? I will test Napf some more and see if I can reproduce.

@js2k6 is reporting the same thing and I think he is also using Napf. I'm pretty sure there is a problem with the debug position on Napf that the default antiTP doesn't like. I noticed the same thing while I was testing. There may be two different debug positions on Napf. I will have to test to see if I can fix. For now disabling the default antiTP should fix.

Currently have the 6/12 version installed, will update tonight and see what happens. I had the Epoch antihack disabled, and anti-teleport enabled in 330c.

This is how i did it:
in the spawn.sqf after the (2x)
Code:
spawn BIS_fnc_halo;
i called the altimeter.sqf
Code:
    if (haloSelect == 1) then {player setPosATL [_position select 0,_position select 1,2000];[player,2000] spawn BIS_fnc_halo;_nul = [] execVM "pathto\altimeter.sqf";} else {player setPosATL _position;};

and this is my altimeter.sqf:
Code:
sleep 5;
_myalt = getPos player select 2;
_myalt = round(_myalt);
//debug start
diag_log(format["ALTIMETER STARTED: %1m ", _myalt]);
while {(_myalt) > 0} do {
// Display my altitude text.
_myalt = getPos player select 2;
_myalt = round(_myalt);
titleText [("                                      ALTITUDE: " + str _myalt + "\n\n                                      Scroll ""mouse"" select Open Chute"), "PLAIN DOWN", 0.1];
};
//delete the chute
if ((_myalt) > 0) then {
deleteVehicle "ParachuteC";
};
//debug Stop
//diag_log(format["ALTIMETER STOPPED: %1m ", _myalt]);

Great little patch but only seems to delete them client side, is there any way to delete them server side ?

Jonas

No Problem :D Glad I could point it out.

I have been using it just as a spawn selector. but I ran into something else.
I have an issue when i respawn a second time like half the map buttons are gone.

Example. I just spawned at Devil's Castle and then got killed. I respawn I can no longer spawn at Devils or any where near there.
Is this planned or is there a problem?

hey ebay, this script if fantastic, let me sat thanks.
Anyhoo, im posting here to try and get some help for an idea I have. I want to be able to set a custom audio .ogg to play on a players spawn (which is easy enough) but I want which file plays to be dependent on which class the player chooses
e.g.
player chooses to play bandit class -- server plays Bandit.ogg on spawn selection
player chooses to play hero class -- server play Hero.ogg on spawn instead of Bandit.ogg

any ideas how to make this happen? I would really appreciate the help! Thanks again for the codez

Hey guys ive been playing around with this for a few days now but i'm stuck and need some help :(
is there a way to set spawns bas on their humanity ?? So if you have a 5000+ humanity you could spawn to the north more. This is what im trying to make happen.

Can this be done and if so how do i do it ?? Would love some help on this on :)

Hey ;)
I have tested it on my se rver but when i join i cant not select a class ;/
I cant find any errors
pls Help :)

Hey ;)
I have tested it on my se rver but when i join i cant not select a class ;/
I cant find any errors
pls Help :)

How can we help you if you dont supply us with information on what you customized, Double checked installation steps or any other info.

Back