Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

Hey,

first of all sry for my poor english, but i hope you can understand me anyway ^^

I finally have run the Mod on my 1.7.7.1 Chernarus Server and everything is working perfect. There is just a little problem with the Booby Traps. There only blow up if the player who built them is near to them, for everybody else it is harmless. I dont know where to look at to fox it, hope somebody can help me.

Greetings and Thanks

Shoot one of your database saved objects (not one you have built before the server has restarted) with a machine gun, satchel charges or a hatchet, is it destroyed?

The booby traps issue seems to be related to a variable not being broadcast to everyone, I gave up looking at it. Bear traps were removed from dayz for the same reason iirc

Shoot one of your database saved objects (not one you have built before the server has restarted) with a machine gun, satchel charges or a hatchet, is it destroyed?

i´ve just tested it. I have build something near an object somebody else did and blow it up with a satchel, shoot at it with a MK48 and with a hatchet and it was still there. Mine object was before the restart and the other one after.

i´ve just tested it. I have build something near an object somebody else did and blow it up with a satchel, shoot at it with a MK48 and with a hatchet and it was still there. Mine object was before the restart and the other one after.

Hmm that is strange, because when I remove the additions kikyou made to the script I am still seeing the same problem. Anything built that is loaded straight from the database after restart is destructable. If the other user had rebuilt their object since the server restarted I also believe it would not be destroyable.

If you dont mind sharing your dayz_code directory with me from your mission file and maybe your dayz_server pbo that would be helpful. I've already reinstalled this addon from scratch 3 times now since 1.7.7.1 really don't want to do it a 4th!

My file matches yours :/

What do you have in publicvariablevar.txt mine is empty.... my other two publicvariable files I posted already.

I didn't have a file, so I created an empty one, but it didn't make a difference, still the same kick for publicvariable #0

My 30m_plot_kit comes out as a small cargo container, I'm sure that isn't right, is it?
And I get a code of removal that's like over 7+ digits to remove it.

In my SQL Database I've noticed that my ObjectUID is giving out numbers like "1209699151510"

Okay, I got in my server finally, I have all the necessary items to build something, but the build button is whited out, and I cannot click it.

EDIT: Got it working.

If your build button is white you have to:
Have the exact number of items in your inventory, if it says 1 sandbag, you can only have 1 sandbag, and the rest is empty slots, or it wont work!
Perfect thx! thats my problem hehe, now with the exact number of items in your inventory works perfect!

Anyone have problems with other users being able to remove objects deployed by you without accessing the keycode menu?

If a player scrolls on my wall, he can see the "remove wall" from the scroll menu, I thought that's for the builder only?

Anyone have problems with other users being able to remove objects deployed by you without accessing the keycode menu?

If a player scrolls on my wall, he can see the "remove wall" from the scroll menu, I thought that's for the builder only?

Tell him to press the option. Different code is triggered dependent on if you are owner or not once you do.

Tell him to press the option. Different code is triggered dependent on if you are owner or not once you do.

I just built a wall, and the player beside me was able to remove it just by scrolling and clicking on "remove wall". He didn't have to access the keypad.

This doesn't help me, cause that means anyone can remove my buildings.

I just built a wall, and the player beside me was able to remove it just by scrolling and clicking on "remove wall". He didn't have to access the keypad.

This doesn't help me, cause that means anyone can remove my buildings.

I guess you made a mistake somewhere then maybe fn_selfActions.sqf, I've never seen that issue.

For me everyone has a remove option, for owners they get the items back etc. For everyone else its the regular toolbox removal with percentage chance to fail.

