[WORKING] Halo Jump - New/Re-Spawn Only

Has anyone using an antihack ever figured out how to allow normal players to control their decent both before and after the chute is opened? As of now only admins can control their decent, normal players just drift like a normal parachute... often times ending out at sea... thanks

Has anyone actually gone in and changed the direction players are facing? It constantly has you facing south-ish when you're teleported into the air which is quite annoying. I saw this post here
http://opendayz.net/threads/working-halo-jump-new-re-spawn-only.10403/page-11#post-67966
followed by this
http://opendayz.net/threads/working-halo-jump-new-re-spawn-only.10403/page-11#post-67971
but I guess Im still not quite understanding the process. Does someone have an azimuth that gets you facing north/northwest-ish?

My works well on dayz 1.8.0.3 but the server deletes the chute with this error message in RPT:
20:52:07 "Deleting object ParachuteC with invalid ID at pos [1443.89,2109.49,94.0767]"

Does anybody know what it is?

those things can barely be called an anti hack lol. more a hack menu that destroys other players FPS, but yes it is possible to fix, Cant remember how off the top of my head as it was sooooooo long ago, but i remember doing it just before we decided to scrap those hack menus and build our own remote anti hack

those things can barely be called an anti hack lol. more a hack menu that destroys other players FPS, but yes it is possible to fix, Cant remember how off the top of my head as it was sooooooo long ago, but i remember doing it just before we decided to scrap those hack menus and build our own remote anti hack
off the top of your head, is there a way to get players facing inland instead of out to sea, so the newbies don't end up a mile in the ocean crying?

All depends on how it works tbh, and which one your using, you could write your own script to set pos in the air and assign the halo jump command with "addaction" if player altitude (z co-ord) is above 1k, with a direction [180,[232,213,1000]]

[direction,[x co-ord, y co-ord, z co-ord]]

you would have to check the co-ords your player spawns at and do some if commands to say

if x co-ord is below 10k then get pos player, replace the direction to face north, but keep the xy the same, set the z to the height u want

then add into ur self actions the code for adding an action if the player z co-ord is above 1k, this means ur players cud base jump if the building is high enuff and the setting for z c-ord is high enuff

I would also build in a check that if player is below certain height to remove the addaction so halo jump is not always there

I personally however dont have the time to write it up, but there is a brief summary of what is needed if someone with the ability wants to write it up

All depends on how it works tbh, and which one your using, you could write your own script to set pos in the air and assign the halo jump command with "addaction" if player altitude (z co-ord) is above 1k, with a direction [180,[232,213,1000]]

[direction,[x co-ord, y co-ord, z co-ord]]

you would have to check the co-ords your player spawns at and do some if commands to say

if x co-ord is below 10k then get pos player, replace the direction to face north, but keep the xy the same, set the z to the height u want

then add into ur self actions the code for adding an action if the player z co-ord is above 1k, this means ur players cud base jump if the building is high enuff and the setting for z c-ord is high enuff

I would also build in a check that if player is below certain height to remove the addaction so halo jump is not always there

I personally however dont have the time to write it up, but there is a brief summary of what is needed if someone with the ability wants to write it up
Thanks, that goes way beyond my ability but I appreciate your time! I was hoping it was a simply coord change or something haha.

It may well be, I just dont have the time to look through the codes as we encrypt half of em, and move half to server side in an attempt to protect our files from our competitors who just log in and steal the PBO's without asking for permission. If i remember there are two different scripts on here for halo jump on spawn, scroll through the code and look for a command called SetPos or SetPosATL if it has that command written into the code and its not in the mod or arma 2 code itself you will be able to modify it. However you will run into issues when it comes to South Coast and East Coast spawns, thats where you would have to do some if statements to say if its an east spawn set direction to this, else set the direction to this

You could just open up the playerFSM, and change the spawn locations for the spawn selection screen, move em more inland, this might be an easier fix

you would however then need to call for the new fsm in your init.sqf

Thanks man ill see what i can do. Thats a shame you guys have to do go to those lengths. Your server is a good time and i frequent it when im sick of administrating mine. I especially like the random spawn gear ive searched for that on the forums but to no avail! Do you ever play on your server these days?

I am using option 2 in my server and for some players it is working and for some players it doesn't halo jump until they change clothes. Is there a way to fix this issue?

I am having the same issue with Tokinherb here. Thought he may have something to do with being a hero or bandit.
Im running a epoch panthera server by dayz.st

I am using option 2 in my server and for some players it is working and for some players it doesn't halo jump until they change clothes. Is there a way to fix this issue?

same things happens on my server... players change clothes then start falling from the sky

Back