[Release] mmmyum's zed changes - quantity, AI, spawning, permaLoot, permaZeds& more

As am I, that's the version/number I was meant to put in my post above. I wasn't sure what it was until I checked again afterwards.

With my case, I've got it all working now, except for the custom skins. I said that regular skins wouldn't work, but now they seem to. I'm not sure why the custom skins thing does not work.

The custom skins is an additional addon, did you make sure your client is running the same mod?

Positive. I could obtain them, just not put them on. When trying to run this, default clothing packages had the same problem. (Wear button did nothing)

Edit;
Just as more info, I could find other clothing packages on dead zeds (same chance as normal loot on zeds I guess) of things I didn't recognize as regular DayZ things, and this is the only clothing script I have running. The item itself looked like a clothing package (same as camo or ghillie). I could move these items in to my inventory, and when clicking on them, the two options were 'Wear' or 'Create Canvass'. Clicking either of these buttons did not do anything at all.
This also happend to stock clothing (Ghillie, camo, survivor). I had obtained a ghillie suit and was unable to put it on.

I think I could go without the extra skins for now. I've got the server working again with all of this except for the secondary skins, which is fine.

Would still like to know if it's possible/where I could turn off those messages that appear on the screen. Any ideas with this one?

OK guys. Let me clear some things up. Yes this code was made for 1.7.6 - I've not tested in 1.7.7, but from the looks of things, they've moved around just about everything, and renamed a bunch of things - almost like they were trying to break a lot of community scripts :). There are a few things in the update that I'm interested in, but I'm very busy and might not get to it for a while -- and I might just cherry pick the good things and frankenstein my setup. So stick to 1.7.6 for now, unless you desparately want to upgrade to 1.7.7 - then I wish you good luck with getting these scripts set up.

Update coming later this week most likely, some new methods and much optimization. moving zombies instead of despawning and respawning, cacheing zombies, zombies don't spawn in water anymore, radius/density/maxzeds set by location type, reexamining zombie movements (if you have any animations for lunge or stumble, please send), mutliple versions of zombie movement addon for varying speeds, fixed skins addon (remove canvas option, remove 3 buggy skins, first set of original skins maybe).
In testing phase now.

@DirtySnipe
So you've got them working, but they're running - are they doing the animation? Change the foceSpeed values in zombie_agent maybe. I am experimenting with getting a sort of stumble run animation for when they chase you as well. And no loot - maybe the building types in my loot script are wrong, but maybe you just need to use the old method to spawn loot cause its tavi? Try comparing your spawn_loot.sqf from tavi to mine. Can you pm me more of that error about the loot?

@Justin Barnes - oh they're a huge threat, believe me. With the knockdown and the high level of damage, they get quite dangerous. And I'm working on them moving a bit faster when chasing you. And finally - they are only this slow for my testing phase, I will be releasing multiple versions of the addon for various speeds. Probably this is the most requested (by mod makers too), so it's coming very soon!

@rossymond
:D thanks.

@angry pineapple
Thanks! Glad you like it! control_zombieAgent actually doesn't do anything, and will be removed from the next update!
The code you want is in player_zombieCheck I believe. I've doubled the distance for detection, but you can drop it - see the parts where I've added a * 2 to dayz_disAudial and dayz_disVisual (think those are the names of the variables).

@LexGaming -
1.7.7: Untested, won't be supported by me for at least a month.

@robhimself -
Please come by my teamspeak, I'm glad I could bring ya back! I don't think it will work with 1.7.7 without at the very least renaming some files. I'd recommend switching back to 1.7.6.1, but if you're competent with arma scripting and want to stick to 1.7.7 I can give you a hand with trying to get it to work - on condition that you come back to this thread and release it! :)

@Bejasc3D
Awesome work! Glad you god it working!!
To turn down the number of zeds - open variables.sqf and change maxLocalZombies - should be around 95 in my release. Drop it as you see fit. But - also in zombie_agent.fsm, there is a setting for max sleeping zombies (sleeping zombies take very little CPU but the real max number of zombies is maxLocalZombies + sleepingZombies.
(one other thing - maxZeds and maxGlobalZeds should be around 200-500 and 2000-5000 or so - otherwise it is possible that a player logs in to a full server and gets no zombies)
EDIT: it's early, just read more of your post - looks like you solved a lot of your problems, good work.
The debug messages are also in zombie_agent.fsm, find the cutText with the bit that you want to disable and just comment it out.
Finally, clothing - are you sure you included my player_wearClothes.sqf? You might have to muck about in fixing it if it is somehow broken, but I believe it's on the github under the additional folder, just copy it to your fixes and make sure it's overriding when you load the mission. It works great for me though - though in the addon there are 3 pieces of clothing that are buggy on my server and tp you to the ocean.
Create canvas or whatever that other option is - that's just leftover from me being an idiot and not removing a line from the cfg in the addon - it does nothing as far as I can tell, and doesn't break anything either. Don't worry about it for now.

