DayZ Base Building 1.3 Discussion

daimyo21

I will not be providing support for this release as I am too busy. You can try and ask simple questions at [email protected] but I have no time to overlook files etc.

You can also possibly ask rosska85 for help but I have not spoken to him in weeks so he may be busy/occupied as well.

Feel free to discuss the release here.

Release Thread

Great to see the official release page up! I got your message this morning about my github page, glad you managed to copy my repository over to yours ok. :)

I have been pretty busy of late too, but I will try to provide some support where I can. I don't really have the time to sit and install it for multiple people though so please try to make use of the instructions as we took a lot of time to put them together in as easy to follow a way as we could.

Great to see the official release page up! I got your message this morning about my github page, glad you managed to copy my repository over to yours ok. :)

I have been pretty busy of late too, but I will try to provide some support where I can. I don't really have the time to sit and install it for multiple people though so please try to make use of the instructions as we took a lot of time to put them together in as easy to follow a way as we could.

Yea I was worried because I posted it and your git was private and I didnt realize it yet haha. But yea, I just copied and uploaded on my end. I've been pretty busy too, I thought you released it before but I remember that we talked about making further revisions for it and never released this version. Good to hear from you, I'll message you on steam if any other cool modding opportunities arise in DayZ or other games.

Yea I was worried because I posted it and your git was private and I didnt realize it yet haha. But yea, I just copied and uploaded on my end. I've been pretty busy too, I thought you released it before but I remember that we talked about making further revisions for it and never released this version. Good to hear from you, I'll message you on steam if any other cool modding opportunities arise in DayZ or other games.
Haha yeah I had forgotten I left it private from when we were actively working on it so nobody stumbled upon it whilst it was half finished. I did have a few more ideas for it, but like you I've just not had the time to actually do anything about them yet. We'll get there I'm sure but at least with this one released it'll address a lot of the problems with the previous version. :)
Sounds good man, I look forward to it.

This looks fantastic, but has met with the following issues so far:

Installed this on an existing server and am no longer able to remove objects created with the default epoch building system. The option to remove doesn't appear, as if the item doesn't belong to me - these items are currently associated with my characterid, if that helps.

Also, all bases created prior to the install have shifted either down, to the side, or both. In some cases, this has resulted in the inability to interact with items inside of containers, such as the wood shed, tough my shack and storage shed are fine. These structures are not shifted as face as I can tell, just wall-like structures.

Lastly, the interface will not allow structure building if you have more than the required number of each material in you inventory. One extra and the build button remains inactive.

Edit:
The sheds did shift location, but not into the ground.

Glad this finally got posted. I'll try and provide some basic support in this thread where I can too. Please refrain from pming me with questions etc though. This is a complex installation as far as mods go, however all the work has already been done for you if you READ all the instructions. Rosska put a lot of time into them and ensuring things can work for other mods etc too.

This looks fantastic, but has met with the following issues so far:

Installed this on an existing server and am no longer able to remove objects created with the default epoch building system. The option to remove doesn't appear, as if the item doesn't belong to me - these items are currently associated with my characterid, if that helps.

Also, all bases created prior to the install have shifted either down, to the side, or both. In some cases, this has resulted in the inability to interact with items inside of containers, such as the wood shed, tough my shack and storage shed are fine. These structures are not shifted as face as I can tell, just wall-like structures.

Lastly, the interface will not allow structure building if you have more than the required number of each material in you inventory. One extra and the build button remains inactive.
Edit: The sheds did shift location, but not into the ground.

I wrote some SQL scripts to take care of the positions of your old objects when importing them to the new BB. Did you run the updateInstall_reality_basebuilding.sql / updateInstall_hive_basebuilding.sql SQL scripts when you switched from 1.2 to 1.3?

If its just your epoch buildables that have moved it could also be that my update script is to blame assuming you ran it. I wrote it for dayzmod 1.8 never tested it with epoch and existing epoch bases. You don't need to run those sql files unless you are going from daimyos basebuilding 1.2 -> 1.3.

If everything is ok in the DB the problem has to be in the epoch server_monitor somewhere.

Last edited:
I tried it with and without running the script. Also, I'm not actually upgrading from 1.2, so I will look and make sure that everything is configured correctly in the file you specified, and get back with you. Its going to be after 6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, however. Thank you so far for your help.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

Ok cool, next time you try it start from a working database backup with the epoch buildables in the right place, and don't run the update.sql scripts. The update scripts modify the height coordinate for existing basebuilding 1.2 buildables could be its modifying your epoch stuff too. Although now I actually reread the scripts they shouldn't affect the non basebuilding objects anyway.

If you're still having problems with the epoch buildables after that it could be we missed something in the epoch server_monitor. I'm not the best person to ask about that but you can always try sharing yours here. I don't like epoch myself and don't have any interest in running a test server for it, so can't really offer much epoch support.

