Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

Hi all, interesting thread. So I've kind-of got this working on my test Overwatch server, along with Sarge, Missions, and deployable bike mods.

I can build, save to db, remove from db, add new buildables to recipes. All is fine.

The one thing I can't test until I install it into my live environment is if players can remove others players stuff. Looking at the player_remove.sqf I don't see anything in there to stop anyone removing anything... certainly on my test server if I play with a different survivor id I can still remove items from my previous lives. Can someone explain to me the part of the code in player_remove.sqf which is supposed to prevent this?

Not sure why you would be able to remove things from a previous life, unless you've changed it to store owner ID as player UID instead of survivor ID. Or if you run an SQL updater to update ownership of deployable items upon death of a character.

The player_remove is structured to allow anybody the option to remove any base building item. However, if they don't own it, they only have a chance of successfully removing said item. There is also a chance that if they fail, they will lose their toolbox.

Thanks for your reply. The only things i've changed in my player_remove.sql (in addition to the official doco) are the calls to the new PVDZ_obj_Delete function, on lines 97 and 378. But code below line 374 doesn't seem to get called anyway. On line 158 the following code:

Code:
_validObject = _obj getVariable ["validObject",false];
if (removeObject && _validObject) then {
    call _func_ownerRemove;
};

if ( _ownerID == dayz_characterID ) then {
    call _func_ownerRemove;
};

hmmm. it looks like the second conditional will never get called? where is it getting removeObject from? Sorry my scripting is not so good.

Well this basebuilding is not made for 1.7.7.1 files.... b4 rosska85 helped me out... hope he will help you aswell... or if u want i can send to you my working files... mission and server

For everyone asking about a fix for save/remove to db - for overwatch 0.2.4/vanilla 1.7.7.1 take your player_build.sqf and remove.sqf from dayz_code.pbo and compare them to the corresponding scripts supplied with the mod, and it will become obvious what undocumented changes are required.

For everyone asking about a fix for save/remove to db - for overwatch 0.2.4/vanilla 1.7.7.1 take your player_build.sqf and remove.sqf from dayz_code.pbo and compare them to the corresponding scripts supplied with the mod, and it will become obvious what undocumented changes are required.

If you mean the public variable changes, he's already using my 1.8 files which have the public variable changes included in them. :)

So, I'm a little stuck. I have installed Basebuilding, and I can build it's not saving to the database... Running overwatch 0.2.4 , with kikyou2's improvements. Not sure what to provide so here are my PBOs.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/560pdq24g9vbibb/96sET-TLMp

I've never used overwatch, or Kikyou's improvements (couldn't ever get them to function properly). I've downloaded your files though and I'll take a look through them on my local server to see if I can find where it's going wrong. :)

So, I'm a little stuck. I have installed Basebuilding, and I can build it's not saving to the database... Running overwatch 0.2.4 , with kikyou2's improvements. Not sure what to provide so here are my PBOs.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/560pdq24g9vbibb/96sET-TLMp

Sorry for delay man, having some troubles actually getting the server to let me connect. But looking quickly through your files I noticed that your server_publishObject.sqf is for some reason duplicated within itself. It's like you've made the edits, beneath the existing contents. That could be causing issues when it comes to getting them into the database.

Sorry for delay man, having some troubles actually getting the server to let me connect. But looking quickly through your files I noticed that your server_publishObject.sqf is for some reason duplicated within itself. It's like you've made the edits, beneath the existing contents. That could be causing issues when it comes to getting them into the database.

Thanks man, I'll try it out tonight.

Anyone made it work with Epoch 1.0.2.4 ? I had a running version for Epoch 1.0.2.3 but since the update it is broken...
I tried many thing but I still have an issue with plot pole required even if I already have one near me ! It seems that the plot pole is not taken into account. Maybe something due to the new wariables in PVDZE_ !

I haven't heard of anybody getting it to run with Epoch yet. I did plan on trying it out but I've been pretty busy with another project so was putting off.
I'm confused by your mention of plot poles though, those are Epoch base building. Base building 1.2 doesn't have or use plot poles and it doesn't search for them or restrict build if they aren't around.

However, if DayZ Epoch uses customised publicvariables for publishing and what not, then those would need updated throughout the base building files. Taking a look at my 1.8 fixes might give you an idea of where those variables are. :)

I haven't heard of anybody getting it to run with Epoch yet. I did plan on trying it out but I've been pretty busy with another project so was putting off.
I'm confused by your mention of plot poles though, those are Epoch base building. Base building 1.2 doesn't have or use plot poles and it doesn't search for them or restrict build if they aren't around.
It was running well on Epoch 1.0.2.3.
Now I can't build (plot pole error) or if I force it, it is not saved in DB...
Please find attached my BB mission files (with plot force). http://a7estn.1fichier.com/

Many thanks in advance !

It was running well on Epoch 1.0.2.3.
Now I can't build (plot pole error) or if I force it, it is not saved in DB...
Please find attached my BB mission files (with plot force). http://a7estn.1fichier.com/

Many thanks in advance !

I will try to take a look as soon as I can for the Epoch stuff. Sadly not to day though I'm afraid as it's my birthday so I have a lot on. :)

how can you increase the amount of wood per tree in the data base

You can't edit how much wood a tree has, definitely not through the database.

Happy birthday \o/
images

However, if DayZ Epoch uses customised publicvariables for publishing and what not, then those would need updated throughout the base building files. Taking a look at my 1.8 fixes might give you an idea of where those variables are. :)

basically to get basebuilding working with epoch, you need to change the base build "playerbuild.sqf" name to another name (EG "playerbasebuild.sqf") and have base build call that instead of the "playerbuild.sqf"

illpost how i did it this weekend if time permits (have other commitments)

Back