DayZ Mission System

nope you dont have to.

can you poste your part of the cleanup.fsm with the "Killing Hacker"?

Code:
 "//Check for hackers" \n
      " {" \n
    "    if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n     
    "        diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
      "        (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n
      "        _x setDamage 1;" \n
      "    };" \n

have tried to comment the whole line out just for testing?
Code:
      "//Check for hackers" \n
      "// {" \n
      "//    [FONT=Consolas]if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n     [/FONT]
      "//        diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
      "//            (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n
      "//            _x setDamage 1;" \n
      "//    };" \n
      "// } forEach allUnits;" \n
      "" \n

My RPT LOG is showing

Code:
19:05:31 Error in expression <rus\debug\addmarkers.sqf"MainMarker = createMarker ["MainMarker", Ccoords];Ma>
19:05:31   Error position: <createMarker ["MainMarker", Ccoords];Ma>
19:05:31   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
19:05:31 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\debug\addmarkers.sqf, line 2
19:05:31 Error in expression <debug\addmarkers75.sqf"MainMarker75 = createMarker["MainMarker75", MCoords];M>
19:05:31   Error position: <createMarker["MainMarker75", MCoords];M>
19:05:31   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
19:05:31 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\debug\addmarkers75.sqf, line 2
19:05:31 Cannot create non-ai vehicle Graves Light DZ,
19:05:32 Cannot create non-ai vehicle Graves Light DZ,
19:05:32 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols finished"
19:05:32 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for infantry patrols started"
19:05:33 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for infantry patrols finished"
19:05:33 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for vehicle patrols started"
19:05:33 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for vehicle patrols finished"
19:05:33 "SAR_AI: Dynamic and static spawning finished"
19:05:33 "SAR_AI: applying vehicle fix ..."
19:05:34 AH6X_DZ: FLIR_turret - unknown animation source FLIR_turret
19:05:34 AH6X_DZ: FLIR_gun - unknown animation source FLIR_gun
19:05:37 UH1Y_DZE: ObsTurret - unknown animation source ObsTurret
19:05:37 UH1Y_DZE: ObsGun - unknown animation source ObsGun

Anyone help ?

Whenever I try to installed AI missions on DayZ.st for friends, it says No server_monitor.sqf & no server_functions.sqf found. Why is that? The exact same files work for every other host.

Hey guys I just tried to fix the novy thing but changing the second variable to a higher number....we'll see if that works.. also having a problem with SUV's floating in mid air at the missions.. I understand I'd be able to edit the coordinates but Im not familiar enough with them to make it so they're on the ground.. can anyone help me with this?

There are quite a few mistakes in the original files.

One of the missions has one of the vehicles set to spawn 50m up in the air. Another has the AI set to spawn 50m in the air too and they will all fall and die. You need to change the height to 0 in both. Also the C130 mission is set to spawn too high above the ground. You need to set the c130 to -.5 m height or else when the ai spawn on it they will bounce up in the air and die. Same with players who walk on it.

For the Novy center bug where all the ai spawn in the wall and die you need to change the coordinates at the top of all your mission files. Find the _coords line. Change "center" to [7360.58,7912.64,0.001] and 5500 to 7000 like in the example below:
Code:
_coords =  [[7360.58,7912.64,0.001],0,7000,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

This will make sure if findSafePos fails it will default to those coordinates I provided (which are in the open field next to Novy) before defaulting to center (which is in the wall in Novy). Also changing the radius to 7k lowers the chance significantly that findSafePos will fail while still keeping within the map boundaries on all sides. Since switching to the above coords I have never seen the Novy bug reoccur. And the missions spawn with better variety in locations too.

excellent I was only changing the max distance to something like 8k but I'll go through and copy/paste this.... could you please tell me the fix for the vehicles disappearing? I've got it so they no longer blow up, but they do despawn... I just copy pasted Jokers fix in this thread but haven't been able to test it yet.. can you confirm that this works? Ty for the detailed explanation!

also just wanted to ask, when I post those cords are you sure that I am to delete getMarkerPos as well as "center" ??

Yes I am aware, it was an after thought. If you look at the times they were posted, you will notice they are 6 minutes apart. The limit to edit a post is 5 minutes. Sorry about your eyes...

I would need to change the "missions" to SARGE if I am running sarge correct? Here is what my clean up looks like around that specific line...
Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

copy pasted right from Jokers comment below yours...
http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-mission-system.11260/page-16#post-81044

I am also running Blue Phoenix's admin tool if that matters

hmmm well it appears to be letting me now but normally I get a message saying something roughly like " the max time for editing your post (5 minutes) has been exceeded" or some such language. I just assumed that was the norm. Odd

Alright I'll go ahead and do my best thanks again for your detailed instructions. You've left nothing to the imagination! Now if only I can get my girlfriend to do something similar ;)

Edit- Ive made the changes you have detailed. Fingers crossed I don't bump into some other trouble. Thanks a bunch.

EDIT EDIT- I seem to be able to sit in the car and drive it around a bit, but as soon as the gear is accessed it despawns.
Still have the novy bug as well. Edited every single mission file exactly as you pasted... odd

I assume you mean mission frequency:

SMGoMajor.sqf
SMGoMinor.sqf

//Created by Falcyn [QF]
_wait = [2000,650] call fnc_hTime;
sleep _wait;
MissionGo = 1;

If I remember correctly, the numbers above represent:

2000 = max time before spawn
650 = min time before spawn

does the number represent minutes or seconds?

Back