Airdrop script (WIP) need a bit of help ...

i tried this already, i cant make it work ... show me a working example pls
edit:
aparently what i wantet to do is not even possible ... maybe this is possible and someone can show me how to do it on this example:
Code:
closedialog 0;[/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S]titleText ["Click On The Map", "PLAIN DOWN"]; titleFadeOut 4;[/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S]openMap [true, false];[/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S]Map_to_pos = {[/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S]    _pos = [_this select 0, _this select 1, _this select 2] execVM "scripts\scriptiwanttoex.sqf";[/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S]    onMapSingleClick "";[/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S]    openMap [false, false];[/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S]};[/S][/S][/S]
[S][S][S]onMapSingleClick "[_pos select 0, _pos select 1, _pos select 2] call Map_to_pos;";
nvm ... i figured it out now, i had and #include to point to a path, but aparently i had placed it wrong.

i will upload the new version tomorrow i think

edit:
i know i said tomorrow, but unfortunatly i had a minor bug i had to get rid of first ... it should be fixed now tho and im currently doing last tests
all settings are in one file now and i had never imagined that i had so many costimization posibilitys in this ... however, this will be very easy to setup and edit to anyones liking now and i made comments on all the settings so it should be understanderble for anyone

added in so it will be easy to change the item needed to achive the drop and the item to get the advanced debug and drop control - text in messages will detect item needed and change acordingly

also, combat check in airdropp.sqf has been changed and now supports before 1.8code, 1.8+code and off function (also set in settings file)

the merlins blowing up randomly dosnt seem to be a problem anymore either ... (i guess it dropped the package too close before i changed it)

weapons/magazine changer on the randombox - control what you do not (or do) want in the boxes, with easy settings

i already made settings files ready for epoch taviana and cherno OW and i belive geekgarage will post his settings file for epoch cherno at some point, when i post this

minor mistake i made in the_box files ... "setVariable["Sarge",1]" should be "setVariable["Sarge",1,true]", sorry about that, i noticed when an airdrop car killed me after installing it with sarge exceptions instead of commenting out in server files ... besides this, everything should work as intended now

How did you whitelist this to battleye filters
Code:
Condition RemoteExec Restriction #0 ["true", ""] [6:12 group, 1]
I deleted waypointcondition and it's not in remoteexec...

You need to add an entry to the end of the first line in remoteexec.txt. I would guess that you are using setWaypointStatements on at least one of your waypoints.

I would advise using a unique name during your waypoint creation e.g.
Code:
_axeMsgWP = _axeBusGroup addWaypoint [[6586.8374, 2887.9175,_axWPZ], _axeBusWPradius,_axeBusWPIndex];

I then added the waypoint statement with:
Code:
_axeMsgWP setWaypointStatements ["true", format ["[this,""%1""] execVM ""bus\bus_message.sqf""", "the Epoch trader bus service."]];

Then using the unique name, in my case _axeMsgWP add this to the end of the remotexec.txt:
Code:
!"_axeMsgWP setWaypointStatements ["true", \"\"]"

Obviously, change _axeMsgWP to the name of your own waypoint. For some reason the code within the trigger is not passed to the BE Log, works for me..

thanks for that axeman ... my waypointstatements are rather simple, it just looks like this:
Code:
_wp setWaypointStatements ["true", "HALV_says_DROPNOW_random=true"];
im not sure but if i understand axeman right, then it should look something like this:
Code:
!"_wp setWaypointStatements ["true", \"\"]"
?

Is their a way to add map markers for the drop locations? If so, please share.

Also, can I add multiple item requirements to fix the laptop, like this?
_kitItem = ["equip_scrapelectronics","equip_floppywire"];

Is their a way to add map markers for the drop locations? If so, please share.

Also, can I add multiple item requirements to fix the laptop, like this?
_kitItem = ["equip_scrapelectronics","equip_floppywire"];

I figured out how to add multiple items. I just created additional _kitItem.

Still interesting in the map markers.

tbh i dont think a marker is a good thing ... and it will not be something i make for this.

1 if you marked the spot more ppl would notice every time a drop was called in. (not necessarily a bad thing, but i doubt players will actually enjoy that).
2 it should be enough with smoke and flares while dropping and the hint in the corner with grid cords+smoke and flare again when it lands.

also, if you have a radio while calling in the drop, you get the small debug with info about speed, distance and gridcords picture of the plane (and vehicle if its a vehicle drop) live ...

if you still really want this, i guess you could draw local markers to not alert all players, but again ... imho this will make it way too easy to find then and you could just drop it in a random spot and go straight out and find it after.

my players has no problems calling in or finding the drops as is ... imho it makes no sense that you want more items to make it harder to achive the drop but you want to place a marker to find it easier when it dropped?
besides, this would also need more code to draw and remove markers ... might as well leave it as it is then.

Hi Halv!

I loved airdrop when playing on both the Chernarus and Lingor you host(ed). Now I'm trying to set up my own server from scratch at home mostly for fun.

Does the https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8fUlKbv9mi2ZUJKaV9uTF9KajQ/edit?usp=sharing hold all the files i need to put this on my Chernarus Epoch server?

I'm also wondering if you're willing to share both the admin tool and the debug monitor you're using?

Thanks in advance!

//Zaphoo aka. "Solid Ghekko"

How could i go about blocking certain locations on the map for the Arty drops? That way people dont destroy donator bases.

*Fixed*

Very nice script btw. Lovin it. Now to figure out how to customize the box contents for Overwatch.

Last edited:
sorry, never had a panthera server ...

go to the editor, create center, crate group, crate unit and place some on your map where you want them, then save and copy paste from the misson.sqf file

Code:
//Laptops for air drop (Panthera)
if (isServer) then {
//Vatra
_vehicle_132 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Notebook", [797.1145, 9430.5391, 9.7911367], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_132 = _this;
  _this setDir -171.4873;
  _this setPos [797.1145, 9430.5391, 9.7911367];
};
//Arnoldstein
_vehicle_133 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Notebook", [4303.5576, 7484.1021, 9.7947178], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_133 = _this;
  _this setDir 89.662224;
  _this setPos [4303.5576, 7484.1021, 9.7947178];
};
//FOB Boriana
_vehicle_134 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Notebook", [2597.8726, 3425.3208, 9.7991323], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_134 = _this;
  _this setDir -2.4072075;
  _this setPos [2597.8726, 3425.3208, 9.7991323];
};
};

For the airports :)

ok hi every 1, due 2 the fact that im a slight noob, does any 1 have a tuturial kinda thing, the server im installing it on does have infistar installed, and hosted by Survival Servers. the map is chernarus, and epoch version 1.4.0.2 ?? help apperichiated ^^

Back