[Release] BaseBuilding 1.2 Improvements 0.1 (better and editable Keycode, permanent Owner)

I think i have found my issue it with the editing of the codes.
This is whats happening to me

1. I place a sandbag down it gives me code 4567 I restart the server. I remove sandbag with code 4567 the sandbag gets removed form the database.

2 I place sandbag down gives me the code 4567 I then edit the code to 1111 then remove the sandbag with code 1111 it dose not get removed from the database.

3 I place the sandbag down it gives me the code 4567 I then restart the server edit the code to 1111 then remove the sandbag and it dose not get removed from the database.

after a server restart editing the code of an object is duping it in the database every time i edit the code it adds a new row with all the same information except the pass code in the fuel.

so I tested building something then restarting then editing the code then restarting and then removing and I havnt had a issue with the stuff coming back but also I should note I didn't do anything with the admin over ride that's disabled so maybe that has something to do with it? so far no matter what I put down or edit if I removc it no matter what it doesn't come back unless im not doing what u guys are

"so I tested building something then restarting then editing the code then restarting and then removing"

That works fine. The issue is building then restarting then editing the code every time i edit the code at this point it dupes in the database
To disable edit the code comment out lines 269 thought 310 of fn_selfActions.sqf

hm I just built then restarted then edited the code and it didn't dupe in my database am I supposed to remove it at some point?

ya tried it again restarted changed the code and didn't dupe in db but like I said I didn't put my admin guid in the 2 files that's still disabled on my end maybe that could be it?

hmm did u add any other scripts after u put this in? I started from scratch then added his updated building files and stuffs been working fine just adding things 1 at a time so far ive added blood bag and towing with no issues
are u on day.st? or another host can u tell me what item was duping? maybe ill build the one u did and try it

I'm on a dedicated server database running off the same box item was corrugate fence I've deleted my database
re importing the epoch.sql then re importing the data via query will see how it goes.

Rite i see the problem i just don't know how to fix.
I edit the code of a wall.

14:14:31 "DELETE: Deleted by ID: 129"
14:14:34 "DEBUG: Checking if Object: 28486b00# 1055511: fort_bagfence_long.p3d is allowed published by Server"
14:14:34 "DEBUG: Object: 28486b00# 1055511: fort_bagfence_long.p3d published by Server is Safe"

id 129 (the wall) has been deleted it has re created the wall with a new pass code with id 131.

I enter the new pass code then remove the wall.

14:14:31 "DELETE: Deleted by ID: 129"
14:14:34 "DEBUG: Checking if Object: 28486b00# 1055511: fort_bagfence_long.p3d is allowed published by Server"
14:14:34 "DEBUG: Object: 28486b00# 1055511: fort_bagfence_long.p3d published by Server is Safe"

Its didn't try and delete id 131 it tried to delete id 129 again.

I have no clue why its doing this. and only to me :mad::confused:

Good work mate, I was wondering do you have a list of files you've editted so we can do a merge rather than using your .pbo as a basis?

Thanks.

kik im having problems with the base stuff shifting every restart on epoch/cherno any idea why or how to fix?

kik im having problems with the base stuff shifting every restart on epoch/cherno any idea why or how to fix?

Thats nothing which is caused by my additions, its caused by the arma engine.

The only thing you can do is build on good and flat terrain and turn the simulation off for every buildable. For the normal basebuilding mod this would cause that the code would stop working, but though my system isn't related on the position of the objects this makes no effect at the code thing.

Does this work for Taviana 1.7.4.4. ? I got basebuilding 1.2 fully working. And if I install this, do I only have to do what you say on the first post?

Does this work for Taviana 1.7.4.4. ? I got basebuilding 1.2 fully working. And if I install this, do I only have to do what you say on the first post?

As discussed on this thread the most people say that it doesn't work for them on reality or other serverbuild than Epoch Build. I'm too busy to test it myself but I trust em if they say it does not work on other builds.

As also already said in this thread I will try to port and change the thing to use custom database queries with CHILD:999 when I have time to do so. This should then work on every serverbuild which has the CHILD:999 function (Epoch Hive doesn't have that currently).

However you can try to implement it but you have to use the merge tutorial and not the mentioned epoch tutorial...

Back