dayZ Street Lights

Any plans for Panthera 1.8 Axeman? Would be very much appreciated. I have a server you could test on etc.

Cheers! :)

hi,

to which point in the "init" i have to put the code ? I tried it many times, but it does not work.
Thats my "ini" :

Code:
/*   
    INITILIZATION
*/
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = 1;                    //The instance
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
enableRadio false;

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if ((!isServer) && (isNull player) ) then
{
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then
{
  waitUntil {player == player};
  waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {

//===================piXel 15-02-2013===========
    dogOwner = [];
//=========================end==================
    _serverMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
    //Conduct map operations
    0 fadeSound 0;
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";}];
    //dayZ original _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
    _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";

"heliCrash" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
        _list = nearestObjects [_this select 1, ["CraterLong"], 100];
        {deleteVehicle _x;} foreach _list;
    };   
};
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";

[] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";

if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "fixes\kh_actions.sqf";
};

greetings from Germany
deejay

OMG, I created the folder, but the lights folder where is that supposed to be placed, the Missions or MPMissions folder? Cos I had placed it in missions and got an error then placed it in MPMissions and got the same error, am I missing the point here?

lightser.jpg

I dont even have that file and have verified with a few others as well, I only have the folders of that file in that directory.

The lights folder is located in your mission pbo. The example above was just to show you where it should reside.

If you cannot edit your mission pbo then you will not be able to use the OP script.

hi,

to which point in the "init" i have to put the code ? I tried it many times, but it does not work.
Thats my "ini" :

Code:
/*
    INITILIZATION
*/
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = 1;                    //The instance
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

//disable greeting menu
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
enableRadio false;

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if ((!isServer) && (isNull player) ) then
{
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then
{
  waitUntil {player == player};
  waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {

dogOwner = [];
    _serverMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
    //Conduct map operations
    0 fadeSound 0;
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";}];
    //dayZ original _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
    _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";

"heliCrash" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
        _list = nearestObjects [_this select 1, ["CraterLong"], 100];
        {deleteVehicle _x;} foreach _list;
    };
};
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";

[] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";

if (!isDedicated) then {
};

greetings from Germany
deejay

Where you have this

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
};

try this

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "lights\street_lights.sqf";
};

Where is the mission.pbo located? I don't seem to have one. The dayz is downloaded from there server which is exactly the same as everyone else s.

Ahhh wait a sec, so found this:

================
All the files in the following location get packaged into a mission.pbo when you start your server:
root\server\mpmissions\dayz.chernarus\
The "dayz.chernarus" folder is essentially your mission.pbo, just not packaged into a single file.
=============

So if I package up that folder with the other folders in it e.g. the lights/fixes etc and rename to mission.pbo will that work?

It should do :) but you will need the correct name for the mission file for your server (host) otherwise it wont load correctly!

Good luck

okay well the host is just me, its running from a another box on Windows. The server runs fine and is playable, just trying to get over this hurdle to editing.

mpmissions.jpg

My MPMissions folders

So your mission file is called dayz_1.chernarus.pbo

Why do your folders in that file have [] around them - probably why the script won't work?

Thats default because of the Explorer Viewer I use, has nothing to do with the scripting, when opened in explorer just shows normal folders like anyone elses.

So if the mission file is called dayz_1.chernarus.pbo does that mean packing up the dayz_1.chernarus folder and deleting the folder?

Also what do each of the numbers refer too, is that referring to the different instances?

The game only reads .pbo so not much point in deleting the folder from which you make the .pbo. If you use an rcon client you can see all the mission files (pbo's) that are in the MP directory.

How many servers are you running?

The MP file & name in use is determined by the hive.ini which is editable.

The game will read both the folder structure and pbo from the mpmissions folder. It will always go to a pbo first though. If you have a pbo it will ignore the folders.

Have you got the street lights sqf in the lights folder ? You also need the other file, with the locations of the lights. This must also be referenced in init.sqf where the public variable is declared.

I've been running street lights on Tavi for a while now and it has worked great. As with others, it does sometimes take a relog for them to take effect. I have noticed that very recently lights have become only viewable within 50m or so. Is there a way I can increase the range from which the light is seen?

Thanks cyrq. After a bit more investigating it seems it is specific to one town; Lyepestok, which is one of (if not) the largest towns. It seems to be working correctly everywhere else, but I'll have a look at your suggestion.

I've been running street lights on Tavi for a while now and it has worked great. As with others, it does sometimes take a relog for them to take effect. I have noticed that very recently lights have become only viewable within 50m or so. Is there a way I can increase the range from which the light is seen?

There is an issue where, after logging, the existing lightpoints are already there so I search for them and light them up. Have noticed since that nearestObject only works for 50m. Am going to look at another way of doing this. I may just delete them and recreate. I wanted to reduce the work as much as possible so it ran as quickly as possible :)

EDIT: though, technically, it is 50m from the point of search (the position of the streetlight), the lightpoint is less than a couple of metres from that (vertically) so should find it, am going to test..

The Tower lights is another step ahead with the way the lights are created and re-detected, I will go through the streetlights and re-do the code. I am also concerned that more than one lightpoint may be created, which would cause the range to reduce.

Reactions: Fox
Back