The 'What would you like to see' thread?

Being able to drag or carry corpses (and even better the unconscious, 'cause that way the meat stays fresh by itself!) would really add something to the temptation of cannibalism that is a distinction of 2017.

Especially if you could stuff them in the trunk of your car haha.

I think getting rid of "hide corpse" would go along with that pretty nicely too, trying to hide corpses by dragging them somewhere out of the way seems better, gives you a funner kind of forensics investigation when you come across the work of another player.

Being able to handcuff people might lead to interesting stuff too (daring escapes, hero points for somebody setting you free, etc.).

Stuff never occurred to me until I played 2017 and felt its awesome vibe of starvation and the questionable eating habits of the other players, it is great fun (and btw the skins and models are fantastic, no doubt).

I actually like the idea about hiding the bodies being removed and that you actually have to move the bodies yourself. I'm not sure if the handcuff thing would work... I'll ask the developers... I'm not 100% sure if it can be implemented.

Meh I was just trying to think of something weird enough to give you better ideas haha.

The other thing you guys could go for is more vehicle-centric things, 'cause 2017 is also the most Road Warrior.

Like a more complicated repair system (fanbelts and nitrous injectors as loot), or (at the other extreme) making the vehicles more rugged and tougher and common so you'd see more people ramming into each other or trying to mow down people on foot (instead of treating them like something precious), fights over a gas supply at refineries, I dunno, you got the coolest looking vehicles too.

:BIG EDIT look at crafting and base building near the bottom , and also the RPG suggestion.

Id love too see a revamped Medical system, Say for e.g You can have Heavy bleeding,medium bleeding,low bleeding.
Typical zombie attack will cause low bleeding chance.
A shot from a pistol - Medium bleeding chance.
A shot from a large rifle, Mosin nagant, crossbow , assault rifle Heavy bleeding.
Heavy bleeding should take away , 600 per sec blood. Giving a player 2 minutes to bandage or bleed out and die.
Ontop of standard damage values this should increase the lethality of a lot of weapons ( paticulary crossbow ) if you got hit by a crossbow that bolt is gonna go straight through you, ripping apart organs , blood vessels, arteries. Your gonna be in a mess, Making crossbows a more attractive noob weapon.

Would really like too see more variation on Mellee weapons too
Machetes.
Knifes.

Also think blood bags should heal a lot less, 6k at most. ( and cap how much damage can be healed by blood bags) E.g using 1 blood bag on someone heals 6k, using it again heals nothing

Also a Rusty RPG would be in place, lets face it the Russian military would be stacked with RPGS , and there not very practical for a survivor, so adding it would make some more variety, and wouldnt be overpowered (Player has to sacrifice his backpack too take the RPG, and only add anti tank rounds , this means that you pritty much have to get a direct hit with the RPG too kill a player), also if the tank came along it would make the status quo, instead of hiding/logging out.

Would love a modified post apocalyptic crossbow. Maybe buff the damage a bit 2-3k increase damage.
And ADD A QUIVER BACKPACK :D.
Which brings me onto another point.
CRAFTING
in a apocalyptic situation supplies are limited, meaning people are gonna make do, and try to make what they can.
So in order to make things you need a crafting bench , which has to be created and is static.
( this could tie into base building ).

Possible items that can be crafted. ( Materials posted under each item)
Post Apocalyptic Crossbow.
3 Wood piles, old wiring, handle , crossbow blueprint.
Steel bolts (Comes in 3 bolts per construction)
Scrap metal , 1 Wood pile
Explosive bolts. (Small ammount of explosive damage , and not much radius , definite knockout and major damage if you hit near someone with it)
1 Wood pile , 1 Scrap metal , 2 TNT. You would get 2 Bolts out of this.
Molotov.
Whiskey(Rare loot,can also be used as a painkiller but blurrs vision),rag,lighter.

(
)
Apocalyptic Improvisation Shotgun
3 Wood piles, copper tubing (Rare loot) , 3 stacks of 2 round pellets. (Cannot reload).
Throwing knifes.
3 scrap metal, handle
Knifes/blades.
1-2scrap metal , handle.
Shields-But these should be retextured to a bin lid or a sheet of metal to fit with the apocalyptic setting. (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12139)
4 scrap metal, old wiring.
TNT (Rare Military Blueprint) - This would make a status quo with the tank , making it possible to destroy , or using TNT as a practical application to kill players.
Make the required materials too construct very rare, (Fleshing out the public loot lists)
Bleachx6
Old Wiringx2
Watch

Medical Trauma kit (Rare Medical Blueprint) - A health kit that restores 4k blood , doesnt require anyone nearby. Materials too make this kit are rare.
Cars (?) - If this was implemented the only way it would work is if it had a very very very very demanding list of resources required too construct the car. Too stop clans etc mass producing vehicles. An idea too stop this is make a blueprint drop 0.1% spawn chance in industrial buildings. So ontop of needing to find the blueprint, you also have to produce a very very demanding set of materials to make such a vehicle.

