Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

Did you import Daimyos .sql file that came with the BB script? This will add the items to your deployables table.

Unless lingor has been updated recently you won't need to do this as its just for 1.7.7.1 - http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/page-41#post-58208

Yes I imported the .sql file, really not sure what else I need to do. It's gotta be something with the database though, because my mission files are exactly the same as the other person's server and it's working fine there.

I have had absolutely no success trying to shoot/hatchet buildings. The only thing that has worked for me is satchel charges and high speed impacts w/ vehicles.
Edit : It seems some but not all objects are affected by this bug for me.

Some player built objects can be destroyed it is one of the properties defined in the build_list most shouldn't be possible to destroy though like the double cargo containers. Least that was the case for me on 1.7.6.1. I can confirm though that satchels and vehicles didn't destroy anything they shouldnt have....

Yes I imported the .sql file, really not sure what else I need to do. It's gotta be something with the database though, because my mission files are exactly the same as the other person's server and it's working fine there.
The answer will be in your logs, if there's any error inserting to the DB it'll be in your hiveext logs, if there's a problem with the basebuilding code it'll be in your rpt logs. There are so many different hosting providers and hives that it could be any number of things causing the problem. The hive logs will tell you exactly why the SQL statement is failing.

Some player built objects can be destroyed it is one of the properties defined in the build_list most shouldn't be possible to destroy though like the double cargo containers. Least that was the case for me on 1.7.6.1. I can confirm though that satchels and vehicles didn't destroy anything they shouldnt have....

The answer will be in your logs, if there's any error inserting to the DB it'll be in your hiveext logs, if there's a problem with the basebuilding code it'll be in your rpt logs. There are so many different hosting providers and hives that it could be any number of things causing the problem. The hive logs will tell you exactly why the SQL statement is failing.

This is the only thing that shows up in the log when I place an item. I placed a concrete barrier:

Code:
4:42:48 "DEBUG: Checking if Object: 21f3cf00# 666307: cncblock.p3d REMOTE is allowed published by Server"

This is the only thing that shows up in the log when I place an item. I placed a concrete barrier:

Code:
4:42:48 "DEBUG: Checking if Object: 21f3cf00# 666307: cncblock.p3d REMOTE is allowed published by Server"

SQL errors will be in your hive log rather than your rpt logs

Ok so progress (sort of)

Basebuilding 1.2 without kikyous modifications still results in items taking damage from my testing I have found this is only for items which were spawned on restart. If you have just built the item and the server hasn't restarted to load it from the database it won't take damage as intended.

Next part is figuring out why....

If someone with 1.7.7.1 and the standard basebuilding plugin could confirm the above that would be good. I reverted my changes for testing and want to be sure I got everything....

I think veh_resetEH.sqf is the cause of the issue

Problem is its executed by the server so I don't know how to stop it running without modifying the dayz_code :(

I'm out of ideas for now.

heres my publicvariableval

http://pastebin.com/ygXs3UKB

and publicvariable
http://pastebin.com/9M8tvXFy

there will be things you dont need here but I have other mods etc at the moment

Well, I had about the same contents in my two files:
PublicVariable.txt
http://pastebin.com/XW8yDGy4
PublicVariableVar.txt
http://pastebin.com/JAej27tS

So I'm guess I have something else going on .. The kick is a publicvariable #0 kick and when I look at the publicvariable.log file, it is a kick for "dayz_updateNearbyOjects". Were there any code changes that you did related to the UpdateNearbyObjects in the operate_gates.sqf file in the dayz_code\external\keypad\fnc_keyPad directory?

This is what I have in my file:

Code:
// Operate gates by KillZone Kid and Humbleuk.  Modified by Daimyo
private ["_isBuildable","_charPos","_character","_id","_pos","_z","_nearestGates","_inMotion","_lever","_text"];
_character = _this select 1;
_id = _this select 2;
_lever = _this select 3;
_isBuildable = true;
_charPos = getposATL _character;
_inMotion = _lever getVariable ["inMotion",0];
_lever removeAction _id;
_nearestGates = nearestObjects [_lever, ["Hhedgehog_concrete","Concrete_Wall_EP1"], 100];
// THIS UPDATES OBJECT AROUND PANEL TO DATABASE (default 300 radius) Additional server modify needed
dayz_updateNearbyObjects = [_charPos, _isBuildable];
publicVariableServer "dayz_updateNearbyObjects";
    if (isServer) then {
        dayz_updateNearbyObjects call server_updateNearbyObjects;
    };
    {dayz_myCursorTarget removeAction _x} forEach s_player_gateActions;s_player_gateActions = [];
//[_charPos, _isBuildable] call server_updateNearbyObjects;

if (_inMotion == 0) then {

_lever setVariable ["inMotion", 1, true];

