Origins Server?

ok youngster... then please delete the keyfile... and set your verify signatures back to 0...and never touch this file again...
and be sure... i didnt have inserted this folder in first place... because its useless crap...
and i told you this before... but you didnt want to hear it...

and about another fix for this?... hambeast already did it... if you can read... you would already have found it... like others did too...

you kid wanna fuck with me?... then lets play...
You taking your ball and going in?

yes cortez... you're damn right.... a top view of a mexican on his bicycle...
How can you call anyone a kid or youngster with comments like that?
You seem 'special', are you?

ok so I know I've asked this before but has anyone found a workaround for the server crashes? It seems to happen 15 min after restart and 15 min before.

solution: restart every 14 min?

well not sure why your server is crashing hambeast. The files i am running seems to be rather stable at this point but might need to double check with alex on how stable his is. Mine does not see much traffic at all.

Ok, just read through all 70 pages again and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm having houses loosing their inventories on my server randomly. I can see the data in the row but for some odd reason it doesn't appear in game. For example;

Code:
[[["M4A1_HWS_GL","DMR","ItemToolbox","ItemGPS","ItemKnife","ItemCompass","ItemEtool","ItemMatchbox","M4A3_CCO_EP1","AK_107_kobra"],[2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1]],[["ItemJerrycanB","30Rnd_556x45_G36SD","ItemBloodbag","ItemPainkiller","ItemAntibiotic","ItemSodaPepsi","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","ItemSodaCoke","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","ItemLimestone","ItemRWood"],[1,3,3,4,3,1,1,1,4,6,3]],[["O_TravelerPack_1","O_MegaPack_1"],[1,1]]

Is the current inventory of a level 2 house on my server. It does not show up in game. My object_data inventory is set to longtext - 0.

Have I missed this fix again? Please help :)

Regards.

Ok, just read through all 70 pages again and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm having houses loosing their inventories on my server randomly. I can see the data in the row but for some odd reason it doesn't appear in game. For example;

Code:
'[[[\"M4A1_HWS_GL\",\"DMR\",\"ItemToolbox\",\"NVGoggles\",\"ItemGPS\",\"ItemKnife\",\"ItemCompass\",\"ItemEtool\",\"ItemMatchbox\",\"M4A3_CCO_EP1\",\"AK_107_kobra\"],[1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1]],[[\"ItemJerrycanB\",\"30Rnd_556x45_G36SD\",\"ItemBloodbag\",\"ItemPainkiller\",\"ItemAntibiotic\",\"ItemSodaPepsi\",\"Skin_Sniper1_DZ\",\"ItemSodaCoke\",\"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag\"],[1,3,3,4,3,1,1,1,4]],[[\"O_TravelerPack_1\"],[1]]]'

Is the current inventory of a level 2 house on my server. It does not show up in game. My object_data inventory is set to longtext - 0.

Have I missed this fix again? Please help :)

Regards.

Are those backslashes in the database ? This is an example of a Stage 2, Large Shed from my DB
Code:
[[["DMR","ItemMap","PK_DZ","Pecheneg_DZ","ori_vil_uzi_sd","M9SD","ItemKnife","ItemHatchet","ItemToolbox"],[1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1]],[["SmokeShell","ItemBloodbag","ItemBpt_h2","ItemSodaCoke","ItemAntibiotic","100Rnd_762x54_PK","HandGrenade_West","75Rnd_545x39_RPK","ItemBpt_g_b","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","5x_22_LR_17_HMR","10Rnd_762x54_SVD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemJerrycan","ItemJerrycanBEmpty","20Rnd_762x51_DMR","HandGrenade_East","30Rnd_9x19_MP5SD","30Rnd_545x39_AK","20Rnd_B_765x17_Ball","30Rnd_762x39_SA58","Ori_12Rnd_maka","10x_303","Ori_10Rnd_SKS","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","ItemJerrycanB","ItemWaterbottle","ItemRestTent","HandChemRed","ItemRocks","ItemPin","FoodCanFrankBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans"],[1,3,1,1,1,1,4,2,1,2,3,3,1,1,1,1,2,6,1,1,1,2,2,2,1,3,1,1,2,2,1,1,1,1]],[[],[]]]

No back slash, it could be a rogue bit of code or the data has been added by something else ?backslashes are used to escape (allow double quotes to be used in the code) for pretty much all languages..

Are those backslashes in the database ? This is an example of a Stage 2, Large Shed from my DB
Code:
[[["DMR","ItemMap","PK_DZ","Pecheneg_DZ","ori_vil_uzi_sd","M9SD","ItemKnife","ItemHatchet","ItemToolbox"],[1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1]],[["SmokeShell","ItemBloodbag","ItemBpt_h2","ItemSodaCoke","ItemAntibiotic","100Rnd_762x54_PK","HandGrenade_West","75Rnd_545x39_RPK","ItemBpt_g_b","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","5x_22_LR_17_HMR","10Rnd_762x54_SVD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemJerrycan","ItemJerrycanBEmpty","20Rnd_762x51_DMR","HandGrenade_East","30Rnd_9x19_MP5SD","30Rnd_545x39_AK","20Rnd_B_765x17_Ball","30Rnd_762x39_SA58","Ori_12Rnd_maka","10x_303","Ori_10Rnd_SKS","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","ItemJerrycanB","ItemWaterbottle","ItemRestTent","HandChemRed","ItemRocks","ItemPin","FoodCanFrankBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans"],[1,3,1,1,1,1,4,2,1,2,3,3,1,1,1,1,2,6,1,1,1,2,2,2,1,3,1,1,2,2,1,1,1,1]],[[],[]]]

No back slash, it could be a rogue bit of code or the data has been added by something else ?backslashes are used to escape (allow double quotes to be used in the code) for pretty much all languages..

