DayZ Admin tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got less lazy and found this line that Blue posted earlier :p

left Alt + click on the map after teleport press w + space to move again

*edit* not sure if its just the lingor map, but sometimes the teleport doesnt want to work. It will show all esp but the tele doesnt always work.

I've been having a lot more success with tele now, re logging isn't necessary. LOL WAITING IS! sometimes might take a few tries but even if you are seeing several "admin tools" on your scroll wheel it just needs time to catch up and I have it working a lot better after using it and being patient/ persistent .. I do spam alt+left click for the record but after maybe 10 or so very impatient clicks it will port me :) .. Not saying that this is how its supposed to work??? I have that question as well?? But an update for my main admin seems good lol

I've been having a lot more success with tele now, re logging isn't necessary. LOL WAITING IS! sometimes might take a few tries but even if you are seeing several "admin tools" on your scroll wheel it just needs time to catch up and I have it working a lot better after using it and being patient/ persistent .. I do spam alt+left click for the record but after maybe 10 or so very impatient clicks it will port me :) .. Not saying that this is how its supposed to work??? I have that question as well?? But an update for my main admin seems good lol
that's caused by server lag
we are using the debug monitor from here http://opendayz.net/threads/resources-dayz-server-additions.9003/ with video instructions .. this fixed our loot problem right up .. admin still have access to the Debug monitor, although it flashes back and forth between the two for admins while active, I'd say we've had some great success with this so far .. thanks again, nebulazer and I will be happily testing for bugs here :)

if anyone needs help with this or if U feel confused about how to change your init, feel free to ask me how I got the monitors set up!

&&&I learned from experience that there are ways of getting a loot fix for debug monitors that are commenting out and replacing this line with a custom variables.sqf.
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";
This is achieved by carefully copying information between the stock variables and the custom variables.

That should apply to this monitor as well
But.. I'm sleepy right now if anyone is at this step and wants to look into swapping data over from the actual sqf files mentioned "z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf" to our NEW "custom\compiles.sqf"

once the info is swapped I would // (comment out) right in front of this line
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";

Again, what I just said is theoretical until I try it :) but I wanna try to help anyone stuck right now. This could fix the problem and allow the use of the Admin debug monitor BluePheonix gave us, which is loaded with info.

Not 100% positive if BluePHX is looking into an absolute resolve for this map or not? So I'll gladly offer to pick up for folks with trouble here, I've used half a dozen different debug monitors and if you are getting no loot spawn or "dumb" zombies, using a different debug monitor is the easiest proven fix FOR ME personally because I already had it installed. I will edit this post when I try my theorized method above. Simply commenting out the debug monitor and running without one would also definitely work as a quick fix, for anyone who is completely stuck.

Our init is attached to keep the questions and wait time to a minimum, although it is fairly cut and dry what needs to be done if you've made it this far.
i am trying to find a perm fix can you send me a PM with exactly how you fixed that
Script restriction #44 for look and repair. How to fix?
in scripts.txt find "setFuel" should be within 3 lines of line 44 and change it to
Code:
1 setFuel !"\"setFuel\"," !"cargod.sqf"," !"z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_setFuel.sqf" !"\"dayzSetFuel\"" !"dayzSetFuel_code" !"dayzSetFuel = _val;"" !"scriptsMZ\MZ_reload.sqf"

that's caused by server lag

i am trying to find a perm fix can you send me a PM with exactly how you fixed that

in scripts.txt find "setFuel" should be within 3 lines of line 44 and change it to
Code:
1 setFuel !"\"setFuel\"," !"cargod.sqf"," !"z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_setFuel.sqf" !"\"dayzSetFuel\"" !"dayzSetFuel_code" !"dayzSetFuel = _val;"" !"scriptsMZ\MZ_reload.sqf"

The only thing is I have auto refuel installed how to add this to the auto refuel line?

Code:
5 setFuel !"\"setFuel\"," !"z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_setFuel.sqf" !"dayzSetFuel" !"dayzSetFuel_code" !"Scripts\kh_actions.sqf" !"Scripts\kh_vehicle_refuel.sqf"

The only thing is I have auto refuel installed how to add this to the auto refuel line?

