Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

btw constrictor this is the clientside variables.sqf not the one from the basebuilding plugin itself

I'm confused ... I extracted the variables.sqf from the 1.7.7.1 client and replaced the one that was supplied by the BB mod, added the additional code to the line and stored it in the dayz_mission.pbo, is that correct?

The one that comes with the mod would go in the mission pbo too, so I can't have two of them.
This one contains this code, where does this go?
Code:
//Daimyo Base Building 1.2 Variables
/*
These variables are defined to work globally to ONLY CLIENT scripts and not to the server or other players
They help to communicate to other Client scripts etc.
Example: remProc for example stands for remove process. Meaning if your in the process of removing an object
remProc will == true; This way if you try to begin removing it again, remProc will already be true and exit out
with "Your already trying to remove this";
Not all variables are boolean true or false but hopefully you get the idea
*/
    //Strings
    globalSkin            = "";
    //Arrays
    allbuildables_class = [];
    allbuildables        = [];
    allbuild_notowns    = [];
    allremovables        = [];
    wallarray            = [];
    structures            = [];
    CODEINPUT            = [];
    keyCode            = [];
    //Booleans
    remProc            = false;
    hasBuildItem        = false;
    rem_procPart        = false;
    repProc            = false;
    keyValid            = false;
    procBuild            = false;
    currentBuildRecipe    = 0;
    removeObject        = false;

Sorry I am still learning how scripting works in ArmA, but am learning pretty quickly as I go.

I'm confused ... I extracted the variables.sqf from the 1.7.7.1 client and replaced the one that was supplied by the BB mod, added the additional code to the line and stored it in the dayz_mission.pbo, is that correct?

The one that comes with the mod would go in the mission pbo too, so I can't have two of them.
This one contains this code, where does this go?
Code:
//Daimyo Base Building 1.2 Variables
/*
These variables are defined to work globally to ONLY CLIENT scripts and not to the server or other players
They help to communicate to other Client scripts etc.
Example: remProc for example stands for remove process. Meaning if your in the process of removing an object
remProc will == true; This way if you try to begin removing it again, remProc will already be true and exit out
with "Your already trying to remove this";
Not all variables are boolean true or false but hopefully you get the idea
*/
    //Strings
    globalSkin            = "";
    //Arrays
    allbuildables_class = [];
    allbuildables        = [];
    allbuild_notowns    = [];
    allremovables        = [];
    wallarray            = [];
    structures            = [];
    CODEINPUT            = [];
    keyCode            = [];
    //Booleans
    remProc            = false;
    hasBuildItem        = false;
    rem_procPart        = false;
    repProc            = false;
    keyValid            = false;
    procBuild            = false;
    currentBuildRecipe    = 0;
    removeObject        = false;

Sorry I am still learning how scripting works in ArmA, but am learning pretty quickly as I go.

Dont replace the basebuilding one, add it to your mission file and change the path in init.sqf

eg

Code:
//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\variables.sqf";//Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)

The basebuilding one contains additional variables needed for basebuilding, the one you are overriding the mission file is the 1.7.7.1 client variables.sqf for the mod

Hi !

I'm using base building and AH script and I'm not able to allow players to see the build recipes menu...
Does anyone know how to whitelist it ?

thanks in advance !

I can't get the refueling to work for me!? Where exactly in the variables.sqf did you place the safeobjects code?

I inserted the safeojects code into the top of dayz_code/init/variables.sqf you uploaded and left the mission variables code alone :p

Doesnt matter where you put it mission variables or custom varialbes as they both get compiled :)

I was able to finally get the refueling and basebuilding (w/ smelting) working together. Thanks all for the help! Still looking for a resolution on the keypads (operating a gate produces a PublicVariable kick #0 for DayZ_updatenearbyobjects ... even with a blank file). I will try some commands to replace this like PVDZ_updatenearbyobjects or what not and post my results.

Yes .. on 1.7.7.1 (except keypads opening gates, still kicking on PV #0)

I understand that the creator is working on a update... However has anyone compiled a complete howto for this for 1.7.7.1 I am working on getting it ported over to it but if someone already has the info in ONE easy to find stop, it would be nice.

If not then when and IF i get mine working i will create a howto and upload fresh install files to my github account...

Hi !

I have installed Taviana 2.0. The BaseBuidling Script works, but the buildings are not saved in database after serverrestart.

I want to change following
Code:
if ((typeOf _object) in _allowedObjects) then {
to
Code:
if ((typeOf _object) in _allowedObjects || (typeOf _object) in allbuildables_class) then {

in the server_functions.sqf

But I don`t find this Code in my Taviana "dayz_server.pbo\server_functions.sqf":

Code:
check_publishobject = {
"bunch of code inside"
};

So it`s impossible to save in database, isn't it!? Can someone help me, please?

I hope you understand my bad english and thx for help!

higgibaby

Edit:

I found this entry in HiveExt.log

Code:
[Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:1:WarfareBDepot:1:[302.048,[16686.6,9996.44,1.99995]]:1668669996420302:|

Make sure you add the needed tables in your database. If you dont have them they cant save. There is a SQL file in the download.

