Airdrop script (WIP) need a bit of help ...

Tell me about it, i haven't even played on any dayz server but my own which i have battleye disabled cause i do not trust it, cause of stuff like this.

You want to post your code to share it? I'm fairly interested.

i just woke up again now, but i might need a few more hours sleep before im all fresh ... it seems i did not make too many mistakes, tho.
i have been calling in quite a bunch of airdrops by now, and no errors so far (except for some moaning about the food/medbox0 content, i guess ill have to define a few boxes with content or something idk) ... anyways im guessing later today maybe, if i dont run into any unepectet errors :)

it seems the epoch version might need a bit more work tho

Speaking of Epoch, will you be making a side version of this that simply parachutes in the supply drops that randomly spawn around the map like mass graves and heli crashes do. Would be pretty sweet to see one of those supply drops just parachuting down out the back of a c130 or something :D

i would love to use the c130 for this ... but unfortunatly i think its banned in overwatch mod, for now im using "MV22_DZ","CH_47F_EP1","BAF_Merlin_DZ","An2_TK_EP1","MV22" ... mv22 twice with diffrent classnames to have a higher chance of the mv22 to come in (didnt know if it was allowed to just use same name twice before bis_fnc_selectrandom)

but you could just change the classnames to be anything really ... theoreticly i could make land routes and add in urals aswell, but idk if ai will follow the roads then.

as for epoch specific, i belive vampire is trying to port it to epoch as we speak, it seems theres some diffrent stuff going on in the scripts there tho, if he dosnt finish it i might take a look at it at some point.
I will post a link to the scripts later today tho and you can have a go youreself if you want

The C130 isn't banned from epoch, so it's possible. But tying in the supply drops to this doesn't really make sense.
It should be made as a separate mod.

question ... i know its not possible to remove just one weapon in a crate (testet and failed multiple times with this), but can i read the content and then remove some, before putting it back in?

(isnt it actually doing this in the server scripts for tents already?)

im thinking i really dont want m107/ksvk to be flooding my server, but i kinda do want to use the boxes they are in ...

its not possible to remove a single weapon from a crate afaik ... i have been searching far and wide and tryed all types of diffrent methods (foreach and what not) ... nothing works!

i can clearmagazine or i can add to it ... but not remve single weapons

i will need to read content somehow and specify what i dont want it to put back in it :(

You could pull the contents into an array, not sure how...
Then remove from the array anything that matches the class in the filter, and then foreach them back into the cargo.

made a small edit to the actual airdrop script ... i added admin overide and optional "combat check" (instead of it beeing commentet out)
however this is very annoying and its practically impossible to call in an airdrop if you are with a friend thats close to you.

anyways i cannot decide yet if the admin overide should overide countdown completly or just be a diffrent menu in the end?

will release it later, when i decided and packed it up nicely

as in they dont need to wait for the count down ... but i think ill just add it as a diffrent menu in the end with admin drop and atillery

edit:
heres for everyone who wants to try this out:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8fUlKbv9mi2OUNydTh6Q3Mzczg/edit?usp=sharing

do not forget that this is still very overwatch specific for now, you might have to adjust it for other mods, but i can and i will eventually change it to be more versatile.

last but not least

read the read.me pls

minor mistake fix: change flyinhight to about 125 on the first one and the next one to 150 for the drop to look more even, or the chopper/plane will be a bit off and over the drop when it drops
also im still playing around with the speed a bit, while i do want my players to get theire drop fast, i still want the other players to actually have a chance to take them down as they come in.

setting speed much above 165-175 will pretty much make this impossible.

another minor mistake fix, since i had it pointing towards my admin tools for easy override testing and such ... now it should all be pointing towards scripts folder

sorry about that :oops:

have fun ;)

questions:
what will happend to a player executet script if the player dies?
(scenario:
guy calls in drop but gets killed and respawns before the plane/chopper does the actual drop, will the chopper/plane still do the drop then or is the script terminatet then?)

im thinking if i could call the boxes and planes from the server, maybe that would be a better way to do this? (if possible?)

also that way i could do a diag_log to server to see who called it in, where and what happend in case someone complaint about a drop not happending

Just one thing,
_HasTronics = "equip_scrapelectronics" in magazines player;

EPOCH don't have it.. where can i get or can I configure it with something else

you can basicly change that to whatever you want ... you will also need to change some other stuff like the boxes and the filter for the cars or it will drop a kord sometimes aswell

also the admin drop will be bugged in epoch, becourse it will load all keys into the box ... i will have to find a way to except the keys in that or it pretty much wont contain anything else but keys

i am actually currently starting a epoch tavi test server just to check it out ... i will make an tavi epoch update when im done fooling around with this

can someone tell me if theres a main classname for keys like maybe "key_base" or something like that?

I've gone through the cars that drop, and the aircraft that actually drop it as well.. didnt look at the boxes much tbh.. onto that now

Bags

I'm using Kostey's Notebook for my Epoch server.
Code:
_HasNotes = player hasWeapon "Kostey_notebook";

if(_HasNotes) then {
    player removeWeapon "Kostey_notebook";

for example. Then I've added the notebook to some of my side mission crates.

Since it's an epoch server my players have been using the notebook to roll for an expensive vehicle they can sell.

Hey Vampire, can you pm the folder with your working one mate, i keep getting
Script admintools\tools\the_box_car.sqf

or something similar...get it to work, but nothing happens after clicking the map... I've seen yours working.. I logged into you server the other day.. As you were calling an artillery strike...lmao

Bags
If you would be so kind anyway mate.. nps if you don't..

Back