[Tutorial] Snow added to Dynamic Weather

I wouldn't reccommend a repack as you learn nothing about putting the server together yourself, and you get a lot of mods installed that may not interest you.

yeah I guess you are right ......
Yea his repack looks pretty cool, but if you're still learning the basics, it's more fun to actually go through the process yourself. Also, if something goes wrong , you wont know how to fix it.
For example , I use vilayer as my server provider. Once upon a time, vilayer offered 1 click install on select mods via the control panel. You want self blood bag? No problem, click install, and it did all the work for you. This was really neat until dayz updated the mod, and these one click installs no longer worked. Up until that point, I had never manually installed a mod before and had no idea how to. So while it's nice to have all the work done for you, you learn nothing which can come back to haunt you later on.

yea I see the point you two are making ... having to reinstall some stuff, from chernarus to lingor and now twice on namalsk gave me some insight .... so I will keep trying to get my stuff put on there and if something goes wrong I always have a step saved to backtrack to.... beside the fact that there are always nice and helpful folks like you guys there to help out.

Sorry for bumping this thread but i am trying to do something similar and you guys are the only ones with knowledge on the subject.
If i want to spawn some particles from the server side...how can i make them 'show' to clients ? I am trying to spawn some particles above tents, like fireflies but although it works fine on the editor, of course it didnt when i added the script in the dayz_server.pbo.

Even a small 'hack' would do just fine....like setVariable "particle" on the tents i want, and then somehow on the mission.pbo make a while (alive tent) for ALL tents that have this value to execVM the particle script.

Sorry for bumping this thread but i am trying to do something similar and you guys are the only ones with knowledge on the subject.
If i want to spawn some particles from the server side...how can i make them 'show' to clients ? I am trying to spawn some particles above tents, like fireflies but although it works fine on the editor, of course it didnt when i added the script in the dayz_server.pbo.

Even a small 'hack' would do just fine....like setVariable "particle" on the tents i want, and then somehow on the mission.pbo make a while (alive tent) for ALL tents that have this value to execVM the particle script.
cool idea good luck!

I have a question which shouldn't require me starting a new thread. Is it possible the dynamic weather script could throw off the server in-game time?

My HiveExt is set to -6 (for Central Time, US), and if I set the HiveExt to local, it actually pushes the time 5 or 6 hours ahead (which is weird because my server is located in Kansas City, Mo).

Basically, if I log in to my server at 7:15pm, my character in-game watch should reflect 7:15pm.

I have a question which shouldn't require me starting a new thread. Is it possible the dynamic weather script could throw off the server in-game time?

My HiveExt is set to -6 (for Central Time, US), and if I set the HiveExt to local, it actually pushes the time 5 or 6 hours ahead (which is weird because my server is located in Kansas City, Mo).

Basically, if I log in to my server at 7:15pm, my character in-game watch should reflect 7:15pm.
I don't remember it doing anything like that for me... sorry I can't be more helpful. IDK if vampire gets on opendayz.net anymore, I know he's not very active in the dayz community any longer

As far as i can recall the dynamic weather shouldn't affect your server time. You may have changed something in your server files. Also if you provided a bit more info it may be easier to narrow down.

I believe as long as you use the proper create particle command and use

if (!isDedicated) then {

}

I think! that is how it is. Anyway if you run it globally or per client then it should work just fine. The only problem i found is trying to get the right color, size and similar attributes.

global is without the if (something) then {

client is if (!isDedicated) then {

server is if (isDedicated) then {

I THINK these are right but you get the idea. Global works best i find.

Does anyone get it where it's cold even when it's not snowing?
Unless you have altered your player temp variables or the player temp compile file then the cold is normal. Adding snow just creates particles on the screen. To make the snow affect players with cold weather you need to override the correct compile.

Does anyone know is this can cause lag on the server.?

My antihack is giving me TP warnings for a few meters or some players and some reported that they have like a ‘rubber ban’ effect, running and when they stop they go a few meter back from where they stopped.

Have started after we added snow, but not sure it the two things are related.

Does anyone know is this can cause lag on the server.?

My antihack is giving me TP warnings for a few meters or some players and some reported that they have like a ‘rubber ban’ effect, running and when they stop they go a few meter back from where they stopped.

Have started after we added snow, but not sure it the two things are related.

I didn't see it on my server but from what I understand it can increase load a bit, I was of the impression it was more for the clients but since the server is running it and transmitting information about it to all connected parties I assume it could increase load.

Just a quick update in case anyone else gets this issue. I removed the snow :( – and the problems are gone. So it is doing something, but since I can't program / read code I’ll just leave it at that.

okey i have this same problem also..

its like a hurricane. trees are waving badly from left to right.
and it keeps on going wurse every min till they are vertical.

Update FIX:

if you follow the tutorial it tells you to chance the line for the dynamicweathereffects.sqf
if you do this into yoru compiles file then make sure you delete the alread existing in your init.sqf
calling as wel the default one and the moderated one causes a hurricane lol

i suggest for epoch users to only chance your init file..

Hello i run a dedicated server and when i follow these directions i get an error saying script weather/dynamicweather.sqf not found once the game loads up. Since im on a dedicated machine do i just use my mpmission folder as my mission.pbo? Or do i need to decompress my mission.pbo and create a weather folder inside it then recompress it?

you do not need to use a pbo mission. you can keep your mission in a folder inside the mpmission folder like this
mpmission\dayz_1.chernarus

So instead of my path being what is below? I guess i should have asked this does work for epoch correct?
//Start Dynamic Weather
execVM"Weather\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

It would be?
//Start Dynamic Weather
execVM "mpmission\dayz_epoch_1.chenaras\Weather\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

Last edited:
Back