E.g 40 Scrap metal , 1 engine part,4 Wheels.

This would give industrial spawns a more attractive loot value, as people will try to loot industrial areas instead too get Steel, scrap metal, various other crafting tools. Instead of just looting industrial buildings when theyre fixing cars.

Darker atmosphere.
I think this is the most important point ill make in this point as its relatively easy to implement, and has such a major effect on gameplay.
Ill let the links speak for themselves
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13101

Also adding a darker pallete on top of this really will make players think there living in hell. (Which they are : ) )
Interesting link
Possible Rifle attack?
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8418

Base Building:
Base building should be the new major endgame, the only endgame content for Dayz are vehicles.
If we have the ability to pimp out a base , this will be my new endgame.
Should be able to craft lots of aesthetic things. Alongside defences.

Aesthetic ideas.
Crafting bench.
Spike with head on the end of it ( Cannibal )
Small enterable tents
Small crates ( Which you can put stuff in )
Sheds
Towers
Walls
Central H.Q ( A large tent which requires a rare blueprint that can only be used once to stop exploitment, from this tent you can recruit AI soldiers to protect your base)
Car Shed , to park and make cars in.
Tables
Chairs
ETC ETC.

Also to protect bases while people are away , it would be cool if you could recruit 1-2 Ai soldiers that can protect your base while your gone.
This would deterr people base raiding and make it a bit of a challenge.
To recruit these AI you have too feed them, supply them with weapons, and somewhere too stay.
The food cost can be 3 food items every day. ( quite expensive) And if the changes to animal spawns will go ahead will make it as hard as it should be.
Limits: The AI Soldiers can go no further than 50 metres away from the central base piece.
The ai should use the built in Arma 2 Squad function, too assign people you want them not too shoot , and add them into your squad. This way you can also command them too pick up the items that you want.
( they should spawn at first, unarmed until you order them too get the gear, in the squad menu this would be 0-6 then whatever action says pick up double barreled shotgun).
The ai are very easy to kill in Arma 2 as there not very smart, so this wont make these ai soldiers overpowered, especially if they cannot stray far from the base.

loving these idea's, not too sure on the AI guards for bases as AI can be WAY overpowered sometimes and are quite buggy IMO. as shin has said in another post base building with corrugated iron/wrecks is a possibility (correct me if i'm wrong) and would love to see it implemented into 2017, maybe with the wrecks you could hook them up to the back of vehicles to transport them to your base area? kinda like how it works on wasteland mod.

How about a "piece of robe", so you could tie people up for a random amount of time (30 secs - 3 mins maybe?)?
Possible loot spawn could be barns and maybe dearstands, but i dont know if Arma has an actual robe model, let alone a piece of robe heh.

Just get people to surrender and then go tie them up and rob them, leaving them there for x mins. The randomness could simulate peoples skills to tie and untie robes and it wouldnt make you feel safe, as the guy could get the robes off in 1 or 3 mins.

Its yet another element to bring more then just "shoot the first guy you see", and it would make robbing people more fun, even for the guy getting robbed :)
I think its important to get more features to "take peoples stuff without killing them", to get closer to the player interation mindset, rather then the player versus player mindset thats going around now heh.
And i think 2017 is one of the mods, thats best at bringing the player interaction elements into the game, most other just focus on more ways to kill people rather then making it harder to survive and bring more elements in.

What do you guys think?

I would really like to see this mod on a different map, and also some rusted out Ural's would be awesome, Also tents that hold more then 25 items...maybe 50 items like the other tents

I would really like to see this mod on a different map, and also some rusted out Ural's would be awesome, Also tents that hold more then 25 items...maybe 50 items like the other tents
We did have a guy working on creating a rusty Ural but to no avail as the person lost interest and went on to work on his own server. I think i'll pick that up and create the new rusty look for the Ural and get that implemented for you and other players who want it. Thanks for that buddy :)

I. Darker atmosphere; reskin trees and grass to look more dead (more gray) and little to no sunlight (like "The Road")

II. Make temperature more of a factor the further north you go.

I really enjoy this version of DayZ, keep up the good work.

Now, I don't know to much about future updates, and im just getting involved with this site, but I would love to see..

