Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

Np dude you guys do a great job with anti hack support was the least I could do, pm me or hop on my TS if you have any other problems.

If you could put a mag of MK48 ammo into a concrete wall and confirm it's still destroying it that would be helpful. Want to check its not kikyous modifications which I recently merged which are causing one of my current problems. I forgot to backup my old pbos...

I am not running Kikyous mod to BB and confirmed I was able to hatchet down the wall of a base.

I had the publicvariable exclusion that way, but was getting kicked on #0, so I added the line and started getting kicked on line #1 (wasn't sure if I was making progress...) I added the setvariable. exclusions. Here's what I have added to that file, did I screw up some up? I'm getting kicked for #0 again now and

Code:
5 !="Code" !="code" !="inMotion" !"USEC_" !"NORRN_" !"hit_" !="agentObjectCamps" !="agentObjectSwarm" !="banditKills" !="bodyName" !="characterID" !="claimed" !="combattimeout" !="deathType" !="fadeFire" !="firedDamage" !="firedHit" !="freeTarget" !="headShots" !="humanity" !="humanKills" !="lastPos" !="LastTransfusion" !="lastUpdate" !="looted" !="meatHarvested" !="medForceUpdate" !="messing" !="needUpdate" !="ObjectID" !="ObjectUID" !="owner" !="posForceUpdate" !="selectSex" !="startcombattimer" !="state" !="targets" !="temperature" !="unconsciousTime" !="updatePlayer" !="zombieKills" !="zombieSpawn"

5 "USEC_" !="USEC_BloodQty" !="USEC_infected" !="USEC_injured" !="USEC_inPain" !="USEC_isCardiac" !="USEC_isDead" !="USEC_lowBlood"

5 "NORRN_" !="NORRN_LoadVcl" !="NORRN_unconscious" !="NORRN_unit_dragged"

//1="USEC_BloodQty"
//1="USEC_infected"
1="USEC_injured"
//1="USEC_inPain"
//1="USEC_isCardiac"
1="USEC_isDead"
//1="USEC_lowBlood"

//1="NORRN_LoadVcl"
//1="NORRN_unconscious"
//1="NORRN_unit_dragged"

////////////////////////// Bleeding Limbs:
1="hit_Pelvis"
1="hit_aimpoint"
1="hit_lelbow"
1="hit_relbow"
1="hit_RightFoot"
1="hit_LeftFoot"
1="hit_neck"
1="hit_pilot"

////////////////////////// Breaking Limbs:
1="hit_hands"
1="hit_legs"

////////////////////////// Damageable vehicle parts:
//1="hit_elektronika"
//1="hit_engine"
//1="hit_fueltank"
//1="hit_glass1"
//1="hit_glass2"
//1="hit_glass3"
//1="hit_glass4"
//1="hit_glass5"
//1="hit_glass6"
//1="hit_karoserie"
//1="hit_l svetlo"
//1="hit_mala vrtule"
//1="hit_motor"
//1="hit_munice"
//1="hit_netrup"
//1="hit_palivo"
//1="hit_pravy predni tlumic"
//1="hit_pravy zadni tlumic"
//1="hit_p svetlo"
//1="hit_sklo predni l"
//1="hit_sklo predni p"
//1="hit_svetlo l"
//1="hit_telo" // ancient plane AN2
//1="hit_velka vrtule"
//1="hit_wheel_1_1_steering"
//1="hit_wheel_1_2_steering"
//1="hit_wheel_1_3_steering"
//1="hit_wheel_1_4_steering"
//1="hit_wheel_1_damper"
//1="hit_wheel_2_1_steering"
//1="hit_wheel_2_2_steering"
//1="hit_wheel_2_3_steering"
//1="hit_wheel_2_4_steering"
//1="hit_wheel_2_damper"

1="agentObjectCamps"
1="agentObjectSwarm"
1="banditKills"
1="bodyName"
1="characterID"
1="claimed"
1="combattimeout"
1="deathType"
1="fadeFire"
1="firedDamage"
1="firedHit"
1="freeTarget"
1="headShots"
1="humanity"
1="humanKills"
1="lastPos" // sometimes networked, sometimes not ???
1="LastTransfusion"
1="lastUpdate" // sometimes networked, sometimes not ???
//1="looted"
1="meatHarvested"
//1="medForceUpdate" // sometimes networked, sometimes not ???
//1="messing"
1="needUpdate"
1="ObjectID"
1="ObjectUID"
1="owner"
//1="posForceUpdate"
1="selectSex"
//1="startcombattimer"
1="state"
//1="targets"
//1="temperature"
//1="unconsciousTime"
1="updatePlayer"
1="zombieKills"
//1="zombieSpawn"

/////////////////////////// Illegal chars:
5 "+"
5 ";"
5 ","
5 "{"
5 "("
5 "["
5 "|"
5 "&"
5 "="
5 ":"
5 "!"
5 "%"
5 "\""
5 "'"

What is the kick for setvariable or publicvariable?