Really looking forward to that update, especially the varied speeds.

I'll play around with hiding the messages tomorrow, or perhaps ill leave them on, because they dont seem to spawn in for about two or three minutes, and it serves as a bit of an indicator that they have actually spawned.

As for the clothing, I think I'll leave it now (default works after some screwing around). this is the most complicated of the scripts I've installed, so I might wait until you've got a release for 1.7.7, and use this as the very first script to go in, and build up again from there. Should give a chance for all the other scripts to update too, if they haven't already.

For now though, I'm more than happy with 1.7.6, eager to see what you'll come out with soon

Test server is live with first really functional version that includes the teleport fix. I will be tweaking over the next two days, if you play please let me know what you notice. Github will be updated as soon as I feel it's working well :)

Been playing on the last release you did over the past 4 or 5 days. Got to say it makes it a lot more fun for me. A few friends and I have started up a camp of sorts on the coast, and we notice Zombies have either been spawning above the water prone, or in the water. This happens by the dozens.

I thought I'd let you know in case you didn't already know.

How's the progress on all your changes etc?

Fix for that coming in the new update. Its live on my server for testing, instructions to join are somewhere in the thread :) glad you're enjoying it! The update is almost ready.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'll see if I can get on to it later today. This is the most fun I've had on DayZ in a while. Looking forward to the update :)

I've dissected the hell out of this code and can't seem to figure it out so any guidance would be much appreciated. On my server, Zed spawns are OUTRAGEOUS. By the time you kill them all they will have already respawned. Is there a way to modify this file to completely remove zed respawns after you've killed a city? Could I halt spawns for, say, 15 minutes or until a player leaves a certain radius.
Lastly, what portion of these files would I modify to reduce the min and max zombies that each building/area spawns? Would appreciate any and all help.

So, is it released? Is it still for DayZ 1.7.6.1 ? Can someone post some recent info? Thanks in advance!

Not that I know of. mmyum has been AWOL for a couple of weeks. Not really sure what he is doing.

With his help, I started work on a similar zed system. He is good, wish he was around lol.

I have not seen mmmyum in quite some time now. It was strange. We were getting really close to finishing InvasionZ, then all of the sudden he stopped responding to anything and dissapeared. Soon after, his teamspeak went away. I am actually a bit worried about him as he did not seem the type to just dissapeare especially with such a major project practically finished ready for release besides compiles that he had put a ton of time and effort into making a good product. I was paying him as he completed thing, so its not like he ripped me off or anything either. He earned all of the money that I payed him to help me in the creation of InvasionZ. I would really like it if he would come back too so we can finally release this. I would do it myself, but i just started college for my Associates in Arts with a focus in Technology/ Programming, also i do not have the same extensive SQF knowledge that mmmyum has to finish what he was in the middle of when he left. I have not heard from gdscei in a while either.

I have not seen mmmyum in quite some time now. It was strange. We were getting really close to finishing InvasionZ, then all of the sudden he stopped responding to anything and dissapeared. Soon after, his teamspeak went away. I am actually a bit worried about him as he did not seem the type to just dissapeare especially with such a major project practically finished ready for release besides compiles that he had put a ton of time and effort into making a good product. I was paying him as he completed thing, so its not like he ripped me off or anything either. He earned all of the money that I payed him to help me in the creation of InvasionZ. I would really like it if he would come back too so we can finally release this. I would do it myself, but i just started college for my Associates in Arts with a focus in Technology/ Programming, also i do not have the same extensive SQF knowledge that mmmyum has to finish what he was in the middle of when he left. I have not heard from gdscei in a while either.

His teamspeak is back, but is missing the InvasionZ developer group, and the other secret one...

Hey all, I helped mmmyum write a lot of the scripts in this addon, and have a pretty good idea how everything works. I haven't heard from him either since I got sick a month or so ago and couldn't keep working on this. Since we worked together on this, I wouldn't feel right about releasing anything in mmmyum's absence, but I'm willing to help people get it working and fix things here and there.

I hope everything is alright with him. Maybe he needed a break.

I started dreaming about if and then statements a while back and had to step away for a bit haha.

Isathar, that is how I have felt about InvasionZ since his absence. I want to complete it, but so much of the code and work is mmmyums, I wish he was around not only to make things easier but also to take the credit for it. I miss him :( and Purplish, that is very curious about the teamspeak. It makes no sense, I really doubt he would be trying to fool all of the people he has made friends with here, but why is that teamspeak open again? Its clearly being used for Dayz purposes also.

Back