The gameplay mostly, I find it very repetitive and lacking in depth. I don't like having any AI in dayz at all, nor do I like epochs easy zombies, and I don't enjoy their whole currency and trading system.

With Daimyos basebuilding on my dayzmod server a currency has naturally evolved between the players and gets used every day in a much less contrived way for things such as the sale of vehicles. With epoch the gameplay is far more predictable, it becomes a game about camping trade zones or endlessly expanding your base.

I'm sure with a large amount of modification I could build an epoch server more to my liking but as a starting point I much prefer dayzmod. That said though I think they have done a fantastic job with their modular basebuilding system and can't see why anyone would need this mod when they have that.

Overwatch, upgrading from 1.2 with reality db.

I have mine working from what I have seen about 99%. I had to do some things not in the instructions to make the numpad key features to work, but other then that everything seems to be working except one major thing...

After I have adjusted how I want my object to be placed, including adjusting the height, I then build it. I have verified that is shows up and saves in the database, and stays after restart. Problem is, after restart the object resets its position to a default on the ground position. And the odd thing is, in the database in the instance_deployable table where the new building object resides, it still shows the worldspace postion that I set it to. So, I think something script side is forcing them to reset position.

Overwatch, upgrading from 1.2 with reality db.

I have mine working from what I have seen about 99%. I had to do some things not in the instructions to make the numpad key features to work, but other then that everything seems to be working except one major thing...

After I have adjusted how I want my object to be placed, including adjusting the height, I then build it. I have verified that is shows up and saves in the database, and stays after restart. Problem is, after restart the object resets its position to a default on the ground position. And the odd thing is, in the database in the instance_deployable table where the new building object resides, it still shows the worldspace postion that I set it to. So, I think something script side is forcing them to reset position.

The worldspace settings that I set when I built the object are being ignored. It is like it is doing the setPosATL command on my objects. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setPosATL

hey guys,

I'm having the issue that my buildings getting written twice into my database o_O
Any way to fix that or has it to be like this?

hey guys,

I'm having the issue that my buildings getting written twice into my database o_O
Any way to fix that or has it to be like this?

do your buildings hold their position you set them in? I don't have double in mine. maybe you have double code in one of your scripts. do a compare of all the files your supposed to modify.

nope didnt compared them yet ^^" will do it right now
my buildings stay at the same position as schown in the preview and even after restart like

EDIT: OK Found it, i had still some code from BB 1.2 in my publish object :oops::D

EDIT2: Nope this wasnt it -.-

Last edited:
The worldspace settings that I set when I built the object are being ignored. It is like it is doing the setPosATL command on my objects. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setPosATL

If they are extendable objects it should be using setPosATL, here's the code that sets the object positions in the dayzmod 1.8 server_monitor at least

Code:
                //Restore extendable objects to whatever their position is supposed to be
                if (typeOf(_object) in allExtendables && typeOf(_object) != "Grave") then {
                    _object setposATL [(getposATL _object select 0),(getposATL _object select 1), (getposATL _object select 2)];
                };

//Restore non extendable objects and make sure they follow the land contours
                if (!(typeOf(_object) in allExtendables) && (_object isKindOf "Static") && !(_object isKindOf "TentStorage") && typeOf(_object) != "Grave") then {
                    _object setpos [(getposATL _object select 0),(getposATL _object select 1), 0];
                };

Maybe the overwatch server_monitor has some code after this that is running on all objects including the basebuilding objects and isn't taking height into account.

nope didnt compared them yet ^^" will do it right now
my buildings stay at the same position as schown in the preview and even after restart like

EDIT: OK Found it, i had still some code from BB 1.2 in my publish object :oops::D

EDIT2: Nope this wasnt it -.-

Interesting. What dayz mod and database r u running? And I see your updating as well.

If they are extendable objects it should be using setPosATL, here's the code that sets the object positions in the dayzmod 1.8 server_monitor at least

Code:
                //Restore extendable objects to whatever their position is supposed to be
                if (typeOf(_object) in allExtendables && typeOf(_object) != "Grave") then {
                    _object setposATL [(getposATL _object select 0),(getposATL _object select 1), (getposATL _object select 2)];
                };

//Restore non extendable objects and make sure they follow the land contours
                if (!(typeOf(_object) in allExtendables) && (_object isKindOf "Static") && !(_object isKindOf "TentStorage") && typeOf(_object) != "Grave") then {
                    _object setpos [(getposATL _object select 0),(getposATL _object select 1), 0];
                };

Maybe the overwatch server_monitor has some code after this that is running on all objects including the basebuilding objects and isn't taking height into account.

I'll check when I get home. Can someone that has this fully working post their server side files that are modified for BB 1.3 so we can compare?

Interesting. What dayz mod and database r u running? And I see your updating as well.
normal dayz 1.8.0.3 and what kind of database i canot tell ^^
i think it should be reallity but i cant say for sure:oops:
and yes im also updating from 1.2

EDIT: Its reality ^^

Last edited:
Back