I am not running Kikyous mod to BB and confirmed I was able to hatchet down the wall of a base.

Thanks I tried a few workarounds in a couple of files tonight with no joy so far, gonna try more debugging tomorrow. I also can't figure out why the "Code" variable is not being set after restart, are you also seeing that problem? Where you can't open things by code after restart...

Np dude you guys do a great job with anti hack support was the least I could do, pm me or hop on my TS if you have any other problems.

If you could put a mag of MK48 ammo into a concrete wall and confirm it's still destroying it that would be helpful. Want to check its not kikyous modifications which I recently merged which are causing one of my current problems. I forgot to backup my old pbos...

at the risk of sounding dense, how do you put a mag into a concrete wall? Just drop it while you're hugging the wall or something?

I can try hatcheting if you'd like haha

at the risk of sounding dense, how do you put a mag into a concrete wall? Just drop it while you're hugging the wall or something?

I can try hatcheting if you'd like haha

Just shoot it after about 60 bullets or so it usually is destroyed for me, satchel charges also work well ;)

Thanks I tried a few workarounds in a couple of files tonight with no joy so far, gonna try more debugging tomorrow. I also can't figure out why the "Code" variable is not being set after restart, are you also seeing that problem? Where you can't open things by code after restart...

I was able to open things by code prior to 1.7.7/1.7.7.1 - Now the code is accepted, but I get kicked the second I try to operate the gates.

publicvariable #0

thats your setvariable.txt you need the code and inmotion kicks there but those come later. publicvariable or var/val are the ones you need to change for your kick by the sound of it, the kick message will show you where in the code you need to be looking for whatever is triggering the kick...

Need help with database.....

So the script is working fine, no errors. It's just not writing to the database. Do I need to configure something in my deployables?? I have followed the directions exactly.

I am running Lingor 1.3 and I spoke with someone that is running it on his Lingor 1.3 server and the buildings are writing to the database fine. So he sent me his .pbo files and I compared. I even ran his .pbo on my server and it all works fine except for writing to the database.

I could really use some help!!

Ok I just tested it with 3 mags of an mk48, and 4 mags of DMR, the building still remained (some small guard tower that I built).

Even if the building is destroyed im pretty sure it doesnt get removed from the database and respawns on the restart. I crashed a motorcycle into a fort using speedboost to destroy it and it respawned on reboot.

So the script is working fine, no errors. It's just not writing to the database. Do I need to configure something in my deployables?? I have followed the directions exactly.

I am running Lingor 1.3 and I spoke with someone that is running it on his Lingor 1.3 server and the buildings are writing to the database fine. So he sent me his .pbo files and I compared. I even ran his .pbo on my server and it all works fine except for writing to the database.

make sure you did all of this: Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

Even if the building is destroyed im pretty sure it doesnt get removed from the database and respawns on the restart. I crashed a motorcycle into a fort using speedboost to destroy it and it respawned on reboot.

I'm sure seaweed is aware of that, but that's not the point. He doesnt want the walls to be destroyed, otherwise what's the point of having a base if someone's able to hatchet down a wall and take your tents/vehicles parked inside?

I'm sure seaweed is aware of that, but that's not the point. He doesnt want the walls to be destroyed, otherwise what's the point of having a base if someone's able to hatchet down a wall and take your tents/vehicles parked inside?

Oh yeah that is a serious possibility still though if someone hoards toolboxes into a vehicle and just keeps trying to remove one of the walls until there is success - although this ability can be removed in the config.

Oh yeah that is a serious possibility still though if someone hoards toolboxes into a vehicle and just keeps trying to remove one of the walls until there is success - although this ability can be removed in the config.

It didn't take users on my server long to figure the bug out and I doubt it will on others either. When I first installed BB on 1.7.6.1 there was an issue with isDestructable also not being set, again users found the bug before I did!

Getting in with toolboxes is fine as it takes a long time to collect enough toolboxes to get into a well built base at the 95% failure percentage. The whole things kinda pointless when one hatchet makes a whole base useless though :(

Are you also seeing the same problem then? If so are you running kikyous modifications or just normal BB 1.2 on 1.7.7.1 ?

Did you import Daimyos .sql file that came with the BB script? This will add the items to your deployables table.

Unless lingor has been updated recently you won't need to do this as its just for 1.7.7.1 - http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/page-41#post-58208

It didn't take users on my server long to figure the bug out and I doubt it will on others either. When I first installed BB on 1.7.6.1 there was an issue with isDestructable also not being set, again users found the bug before I did!

Getting in with toolboxes is fine as it takes a long time to collect enough toolboxes to get into a well built base at the 95% failure percentage. The whole things kinda pointless when one hatchet makes a whole base useless though :(

I have had absolutely no success trying to shoot/hatchet buildings. The only thing that has worked for me is satchel charges and high speed impacts w/ vehicles.
Edit : It seems some but not all objects are affected by this bug for me.

Back