Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

ok i got it working now ... adds to database and removes fine, but graves are a bit wierd ... only the creator of the grave can set it off and if i try to disarm and it fails i wont get the option to try again (idk if thats intentional) ... but anyone else than the owner can valse right over it and have a stepdance contenst there if they like and it wont explode only owner will trigger the explosion

For 1.8 Chernarus I've got it working.

First you'll need to install as per his instructions, but ignore the part about dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf

Then you'll need to download my edited files from here.
For the mission files, you'll just need to copy them over to your mission folder and overwrite the existing files.

If you're using a custom fn_selfActions.sqf be sure to either change or comment out the line calling it in missionfile\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf
If you want to use mine (it's a clean 1.8 file, with only the base building edits made) then simply copy it to missionfile\dayz_code\compile\

In the zip file, I've included a read me which just tells you where to put the code for dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf

The code is slightly different to the original because I had to change the variables around to fit with the new coding, please make sure to put my code in and not the original code or you will get errors.

I've also changed the file name for player_build.sqf to player_build2.sqf so it doesn't interfere with tent placements in 1.8.

If you're running a reality hive and have problems with built items not removing from the database after a restart, apply my fix from here as it also fixes the buildables.

I think that's everything. :)

is there anyway someone can get this to work on 0.2.4 overwatch? ive been trying for a few days and have no luck any help is appreciated and anyone who sends a working version or uploads a working version i will donate to a paypal

is there anyway someone can get this to work on 0.2.4 overwatch? ive been trying for a few days and have no luck any help is appreciated and anyone who sends a working version or uploads a working version i will donate to a paypal

What isn't working for you? I know it does work on Overwatch as two other people I've seen in this thread have set it up in the last week or so.

For 1.8 Chernarus I've got it working.

First you'll need to install as per his instructions, but ignore the part about dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf

Then you'll need to download my edited files from here.
For the mission files, you'll just need to copy them over to your mission folder and overwrite the existing files.

If you're using a custom fn_selfActions.sqf be sure to either change or comment out the line calling it in missionfile\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf
If you want to use mine (it's a clean 1.8 file, with only the base building edits made) then simply copy it to missionfile\dayz_code\compile\

In the zip file, I've included a read me which just tells you where to put the code for dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf

The code is slightly different to the original because I had to change the variables around to fit with the new coding, please make sure to put my code in and not the original code or you will get errors.

I've also changed the file name for player_build.sqf to player_build2.sqf so it doesn't interfere with tent placements in 1.8.

If you're running a reality hive and have problems with built items not removing from the database after a restart, apply my fix from here as it also fixes the buildables.

I think that's everything. :)

Thanks very much man, I'm still working through my BE kicks but looking good so far

Think you forgot the safeObjects array in variables.sqf unless that's not needed this patch?

Thanks very much man, I'm still working through my BE kicks but looking good so far

Think you forgot the safeObjects array in variables.sqf unless that's not needed this patch?

I think I only had to make two BE filter edits and they were both for the camo net B variants.

Createvehicle.txt
Code:
5 "B_" !"Land_CamoNetB_EAST" !"Land_CamoNetB_NATO"

Since the filters have changed so much for 1.8, it didn't seem to set anything else off. Not sure if that's a good thing or not though haha.

I included the safeobjects (all base building and 1.8 items) in the variables.sqf included in my download, so no need to go add them manually. :)

I think I only had to make two BE filter edits and they were both for the camo net B variants.

Createvehicle.txt
Code:
5 "B_" !"Land_CamoNetB_EAST" !"Land_CamoNetB_NATO"

Since the filters have changed so much for 1.8, it didn't seem to set anything else off. Not sure if that's a good thing or not though haha.

I included the safeobjects (all base building and 1.8 items) in the variables.sqf included in my download, so no need to go add them manually. :)

Thanks man I've added my items to your list instead should have spotted that I had a few setvariable restrictions and a setpos one with the concrete gates and keypanels all fixed now :D

I'm using the 1.8 filters rather than the old ones from daimyo

edit: was also a kick for the combat timer variable, I believe that set and check won't work under 1.8 either atm should be a quick fix though unless you already got it?

Thanks man I've added my items to your list instead should have spotted that I had a few setvariable restrictions and a setpos one with the concrete gates and keypanels all fixed now :D

I'm using the 1.8 filters rather than the old ones from daimyo

edit: was also a kick for the combat timer variable, I believe that set and check won't work under 1.8 either atm should be a quick fix though unless you already got it?

Haha yeah I never thought to mention it was in there so you weren't to know. I've only built a few items for testing it so I should probably test every item to see if I get any more kicks. Funnily enough, the ones that were problems last time (concrete blocks and gate panels) didn't give me any issues this time.

I had thought the combat timer would cause problems but it still seemed to be triggering ok when finishing building something (triggered the 30 second timer on abort menu) so I just left it as it was. If you notice any problems though let me know and I'll try changing it over to a modified combat check I've been using for other scripts.

Ah I see. Well like I said I've never run Epoch (my players aren't interested in all the other changes from it, all they want from it is the base building stuff haha), but if you want to upload your PBO files (mission and server) I can take a look at it when I get a chance and see if I can figure out what's wrong with it.

I am having a problem with the epoch 1.0.2.3 update as well. I have base building installed, but it wasn't saving the bb 1.2 items to the database, nor the new modular building system items. Well, i have fixed it where the bb 1.2 items are saving, but the new modular building system items still aren't.

Think you might have time to take a look at my .pbo's to figure out the problem?

I am having a problem with the epoch 1.0.2.3 update as well. I have base building installed, but it wasn't saving the bb 1.2 items to the database, nor the new modular building system items. Well, i have fixed it where the bb 1.2 items are saving, but the new modular building system items still aren't.

Think you might have time to take a look at my .pbo's to figure out the problem?

I've never used Epoch, or it's build system so I wouldn't know where to begin with it's coding. I also don't have a local Epoch database to test it with. You can certainly post your pbos, but I can't make any promises I'd be able to do much for it. You may have more luck on the Epoch forums since it's a problem with their build system.

Think im gonna have a go at merging the new player_build file this weekend it would be awesome to have the new 1.8 placement controls whilst building

It would be nice to have those controls in base building 1.2 on epoch as well.

Think im gonna have a go at merging the new player_build file this weekend it would be awesome to have the new 1.8 placement controls whilst building

That'd be great if you could man. I've had a little play around trying to do that but just could not get it to work properly. Managed to get the controls over but then every time I tried to complete a build it failed and then wouldn't let me try again because it hadn't acknowledged that I'd stopped building haha.

That'd be great if you could man. I've had a little play around trying to do that but just could not get it to work properly. Managed to get the controls over but then every time I tried to complete a build it failed and then wouldn't let me try again because it hadn't acknowledged that I'd stopped building haha.

U guys sound like geniuses, lol, u should combine your powers and form a "help chi w/ epoch" team. :D

Back