[SUPPORT] - Sheeps Epoch Repack

just checked. video processing. Yes, you do spawn in the water, with the black box effect. But that is during the ESS loading. It takes FRIGGIN FOREVER for the server to load in all that crap.
But it DOES in fact work.

These two files match the dialog names?
qMXKocq.png

Hmm thats interesting, When i spawn i get to pick my character and then it pops up E_spawn_dialog missing and it just keeps looping. I have checked both the entries and they both mach from your fix download.

this little event has taken me away from my 'cowcycle' project which will revolutionize the deploy bike script.
MbPYxSY.png

But here is the video showing the infamous 'Black Box' effect using both the broken scripts and the fixed scripts.
You are still going to spawn out there, the ESS just intercepts the spawning, creates the dialog boxes and then teleports you to where you want to go. Those unwanted effects is what prevents me from using ESS, if it were to catch the spawning beforehand or actually remain blacked out then it would be better. Perhaps that is what ESS v2 does?

for completeness I am including the file fix image I posted above
qMXKocq.png

Last edited:
Hmm thats interesting, When i spawn i get to pick my character and then it pops up E_spawn_dialog missing and it just keeps looping. I have checked both the entries and they both mach from your fix download.

In your mpmissions folder, if you have both the 'folder' and the 'pbo', delete the pbo to ensure the changed files are being forced.

Just watched your video and mine is still stuck on the first part and i have completely reinstalled my server and downloaded you fix and deleted my old character from the database

Then you better post your mission files. I have to go to work so ... I am out of the loop for the day.

But since it has been shown to work (that was the first time I ever downloaded it so I had no previous installs) I suggest that you verify that the correct files are being used. This can be difficult sometimes. The best way is to put this line in the spawn.sqf file right above where we edit the dialog name.

diag_log "DEBUGGING: SPAWN.SQF EXECUTED";

and then check your rpt log to ensure that line is outputted.

I realize you will say "but I have done all that and I am sure its correct" .. but obviously its not correct ..
( ^^^ not an l337 coder comment, just an observation)

LOL .. I LOVE the bunny bombs! I had actually gotten the idea from a wasteland mission called chocoland. It also featured exploding animals. I was thinking that you could attach a satchel charge to a goat too and send it on its way with a waypoint and then detonate remotely.

Just one more question, how do i access the admin tools? i have added my uid and so on, what key do i press ingame?

if both the folder and pbo are in the mpmissions, it uses the pbo. so you,always have to repack the folder after edits or just never have the pbo and always use the folder.
fyi, the dayz_server MUST be a pbo
(but not the mission)

if you have the admin tools configured correctly and enabled then it should scroll up on a mouse wheel menu

btw:I made the edits to my forked revision of sheeps repack and then created a pull request so the fix should be imported into the master repository shortly.
I am curious about ESS v2 so this afternoon I may install that into my repository and see if we can get that pulled into the master also

Since we were discussing the ESS. Is it that people PREFER that menu to the spawn selection menu? I have this running on my server, and am going to change the locations to include some central and northern ones.

hHkAhox.png

ess v2 is great .. loving it .. except it does occasionally knock players on when parachuting , like one out of 50 .. but I call it a feature and ignore lol

[QUOTE="ebay, post:

I think parachutes are bugged since the 125548 patch. In 125555 patch they were not deleting at all, now they randomly kill people sometimes when they open chute for no reason. I did everything I can to prevent that though. I even nullify fnc_usec_damageHandler and run player allowDamage false; on loop every .1 seconds with the altitude cutText once free fall starts. That is partly to prevent damage from bumping the plane when you eject, but also to stop the parabug killing you when you open chute. However, inifiSTAR anti-godmode will run player allowDamage true; and reset fnc_usec_damageHandler on loop every frame, so it may not always work unless you add an exception for it.[/QUOTE]

What should put in for the exception ?? and where ?? :)

Back