{
        _pos = getPos _x;
        _z = _pos select 2;

if (_z <= -2) then {

_text = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _x) >> "displayName");
            cutText [format["Raising the %1",_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];
            _pos set [2,0];
            _x setPos _pos;
            [nil,_x,rSAY,["trap_bear_0",60]] call RE;
            sleep .5;

} else {

cutText [format["Lowering the %1",_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];
            _pos set [2,-6.6];
            _x setPos _pos;
        };

sleep 1;

} foreach _nearestGates;
    _lever setVariable ["inMotion", 0, true];
};

{dayz_myCursorTarget removeAction _x} forEach s_player_gateActions;s_player_gateActions = [];
dayz_myCursorTarget = objNull;

Well, I had about the same contents in my two files:
PublicVariable.txt
http://pastebin.com/XW8yDGy4
PublicVariableVar.txt
http://pastebin.com/JAej27tS

So I'm guess I have something else going on .. The kick is a publicvariable #0 kick and when I look at the publicvariable.log file, it is a kick for "dayz_updateNearbyOjects". Were there any code changes that you did related to the UpdateNearbyObjects in the operate_gates.sqf file in the dayz_code\external\keypad\fnc_keyPad directory?

This is what I have in my file:
Code:
// Operate gates by KillZone Kid and Humbleuk.  Modified by Daimyo
private ["_isBuildable","_charPos","_character","_id","_pos","_z","_nearestGates","_inMotion","_lever","_text"];
_character = _this select 1;
_id = _this select 2;
_lever = _this select 3;
_isBuildable = true;
_charPos = getposATL _character;
_inMotion = _lever getVariable ["inMotion",0];
_lever removeAction _id;
_nearestGates = nearestObjects [_lever, ["Hhedgehog_concrete","Concrete_Wall_EP1"], 100];
// THIS UPDATES OBJECT AROUND PANEL TO DATABASE (default 300 radius) Additional server modify needed
dayz_updateNearbyObjects = [_charPos, _isBuildable];
publicVariableServer "dayz_updateNearbyObjects";
    if (isServer) then {
        dayz_updateNearbyObjects call server_updateNearbyObjects;
    };
//[_charPos, _isBuildable] call server_updateNearbyObjects;

if (_inMotion == 0) then {

_lever setVariable ["inMotion", 1, true];

{
        _pos = getPos _x;
        _z = _pos select 2;

if (_z <= -2) then {

cutText [format["Raising the %1",_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];
            _pos set [2,0];
            _x setPos _pos;
            sleep .5;

} else {

cutText [format["Lowering the %1",_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];
            _pos set [2,-6.6];
            _x setPos _pos;
        };

sleep 1;

} foreach _nearestGates;
    _lever setVariable ["inMotion", 0, true];
};

My file matches yours :/

What do you have in publicvariablevar.txt mine is empty.... my other two publicvariable files I posted already.

LOG File Error: publicvariable.log
25.06.2013 12:32:18: higgibaby (99.999.999.999ppp) 822222222-GUID-777770b18888- #0 "dayzPublishObj" = ["4",<NULL-object>,[97.4322,[9644.67,2135.75,2.03421]],"WarfareBDepot"]

For everybody who has a Problem with "publicvariable #0 kick".

Paste (add) in your first line of "publicvariable.txt" following entry:

!="dayzPublishObj"

or for your individual error Log

!="xxxx"

Then the kick is history!

Bye!

So many pages to go through and haven't found my answer. Got this installed and working to where the menu opens. When I have everything in my inventory to build something I open my menu and the "build" button doesn't give me the option to build. What could I be missing? Sorry if its something simple I missed in the long thread.

I didn't see any errors during the time. What I posted was the only thing that was actually showing up in any log related to the object.

Sorry I'm not sure then I usually get an error to debug when things don't work. If it's working with his mission file on his server but not on yours I would look at what else is different between the two servers. Starting with the database setup and tables as that is the most likely place....