Ok Guys, finaly ive got it. Im so happy and a little be proud of myself. Im running a reality Server. For all of the people who think they have a bliss Server because, ask ur provider, so like me. There stay @bliss but its an Reality. By the Way i wanna thanks to seaweeduk, he helped me a lot. Thx buddy.
So now what have i did so its works. Maybe i should begin by my mistakes. After reading Daimyo helpful work, i made some noob mistake because dont know much about scripting. my First mistake was this:
//Dog
//player removeAction s_player_tamedog;
//s_player_tamedog = -1;
player removeAction s_player_feeddog;
s_player_feeddog = -1;
player removeAction s_player_waterdog;
s_player_waterdog = -1;
player removeAction s_player_staydog;
s_player_staydog = -1;
player removeAction s_player_trackdog;
s_player_trackdog = -1;
player removeAction s_player_barkdog;
s_player_barkdog = -1;
player removeAction s_player_warndog;
s_player_warndog = -1;
player removeAction s_player_followdog;
s_player_followdog = -1;

// ### BASE BUILDING 1.2 ### Add in these:
// ### START ###
player removeAction s_player_codeRemove;
s_player_codeRemove = -1;
player removeAction s_player_forceSave;
s_player_forceSave = -1;
player removeAction s_player_disarmBomb;
s_player_disarmBomb = -1;
player removeAction s_player_codeObject;
s_player_codeObject = -1;
player removeAction s_player_enterCode;
s_player_enterCode = -1;
player removeAction s_player_smeltRecipes;
s_player_smeltRecipes = -1;
player removeAction s_player_smeltItems;
s_player_smeltItems = -1;
// ### BASE BUILDING 1.2 ### Add in these:
// ### END ###
};

In Daimyos List stays that u have to put this lines TO THE BUTTOM, but that doesnt work, it must before the sign.
That was my first Mistake.
After talking with seaweeduk he told me that i had to do these three Things:

http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/page-38#post-56237
http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/page-39#post-56737
http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/page-39#post-56996

I made all of it, but it doesnt works. i was really pissed about it. And today i read the whole Thread again and bang i saw why i cant work. Really if u see it u will say, yes fucking fuck fuck, thats it.

Its in here:
http://opendayz.net/threads/base-building-dayz-1-2-released.8579/page-2#post-37

check_publishobject = {
private["_allowed","_allowedObjects","_object"];

_object = _this select 0;
_playername = _this select 1;
_allowedObjects = ["TentStorage", "Hedgehog_DZ", "Sandbag1_DZ","TrapBear","Wire_cat1"];
_allowed = false;

diag_log format ["DEBUG: Checking if Object: %1 is allowed published by %2", _object, _playername];

if ((typeOf _object) in _allowedObjects || (typeOf _object) in allbuildables_class) then {
diag_log format ["DEBUG: Object: %1 published by %2 is Safe",_object, _playername];
_allowed = true;
};

_allowed
};

Did u see it, maybe a little help? Help like this:

SafeObjects = ["Land_Fire_DZ","TentStorage",
"Hedgehog_DZ", "Sandbag1_DZ", "TrapBear", "Wire_cat1", "StashSmall",
"StashMedium", "Grave", "Concrete_Wall_EP1", "Infostand_2_EP1",
"WarfareBDepot", "Base_WarfareBBarrier10xTall", "WarfareBCamp",
"Base_WarfareBBarrier10x", "Land_fortified_nest_big",
"Land_Fort_Watchtower", "Land_fort_rampart_EP1", "Land_HBarrier_large",
"Land_fortified_nest_small", "Land_BagFenceRound",
"Land_fort_bagfence_long", "Land_Misc_Cargo2E",
"Misc_Cargo1Bo_military", "Ins_WarfareBContructionSite", "Land_pumpa",
"Land_CncBlock", "Misc_cargo_cont_small_EP1", "Land_prebehlavka",
"Fence_corrugated_plate", "ZavoraAnim", "Land_tent_east",
"Land_CamoNetB_EAST", "Land_CamoNetB_NATO", "Land_CamoNetVar_EAST",
"Land_CamoNetVar_NATO", "Land_CamoNet_EAST", "Land_CamoNet_NATO",
"Fence_Ind_long", "Fort_RazorWire", "Fence_Ind"];

Finally i put all of this, without "SafeObjects =" into the line frome the allowed Objects and load it up. It works, all is written in the DB. I dont need to say that i used Daimyos DB or?

Back