no... that's for PVP which is not what DayZ is about.
LOL! 99% of players at this present time would disagree....
The good old days....when people played TOGETHER to survive and not AGAINST each other...I miss those days....
...Wait...I run a strict PvE/teamwork/Co-Op server, so I guess I'm really trying to keep the original game play concept alive...
Regardless, I've enjoyed reading this thread so far and have heard the opinions from you guys. I think we are all on the cusp of what DayZ has been turned into and what the player base looks for in a server. The mods of the original mod are just what someone else described as, "People creating their own version of Rocket's vision." I'm all about features, keeping an active player community, adding, building, listening to new ideas, creating a better product as the time goes on.
I'm not sure about how I feel about the SA. When I first started playing DayZ it was just the original Official Hive DayZ. For me, it got boring very fast. AK's....AK's everywhere...the same guns, nothing new. Same locations, same buildings, same cars. I like to think of myself as a human and not a dog. Dogs eat the same shit for years, because they are a dog and don't know any better. After about 4 weeks I began to feel like a dog, same shit, different day.
There are going to be many keys for success with the SA and everyone and their mother will have an opinion about how the success will be achieved.
In my opinion keys to success are:
- Server Security
- Server/Gameplay stability
- Functionality of the game
- Features in game
- In-game options for players/characters
- The ability to continually develop the product toward some never ending goal to avoid the end of the tunnel. This can be acheived with addons/DLC's and updates.
I, myself, like being able to bloodbag others, but in the field, it's not possible. Maybe have a piece of equipment at the hospitals that require parts to fix it or power to use a blood transfusion machine. To get technical, if my blood level was down to 10,000 from 12,000, over time, my heart and body would reproduce blood to replace what was lost. This is how the game should be. There are features and implementations that can be done to further help the current things that push players away.
For me it is the zombies. I have AI on my server because the zombies are so far fetched and they act nothing like a zombie. Breaking your legs with 1 hit, knocking you down while being 5 meters away...it's a lot of the simple/small stuff that needs fixed.
Zombies...Zombies run around like they are professional soccer players and sprinters. Have you ever seen The Walking Dead? Of course you have. Those are zombies. Those are the zombies that are the basis for Zombie Lore.
I'm not meaning to rant, but there are obviously other fixes that need to be done besides also.
IMHO, this is the type of venture that Bethesda, Ubisoft, and DICE should be working on. Elder Scrolls online....what if it was DayZ made by Bethesda or Zenimax Studios....but it's not. The epic proportions of DayZ almost seems to be too much for Rocket and his team to achieve on their own. I have a feeling that no matter what, there will be more disappoointed fans that happy ones. Like someone else mentioned, within 6 months, a lot of people will give it up if new toys or features aren't introduced.
Guess I just wanted to share what I think.
In conclusion...I do want to thank everyone in this community who have contributed to what we have today. Thank you to Rocket for his original idea and the ability to put that into code for us all to enjoy.
Rocket, DayZ Dev team, Opendayz contributors, everyone, keep up the good work, because in the end/end of the day, I am grateful for it. Thanks.