Code:
5 setFuel !"\"setFuel\"," !"z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_setFuel.sqf" !"dayzSetFuel" !"dayzSetFuel_code" !"Scripts\kh_actions.sqf" !"Scripts\kh_vehicle_refuel.sqf"
change the 5 to a 1 in your scripts.txt
Hello is there a way to modify the weapon sets? id really need to know please help me :)
yes. use this format, item class names go inside ' '
Code:
GearAdd = (vehicle player);
GearAdd addWeapon ' '; //main weapon
GearAdd addMagazine ' '; //main weapon ammo
GearAdd addMagazine ' '; // gear (cans of food, ammo, road flares...ect)
GearAdd addWeapon ' '; //secondary weapon
GearAdd addMagazine ' '; //secondary ammo, bandages, 203 ammo
GearAdd addWeapon ' '; // binoculars
GearAdd addWeapon ' '; //compas
GearAdd addWeapon ' '; //map
GearAdd addWeapon ' '; //watch
GearAdd addWeapon ' '; //hatchet
GearAdd addWeapon ' '; //knife
GearAdd addWeapon ' '; //matches
GearAdd addWeapon ' '; //E-tool
GearAdd addWeapon ' '; //toolbox
GearAdd addBackpack ' '; //backpack
(Unitbackpack GearAdd) addMagazineCargoGlobal [' ', 4]; //backpack item #of items
(Unitbackpack GearAdd) addMagazineCargoGlobal [' ', 4]; //backpack item #of items
(Unitbackpack GearAdd) addMagazineCargoGlobal [' ', 2]; //backpack item #of items
(Unitbackpack GearAdd) addMagazineCargoGlobal [' ', 2];
once you have added all of the items you want save as "insertfilenamehere.sqf" open AdminToolsMain.sqf replace the WeaponMenu2 = section with this
Code:
WeaponMenu2 =
[
    ["",true],
        ["Aks Kobra", [2],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,"item9.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        [".338 LAPUA", [3],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,"item10.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["DMR", [4],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,"item11.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["M4A1 HWS GL SD Camo", [5],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,"item12.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["M14 Aim", [6],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,"item13.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Alice", [7],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,"bp2.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Coyote", [8],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,"bp1.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["Delete gear", [9],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,"cleanme.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
        ["", [-1], "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
            ["Next page", [12], "#USER:WeaponMenu3", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
            ["Exit", [13], "", -3, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"]
];
//extra menu for custom kits
WeaponMenu3 =
[
    ["",true],
            ["", [2],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,""]]], "1", "1"],
            ["", [3],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,""]]], "1", "1"],
            ["", [4],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,""]]], "1", "1"],
            ["", [5],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,""]]], "1", "1"],
            ["", [6],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,""]]], "1", "1"],
            ["", [7],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,""]]], "1", "1"],
            ["", [8],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,""]]], "1", "1"],
            ["", [9],  "", -5, [["expression", format[EXECscript3,""]]], "1", "1"],
            ["", [-1], "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
                ["Exit", [13], "", -3, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"]
];
then just follow the format in WeaponMenu2 to add your custom scripts, if you do not use all of the avaiable spaces just comment them out by adding // at the start of the line

How do I make it work with my refuel script tho
open scripts.txt
locate
Code:
5 setFuel !"\"setFuel\"," !"cargod.sqf"," !"z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_setFuel.sqf" !"\"dayzSetFuel\"" !"dayzSetFuel_code" !"dayzSetFuel = _val;"" !"scriptsMZ\MZ_reload.sqf"
change to
Code:
save scripts.txt
upload saved scripts.txt to server
start server
play DayZ

How do I make it work with my refuel script tho

Code:
5 setFuel !"\"setFuel\"," !"cargod.sqf"," !"scriptsMZ\MZ_reload.sqf"," !"z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_setFuel.sqf" !"\"dayzSetFuel\"" !"dayzSetFuel_code" !"dayzSetFuel = _val;"
use this if you want setfuel to still kick except for autorefuel and the car god mode.

Mission file location:

SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions

look for chernarus_1.pbo || Use a .PBO Extractor || Make edits (think of pbo as a zip file) || Repack / put back into MPMissions folder || Restart server = Win!

Yeah, I figured that out shortly after I posted this...... Everyone was saying "mission.pbo" which, I don't use. I use the folder version type thing.......... That's why I was so confused.

Update:
- Good news: taviana(and similar maps) spawn bug has been fixed (thanks to fylthi), added No debug version to github, added section in AdminToolsMain.sqf for user made weapon kits (full Tutorial coming soon).

- Bad news: spent 8hrs trying to get vehicle spawning, punishments via menu, and teleport player to admin working with no success. im not giving up just keeping all of you updated on my progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back