So many pages to go through and haven't found my answer. Got this installed and working to where the menu opens. When I have everything in my inventory to build something I open my menu and the "build" button doesn't give me the option to build. What could I be missing? Sorry if its something simple I missed in the long thread.
Hi! i have the same problem, im working on 1.7.7.1 Pwnzor version, i did all steps and the 3 patchs for work in 1.7.7.1, my log .rpt dont report any error, i get the materials in my inventory, see the build recipe option, open the menu, all works well, but the "build" button dont work ¿any1 know how to repair this? thx!

I did everything i supposed to -- What am i doing wrong here is my rpt error log

Code:
12:35:16 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\init\object_pickupAction.sqf not found
12:35:16 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\init\object_pickupAction.sqf not found
12:35:16 Cannot create entity with abstract type Fort_Nest_M240 (scope = private?)
12:35:17 Warning Message: Picture z\addons\dayz_code\gui\loadingscreen.paa not found
12:35:17 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\init\object_pickupAction.sqf not found
12:35:17 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\init\object_pickupAction.sqf not found

I checked my dayz_code.pbo and it has the sqf in the init, i dont understand some code must be corrupting this, heres my day_code.pbo http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/433719/dayz-code-pbo.html

Having a few problems with this. i dont know if the two are related. but nothing is saving to the database. im trying to build something then resetting the server and its not there. nothing from the traders are saving either. like i said not sure if they are related ^^

Cheers in advance

Hi Guys,
i ready installed the basebuilding 1.2. All looks fine. My Problem is that the Stuff i build wont write into my Database. I tried everything here. After all i took the deployable list from Daimyo, somewhere i read that maybe this list could be different and make problems. So i build a tent. This is written in the database and when i changed the name maybe to a stash, i will have a stash. If i tried a another thing what not is normaly in my List, maybe concret wall, i bacame a error message. So i think i have problems with Daimyos ID for the deployable List. Did someone had the same issue and wrote a own List and after that it works or have a new list?
Im really sure that the Problem is the DB. After a lot help from seaweeduk im sure that i done all rigth in my PBO.
But maybe im not right. I will post my PBO here and someone can have a look about it and give a reply?
http://www.kifferstuebchen.de/~web2_lecram/basebuilding.rar

Okay, I got in my server finally, I have all the necessary items to build something, but the build button is whited out, and I cannot click it.

EDIT: Got it working.

If your build button is white you have to:
Have the exact number of items in your inventory, if it says 1 sandbag, you can only have 1 sandbag, and the rest is empty slots, or it wont work!

Hey,

first of all sry for my poor english, but i hope you can understand me anyway ^^

I finally have run the Mod on my 1.7.7.1 Chernarus Server and everything is working perfect. There is just a little problem with the Booby Traps. There only blow up if the player who built them is near to them, for everybody else it is harmless. I dont know where to look at to fox it, hope somebody can help me.
--------------------------------------
Edit:
@LeCraM:
As i can see you are from germany, so i can give you some support through TS3 (227Clangaming.teamspeak.de) (ich bin auch deutsch ;))

One Problem that i can see in your fn_selfaction.sqf.
Code:
};
// ### BASE BUILDING 1.2 ### Add in these:
// ### START ###
    player removeAction s_player_codeRemove;
    s_player_codeRemove = -1;
    player removeAction s_player_forceSave;
    s_player_forceSave = -1;
    player removeAction s_player_disarmBomb;
    s_player_disarmBomb = -1;
    player removeAction s_player_codeObject;
    s_player_codeObject = -1;
    player removeAction s_player_enterCode;
    s_player_enterCode = -1;
    player removeAction s_player_smeltRecipes;
    s_player_smeltRecipes = -1;
    player removeAction s_player_smeltItems;
    s_player_smeltItems = -1;
// ### BASE BUILDING 1.2 ### Add in these:
// ### END ###

this hase to be inside the "}" or else it wont be work. Also you forgot to put this

Code:
// ### BASE BUILDING 1.2 ### For gates:
// ### START ###
// ### END ###

in your code.

Here is the part of my fn_selfaction.sqf:

Code:
} else {
    //Engineering
    {dayz_myCursorTarget removeAction _x} forEach s_player_repairActions;s_player_repairActions = [];
// ### START ###
// ### END ###
    //Others
    player removeAction s_player_forceSave;
    s_player_forceSave = -1;
    player removeAction s_player_flipveh;
    s_player_flipveh = -1;
    player removeAction s_player_sleep;
    s_player_sleep = -1;
    player removeAction s_player_deleteBuild;
    s_player_deleteBuild = -1;