Yeah your script is alot different then mine since yours is Taviana. I dont know that mob at all and by the looks of the two scrips they are quit a bit different. Sorry i cant help... :(

O.K. - THX!

This is the "starting file" form my hoster "nitrado". I don`t found another source for Taviana 2.0. server files. Do you have a downloadlink for me? Possibly, i find a better version of server_functions.sqf! Unless, no problem!

Thank you very much, for helping me!

Find it on my git. I dont have much time to offer much support. Let alone finally get this released. Ill try my best to do so through git or my email at [email protected]

Videos up at bottom!

Ive been busy, revisting DayZ again this month, making some updates to base building.

6-10-2013 What Im working on:
1.2.2 (possibly just 1.3) future changelog:
  • Never type a code in again after building, even after restart
  • Add/remove access to panels/single gates for select players
  • 2nd gate function, meaning you can build these smaller gates anywhere and operate them by looking at them, this is separate from gate panel functionality. This will benefit new buildable types and make it easier to secure storage.
  • Possibly spawn NPCs that will guard your base 24/7 and be friends with everyone you specify, able to guard your base when your offline. Dont get too excited about this last one, its a theory I havent tested at all yet, but can be easily implemented in based on what ive been working on from above.

UPDATE: 6-1-2013
Base Building 1.2.1 Changelog (check commits for exact files that were modified):
  • Object shifting after restart should be fixed (please report otherwise)
  • Camonets can now be removed by owner/code
  • Some changes to getvariable ObjectUID in player_remove.sqf , not sure if this was causing issues for anyone.
https://github.com/Daimyo21/BaseBuilding-DayZ

Base Building Full Features List:

• Ability to build 30+ Arma 2/OA Objects in DayZ and create your ultimate base with your friends
  • Buildable Recipe Menu with pictures and Information
  • Gate Panels with Keypad access to open and close gates
  • Buildable Booby Traps that blow up in 10 meter proximity, crawl to avoid!
  • Custom disarm bomb action, with chance to fail based on not having toolbox/entrench tool
  • AntiWall feature that doesnt allow players to exit out of vehicles into player made bases.
  • Custom buildable removal function with chance to lose toolbox
  • Detailed parameters allowing server owners to dictate where things can be built, if they are invincible, etc etc.
  • Integrated into DayZ code
  • Server restart compatible
  • Virtually compatible with any DayZ map.
  • Server side Update object feature to allow active player bases to stay updated for cleanup script.
Base Building - DayZ 1.2 Changelog

• Optimizations to code and functionality
  • Integration of player actions into DayZ fn_selfActions.sqf
  • New building mechanic placement
  • New Build Recipe Menu by W4rGo (with pictures and detailed info)
  • New Detailed but easy-to-change parameters allowing server owners to change individual parameters for each buildable
  • New, Buildables update in a 300 meter radius to database when keypanel is used to open gates
  • OwnerID refund/removal of buildables
  • Remove individual buildables with a code that is given when object is built (code can be given to anyone)
  • Updated and cleaned up removal functions
  • AntiWall function fixed
  • Booby traps no longer blow up static graves on the map, it is specified now to only use booby trap model
  • ActiveCombat 1.1 compatible

Known issues:
  • Buildables seem to shift on Taviana after server restart (normally its only 1 meter and happens only once)
Liking the new feautures that are added into this new mod such as the custom booby traps which will ensure that players can keep their vehicles and camps safe whilst they're logged off.

I understand that the creator is working on a update... However has anyone compiled a complete howto for this for 1.7.7.1 I am working on getting it ported over to it but if someone already has the info in ONE easy to find stop, it would be nice.

If not then when and IF i get mine working i will create a howto and upload fresh install files to my github account...

It works fine on 1.7.7.1, make the changes listed below. DON'T use the fn_selfActions.sqf from the basebuilding files, merge the changes it adds yourself to the new 1.7.7.1 selfActions. You will need to bring the clientside variables.sqf into your mission file if its not already and make the "safeObjects" change shown below in that file.

http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/page-38#post-56237
http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/page-39#post-56737
http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/page-39#post-56996

Step 2 refers to clientside variables.sqf not the file included with the basebuilding mod. Look in dayz_code.pbo for this if you don't already have it in your mission file, and change the reference in init.sqf.

There will be battleeye kicks I am not going to help people with something as basic as this though there are plenty of resources to show you how to fix them (not just comment out the lines) already.

Yeah battleye is no problem. Just porting it from 1.7.6.1 to 1.7.7.1 is lol.. Ill work on thoes changes and try to get it working.

Its not that i could not do it from what people say. its just trying to look through 41 pages to find it. Thanks for the info!

For those of you having trouble with hangender/blur's antihack, do this:

1) find this line in your AH.sqf and delete it:
Code:
if (isNull (findDisplay 106) and isNull (findDisplay 6902) and !(ctrlEnabled 1900)) then {closeDialog 0;};
2) Save, pack your pbo, and upload.

I have got everything installed correctly and i can get the build menu up but when i try and build something (i make sure i have all the items i need) it wont let me (the build button is white)?

EDIT: i have tried it everywhere too. towns, beach, forest and the airbase's. I'm also on the Taviana 2.0 from dayztaviana.com

Back