dayz mission addin (serverside scripts)

yes wolfe I got the fog working and snow, streetlights and houselights give me a shout if you want any of those ill give you a hand if you want

I finally got the dogs working on my Namalsk server! Thanks for all the help, ive been wanting to get this to work for a long time now. Let me know if anybody else needs help properly adding the dog init to their mission file. Personally, that was the trickiest part for the mod.

But i still have one more question: has anybody ever figured out the fix for the dog deaths when you change clothes?

I finally got the dogs working on my Namalsk server! Thanks for all the help, ive been wanting to get this to work for a long time now. Let me know if anybody else needs help properly adding the dog init to their mission file. Personally, that was the trickiest part for the mod.

But i still have one more question: has anybody ever figured out the fix for the dog deaths when you change clothes?
can you help me with dogs on my taviana server

Hello, me and my boyfriend have a server we just started and he is very new to scripting stuff in, has had some luck with a few things but when he tried to add this stuff in everything went wonky. I was wondering if there was anyone who know about adding stuff like this to servers that would be willing to get on mumble and help him? Please let me know and i can give you the mumble info.

Thanks in advance

SaraMichelle :)

@sovoki
Since you insist and I always make things for free as you will see. I have a past project with a PayPal donate button but I am still a happy pauper :) Here But dont feel obliged I'll help fix things anyway.

The dogshouses with dogs are located with a random radius of 70 meters in: Bor, Msta, Polana, Vyshnoye, Grishino, Dubrovka. Take Vyshnoye. Often on the steep hillside or next to the road that goes up and North, near the village. Doghouses with dog should make a barking sound and are on an 'odd' location.

before you place it on a heavy traffic server let me check nullpo's trigger problem.

@Spinkz
both dogs are available 50% chance.

@nullpo
interesting. I'll dive into serverside multiplication of doghouse triggers tomorrow. Might update..

@sulo
I still think they dont "attach" because you need a trigger in the .sqm file as in howToAddin.txt (see 6 posts back). Or did you fiddle with dog.sqf, ifso and there is an error in it, it will be used ones. Empty lines don't matter they are for readability.

HI i was wondering pixel if ya could possible send me your .biedi file from your editor or tell me how i can merge my custom buildings with your mission.sqm,also any way to keep your dog after log out? mine dissappears but boy is he fun :)

Hi, can you help me please ? I got this message during the intro scene : Resource title logo not found
wish i could but im a noob myself to this, the only way i got this to work was use his mission.sqm file so now i dont have my custom cherno map anymore lolz

===========Updated 17-02-2013==========

This is version 2 of my addin for DayZ. serverside scripted, so clients don't need an extra mod.

The added storyline is a laboratory where things went wrong and the zombies entered the world through anomalies. As a helping hand in this harsh environment you can find companion dogs that you can command. See movieclip for details.

The dogshouses with dogs are located (with a random radius of 70 meters) in: Bor, Msta, Polana, Vyshnoye, Grishino, Dubrovka.

Install notes in .zip file

what is updated?
this
Only want the dog and know what .sqf is.
here

As a BE side note: I noticed the latest battleeye for servers has a new text file "attachto.txt" This document needs to be empty. I did not have problems with script.txt. If you do, please tell me.
Hi Pixel, Gotta say great mod i got it working but only with your mission.sqm. When i try my own it just waits at host. Could ya tell me what i would need to do to add more custom buildings to your mission.sqm with 3d editor as for some reason my DB will not spawn buildings through SQL plus you know im sure that takes a million times longer. Thanx in advance

P.S. im using Dayz.st Bliss

wish i could but im a noob myself to this, the only way i got this to work was use his mission.sqm file so now i dont have my custom cherno map anymore lolz

Ok no problem but I solved my issue. In fact I use addins with base building addon and when I putted base building I had to modify the description file and after that I got this error during the intro scene.
So my problem is solved :)

Ok no problem but I solved my issue. In fact I use addins with base building addon and when I putted base building I had to modify the description file and after that I got this error during the intro scene.
So my problem is solved :)
hey are you using your own sqm file?

I am getting "waiting for host" message too. I'm on a dayz.st server with rmod enabled, and I add dogs only, using pixel's instructions above, to mission.pbo. Is there a chance to make a separate mission.pbo for vanilla dayz 1.7.6.1, with dogs only and nothing else (no lift, no anomalies). I would much rather build my changes on top of a working dog pbo than try to repetitively put in snippets from the dog file, feels like bashing my head against a wall.

The dogs are awesome! But I do get a lot of bugs because of the anomalies. Also, I don't really like them.

Cheers!

Since yesterday installed and everything works fine. Dogs, Anomalies etc.
But i have one several issue, after changing clothes the server looses the charakter ID (no proper information on stats box) and cannot update the Hive properly, after disconnect cannot reconnect until the server restarts. That happens not only to the player that changed clothes but to all other players too.

This is the EXACT problem i am having too!! Is there not a fix for this yet? Is anybody else having this problem too?

Because the dogs on my server works perfectly fine unless somebody decides to change clothes while a dog is attached to their character. If you cant change clothes while owning a dog, then this mod is pretty much worthless til this can be fixed.

Actually the heros/bandits/any skin change problem is 2 fold.

First, when you switch skins, you lose the variable dogActions. Second, when you switch skins you also switch player objects so that player != player (essentially). What this means is that if you are a dog owner, and you switch skins then your dog will suicide.

Just a very old problem that many others like myself, still have yet found any answers to. Any volunteers?

Back