Nah its added backslashes because of the way I copied it, my code looks the same as yours. The ONLY difference I can see between my broken houses, my working houses and your working house is a missing;

,[[],[]]]

At the end of the line of the broken ones. Is this the cause? If so why?

EDIT: Copied my code properly in my last post.

EDIT, EDIT: My guess seems wrong, someone logged in and has items in a house without the extra square brackets at the end.

Does seem rather odd that it would throw in random back slashs, had a quick spy at the 1 house on my server and its inv has been fine since it was made. Not reached stage two yet but for stage 1 the inv saving seems to be fine. The only time i can think that the server would ever wipe the house inv would be if the limit of how much space it could hold was reached or there was illegal weapons in it. Same way a backpack would wipe in dayz if u added too much in or messed up the string / illegal items were placed in it.

ok so I know I've asked this before but has anyone found a workaround for the server crashes? It seems to happen 15 min after restart and 15 min before.

solution: restart every 14 min?

You have to many slots, what CPU do you run? maybe lower it to 40?

You have to many slots, what CPU do you run? maybe lower it to 40?

running a intel xeon 1290-v2 @ 4+ ghz I don't think the slot count is an issue. I was able to host 75+ players with a bit of lag but no crashing.

the crashes happen anywhere from 15 - 50+ people.

I'll try reducing slot count from 99 to 64

running a intel xeon 1290-v2 @ 4+ ghz I don't think the slot count is an issue. I was able to host 75+ players with a bit of lag but no crashing.

the crashes happen anywhere from 15 - 50+ people.

I'll try reducing slot count from 99 to 64
I would recommend you to only run 40-50slots with that CPU.

I would recommend you to only run 40-50slots with that CPU.

the 1290-v2 is the fastest intel e3 process on the market. Their highest clocking xeon processor that I am aware of.

Never had this issue with regular dayz servers at that capacity (99).

Also I am getting memory address errors. I doubt that the processor is the culprit here

Dump Summary
------------
Exception Code:0xC0000005
Exception Information:The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Heap Information:Not Present

from the a2 log file:
Mods: @dayz_1.origins.tavi
Distribution: 0
Version 1.62.102285
Fault address: 62DD9B98 01:00078B98 C:\dayz\origins\@dayz_1.origins.tavi\HiveEXT.dll
file: dayz_1.origins
world: tavi
Prev. code bytes: CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC 55 8B EC 2B 4D 08 78 0D
Fault code bytes: DD 04 CD 70 11 ED 62 DC 08 DD 18 5D C3 DD 00 BA

Registers:
EAX:00A8958C EBX:106A5F20
ECX:000BADB7 EDX:00000000
ESI:00A8968C EDI:00A89874
CS:EIP:0023:62DD9B98
SS:ESP:002B:00A89568 EBP:00A89568
DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B
Flags:00010206
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file dayz_1.origins.tavi\arma2oaserver.mdmp

It could be related to the house saving issue that some people seem to be having. my guess is its trying to read something on start up that would cause it to crash out. same reason your player houses have trouble saving with a string that is cocked up. Might be worth seeing if u have a log of all player house strings trying to be saved to the database so you can take a look at the ones failing and see if they are mangled.

It could be related to the house saving issue that some people seem to be having. my guess is its trying to read something on start up that would cause it to crash out. same reason your player houses have trouble saving with a string that is cocked up. Might be worth seeing if u have a log of all player house strings trying to be saved to the database so you can take a look at the ones failing and see if they are mangled.

ok I created a trigger that will store the inventory on updates to the object_data table into a logging table.

Are you guys running the latest a2oa beta? I tried to update today and it told me I had a bad cd key... not sure whats going on with that...

There was a post out saying that you should NOT update to the latest beta patch, it is throwing random script errors for normal dayz and arma. Im using a rather old beta patch atm >.<

There was a post out saying that you should NOT update to the latest beta patch, it is throwing random script errors for normal dayz and arma. Im using a rather old beta patch atm >.<

well that's a relief.

Now I'm thinking this could be related to the way I restart the dayz server... I am running my dayz server exe's as a firedaemon service.

I have batch scripts that call "stop dayzOrigins" to stop the service, then I call "start dayzOrigins" 15 seconds later. Is it possible that this is the cause? I never experienced an issue with this with dayz vanilla.

I guess I could try the old BE shutdown but I had issues with it before.

He needs to calm the hell down. Yes there are two files linking to the same thing but only 1 should never run. I forgot to remove the one in the BASTARDS folder but should not make much difference because everything should be pointing to the one in the debug folder. It's a simple mistake and one that i overlooked.

Thanks for clearing it up.
I will remove the unneeded file.

I think your referring to the one in the Fix folder.

Back