1. Some sort of housing or camp building, I know theres base building coming but i find base building is to big, over tge top, from what ive seen in other DayZ Mods (hard to explain..), but i liked the garage idea from Origins (though i hate origins)
2. A little less animal spawns.
3. Loading Bodies into cars, that way if you dont have time to loot a corpse in a tense situation, or if your a cannibal (similar i know has been mentioned) it would be a way you can transport the body.
4. I dont know if this has been mentioned, but maybe vehicle customization a little bit. IF its possible, take the siding off the windows and actually have to crafts it yourself sort of thing, or just anything. (Just an idea)
5. Make it colder further north (Like "Father" said ^) (Would be really neat with the namalsk 2017 coming)
6. SOME sort of safe area maybe, like near lake Prud, such as a medical base (maybe not medical because of 2017) but where people have things stored and you can trade with each other.
7. Worn down AK model weapons (it is Chernarus and there I would presume be more AK's then american made weapons.)
8. Arrow Quivers
9. And idk how people would feel about it, but get rid of humanity maybe.. That way theres less chance of knowing who is good or bad. And just have lootable skins. So if i am the guy with the helmet i can pick up a different skin varient or something along those lines.

Thanks for reading, dont know how many of these have been suggested, but just wanted to put some stuff i would like to see!
-Nick

I think what I would most like to see in 2017 is a real emphasis on the wild living/adventuring.

. I would like to see an option to boil water.
. When sleeping in tents it's a bit rubbish, you just sit around on the floor.
. When walking for a long time you should have to stop and rest, sit for a few minutes
. Bring back the Enfield and Revovlver, not sure why they were taken away? :(

I think what I would most like to see in 2017 is a real emphasis on the wild living/adventuring.

. When walking for a long time you should have to stop and rest, sit for a few minutes

I agree those alot! Boiling water and the wild life sort of living. Building a realistic sized camp in the wilds away from whats left of civilization.

• Boil water will be added in the next update, since we're updating to DayZ 1.7.6.
  • Doing it in a different manner would require new animations which are a ton of work, and not worth it for the visual aspect.
  • You already kind of do, the weight system takes care of that mostly.
  • The guns are too powerful.

9. And idk how people would feel about it, but get rid of humanity maybe.. That way theres less chance of knowing who is good or bad. And just have lootable skins. So if i am the guy with the helmet i can pick up a different skin varient or something along those lines.

If done in ArmA2 it will take months..... however if you want this you're going to have to play the ArmA3 2017 ;) cant say much more than that.

If done in ArmA2 it will take months..... however if you want this you're going to have to play the ArmA3 2017 ;) cant say much more than that.

My mind just exploded.

Oh man ;D i wanna test this then.. or hopefully it doesnt take to long to get released xD

We're working very hard on it :) Of course we want to round up DayZ 2017 first, but expect your best mod experience yet with 2017 ArmA3. (disclaimer: you may not experience this yet while it is in alpha stage ;))

So while i've been playing for the past couple of days, a number of ideas has popped up that i thought could be some nice additions to this mod. Im a sucker for variety so most of the ideas are just stuff to add.

Dull Knife - I often find myself dying due to not being able to find a hunting knife in time, and i seem to find pistols and rifles more often. So i got the idea of adding a dull knife of some sort, which should work as an inferior version of the hunting knife. Maybe only giving half the meat a regular hunting knife would produce when skinning, maybe with a % chance of breaking or something else entirely to indicate its inferiority.

Extract Blood - This would add the ability to extract blood from one survivor and thereby make a bloodbag, this would be pretty epic when you're playing with others and they're near death and youre on full, giving you the opportunity to give some of yours to your mate. Maybe adding a couple of different blood types would make this a bit harder to achieve. Also the bloodbag should not heal to full health, but only give the same amount as was taken.

Custom Medic Supplies - Adding cloth of some kind and combining it with a pile of wood could make a bandage for instance or maybe even work the same way morphine does.

More old Weapons - For instance, i tried dayz origins once and found a ppsh-41, it could only fire automatically and had awfull accuracy, a downright horrible gun to be honest, so maybe it could fit in in 2017? It looked old and was used by some militarys that also used the mosin-nagant. And seeing as it would still be far worse than the custom m16 it might not be too OP ?
I would love to have more guns that aren't OP and wouldn't fit the theme of the mod. Over the time i spent in different dayz mods i've encountered quite many that i think might fit 2017 very well.

Now i have absolutely no idea what it would take to implement any of these things, so it's nothing more than a bunch of random ideas, but i hope you find them to be interesting and possible :)

Back