Vanilla DayZ 2017 Weapons/Items ?

Dracallis

*Updated 4/12/13 - Please note this is for DayZ 2017 Ver 1.1 !

Hi guys,

Just wandering if anyone could point me to or post a list of vanilla legal weapons that should spawn in unmodified DayZ 2017?

So far this is what I know:

Pistols:
Makarov PM
Revolver

Shotguns:
Double Barrel
Winchester 1866

Rifles:
Lee Enfield
CZ 550

And the Crossbow

I have seen players on my server with a M14 AIM they said they found on a 130 crash site. Does the M14 spawn normally? I've been told no but can't find an official weapons list anywhere.

Also, I am getting reports that players are finding, sometimes invisible, guns that are military like M16s and M4s. They disappear when picked up but sometimes the character is still holding them and can fire the guns with infinite ammo! (also at crash sites / barracks)

One guy last night said he was able to cycle through invisible guns like they were all equipped after trying to pick them up. AK, M16, M14, and Revolver by pressing "F". He had to suicide to get rid of them.

One last thing, do Entrenching Tools or GPS spawn? I doubt GPS would spawn, although the gyrocopters have it and radar, but I've seen people with Entrenching Tools. I don't want to accidentally BAN someone because I am misinformed.

Any info, ideas, or thoughts would be appreciated. ~Thanks

Your list is correct, from what I know.

With the exception of the CZ 550, which Shinkicker has said is removed, but still exist on players that found them before they were removed.

I've found the Entrenching Tool, I don't think GPS' spawn though.

So, the list is:

Pistols:
Makarov PM
Revolver

Shotguns:
Double Barrel
Remington 870 w/ flashlight
Winchester 1866

Rifle:
Lee Enfield

and the Crossbow.

Thanks for this... I was chatting with a server admin about the CZ and the 870 when I started playing on his new server... people seem to think, because the ammo spawns still, the CZ 550 is in the game. And, it looks like he was right about the 870... it is in the game. I didn't know that one.

I'm looking forward to the weapon additions in the next update.

I've always felt that the hatchet should be removed from industrial loot and just kept in the farm buildings. First, it's a strange place to find a hatchet, and since, the only way to clear a hatchet loot pile is to go outside, drop your hatchet and pick the one up in the loot pile... it's a huge pain. Especially when you come across an entire building that is just hatchets.

870 is in the game and has a 2% spawn rate at normal Military, and 7% at the NWAF Barracks. I have one on my server, it was a good day. :D

Also technically speaking, the Winchester 1866 is a Rifle, not a shotgun. It fires a Rimfire .44 Henry, Which is a Bullet.

Here is another question.

Been having players say they keep finding guns like an AKM, M14, M16, ext at Wrecks and Care Packages.

Do Wrecks and Care Packages have modified loot spawns? Or should they be disabled to keep people from getting weapons and items that they would normally never have?

Thanks

Here is another question.

Been having players say they keep finding guns like an AKM, M14, M16, ext at Wrecks and Care Packages.

Do Wrecks and Care Packages have modified loot spawns? Or should they be disabled to keep people from getting weapons and items that they would normally never have?

Thanks

Yeah, those don't spawn there. Unless you (I'm guessing it's your server?) changed that yourself.
Either there's a cheater dropping them there for trolls, or they're cheating and using that as an excuse.

Yeah, those don't spawn there. Unless you (I'm guessing it's your server?) changed that yourself.
Either there's a cheater dropping them there for trolls, or they're cheating and using that as an excuse.

I am not the server owner but I am the only Network Engineer out of all the admins. I am getting better with SQL and I can read mostly all the code and understand it, yet I couldn't find anything so far about what kind of loot should spawn at Wrecks or Care Packages and wouldn't know how to change the loot spawns, no.

So far, every single person that said they "found" an M14 said they were found at either a C130 crash site or a Hummer Wreck site.

Try to have a look at your publicvariables and createvehicle logs, sounds like someone is hacking stuff in.

There should be no C130 crash sites in 2017 :eek:

Is this a dedicated server or gamehost?

I am not the server owner but I am the only Network Engineer out of all the admins. I am getting better with SQL and I can read mostly all the code and understand it, yet I couldn't find anything so far about what kind of loot should spawn at Wrecks or Care Packages and wouldn't know how to change the loot spawns, no.

So far, every single person that said they "found" an M14 said they were found at either a C130 crash site or a Hummer Wreck site.

https://github.com/shinkicker/DayZ-2017-Main/blob/dev/dayz_code/config.cpp

>dayz_code/config.cpp

Not a part of the DB, it's a separate thing.
You need to have access to FTP on your server (or physical access) to change this, unless you get it changed for you via host.

Yeah, I don't see anything in the DayZ code about C130 crash sites, and have yet to find one in game myself, but I don't see them commented out of the code either. I see heli crash sites are commented out, but they still spawn zombies, I've never found loot though.

I have come across 1 Care package before, there was basic loot + Winchester + 16 slot Czech bag (normal DayZ bag, I noticed there is no 2017 equivalent 16 slot bag)

o_O I just read about how DayZ.ST doesn't even offer FTP, and really give people the run around when it comes to getting the files. I may just disable Wrecks and Care Packages completely since I can just do that straight from the control panel.

o_O I just read about how DayZ.ST doesn't even offer FTP, and really give people the run around when it comes to getting the files. I may just disable Wrecks and Care Packages completely since I can just do that straight from the control panel.

I kind of wish hosts would not supply these sorts of things for 2017, it really is the opposite of what the game is about. Its fair enought that people should be able to configure there servers however they want, but players won't know the difference.

I kind of wish hosts would not supply these sorts of things for 2017, it really is the opposite of what the game is about. Its fair enought that people should be able to configure there servers however they want, but players won't know the difference.

Ours is DayZ.ST hosted too, and the only problem I have with not being able to have FTP access is that I have to jump through hoops if I want to do something as simple as turning way-pointing off (Which should be disabled with veteran by default, but it's not).

How much do you guys pay per month?

$30, and we split it between 3 people.
They have nice Hardware and Great bandwidth.
All around it's a good host, but they're lacking features.

I'd have to say my favorite part is the server-map the give you on the CP. Lets you see where everyone is (And where vehicles are), how much blood they have, where they've been (Lines, it's easy to see teleports by long straight lines), and what they have in their inventory. Also lets you spawn vehicles, place vehicle spawnpoints, repair/refuel (For whatever reason you would want to do that for)

That and Easy DB access.

Lack of FTP sucks though

Back