[Release] BaseBuilding 1.2 Improvements 0.1 (better and editable Keycode, permanent Owner)

I merged this succesfully to Reality 1.7.7.1 Chernarus tonight, I will share the code changes once I figure out whats causing built items to take damage under this patch. I have shared some more details in the basebuilding 1.2 thread if anyone thinks they may be able to help.

Spoke too soon :(

Everything is working and writing correctly, tents and built items. The only issue I'm still having is that codes for items are not read by the server once it has restarted. So even if you are typing in the correct code you get access denied.

I assume the Code variable should be set in server_monitor.sqf anyone know what could be stopping this since 1.7.7.1?

Here's my server_monitor http://pastebin.com/7rDpfsHR

Spoke too soon :(

Everything is working and writing correctly, tents and built items. The only issue I'm still having is that codes for items are not read by the server once it has restarted. So even if you are typing in the correct code you get access denied.

I assume the Code variable should be set in server_monitor.sqf anyone know what could be stopping this since 1.7.7.1?

Here's my server_monitor http://pastebin.com/7rDpfsHR

I'm running 1.7.6.1 and can't get the keypad working so i don't think it's anything to do with 1.7.7.1? Unless i'm missing something?

I'm running 1.7.6.1 and can't get the keypad working so i don't think it's anything to do with 1.7.7.1? Unless i'm missing something?

I have everything about this script working under 1.7.7.1, the new codes are saved to the fuel column in the db, they are updated and edited correctly on the database side with no duplications etc. Tents etc are working fine too using the default code.

My problem is that new variable "Code" is coming through as null after a server restart.

What's not working about your keypad?

I have everything about this script working under 1.7.7.1, the new codes are saved to the fuel column in the db, they are updated and edited correctly on the database side with no duplications etc. Tents etc are working fine too using the default code.

My problem is that new variable "Code" is coming through as null after a server restart.

What's not working about your keypad?

it basicly gives you the 4 digit code, and when you enter it, it still gives you access denied.

where exactly is the code supposed to write to in the database? i've never noticed it save anywhere.

it basicly gives you the 4 digit code, and when you enter it, it still gives you access denied.

where exactly is the code supposed to write to in the database? i've never noticed it save anywhere.

It writes to fuel, if you're running reality you'll need to change your schema to the one posted early in this thread

It writes to fuel, if you're running reality you'll need to change your schema to the one posted early in this thread

That explains alot, i removed it because it was causing stuff not to write to the database, i'll read through the thread and try fix it later then, thanks.

I have implemented base building 1.2 with DayZ 1.7.7.1 and running fine on my server, but...

Not writes 4 digit codes in fuel with this upgrade... i use pwnoz0r 1.7.7.1

any ideas?

To add to this, could i not just add the keycode to the "fuel" within the database?

I've tried setting it to XXXX (1111) and Also X.XXX (1.111) But i continiously get access denied.

Got everything working fine and dandy. Only problem is that buildings that have been built disappear after reset.

Any help??

Got everything working fine and dandy. Only problem is that buildings that have been built disappear after reset.

Any help??

same here :(
i am running epoch 1.0.1.4 and have tried to add Basebuilding to my Server,
but the objects are still not saving to the Database :(

my rtp says:

0:19:07 Client: Remote object 2:35 not found
0:19:07 Client: Remote object 2:36 not found
0:19:07 Client: Remote object 2:37 not found

could anyone release a working server.pbo for Epoch 1.0.1.4 ??? That would be awesome!

Hey Kikyou,

Me and my friends have been playing around with a Epoch server and I put in the ordinary base building and than your base building improvements 0.3 and I am still having a problem with not being able to build on our land plotted area. We haven't died on our server and still have the same characterID matched to our Poles and yet it still throwing off problem that you have to be within 30m from the pole. Any suggestions?

DISREGARD WHAT I POSTED ABOVE​
I have solved the issue :)
Meanwhile while I was figuring out that I was able to figure out how to keep the default object removal system and still keep Base Building mod intact here is what I done below to fix it. It took me a while to fiddle around with it to get something that works :).​
In fn_selfactions.sqf file not to sure if you guys commented it out or deleted it but if you have deleted it look for //Allow player to force save in the file and put above that if you haven't already deleted it or commented it out re-add this function back in:​
Code:
    //Allow player to delete objects
    //Allow player to delete objects
    if((_isDestructable or _isWreck or (_isRemovable and ("ItemCrowbar" in _itemsPlayer))) and _hasToolbox and _isAlive and !_isBuildable) then {
        if (s_player_deleteBuild2 < 0) then {
            s_player_deleteBuild2 = player addAction [format[localize "str_actions_delete",_text], "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\remove.sqf",_cursorTarget, 1, true, true, "", ""];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_player_deleteBuild2;
        s_player_deleteBuild2 = -1;
    };
    };

Than once you have re-added that you'll noticed that I have added !_IsBuildable variable in the top part. Once you have noticed that you will need to add something below this >>
Code:
_isDestructable = _cursorTarget isKindOf "BuiltItems";

Once you have located that go ahead and add this below that:

Code:
_isBuildable = typeOf(cursortarget) in allbuildables_class;

Also you'll need to add this under //Other
Code:
player removeAction s_player_deleteBuild2;
s_player_deleteBuild2 = -1;

Once you have done that, you can go ahead and save the file and re-pack your mission PBO.

Taken a read of it all, i believe i have it all set up correctly but i seem to have ran into a problem with the database, i cant run the query he posted, it keeps giving me errors.

and when i attempt to edit it manually it says something about foreign keys not matching, i haven't done much editing with the database so not sure how to solve this, i've tried both navcat and heidisql and cant seem to get it to work on either, any ideas?

Tents are Saving, but Buildings aren't, so i believe fixing the database will solve it, just need to work out how..

Taken a read of it all, i believe i have it all set up correctly but i seem to have ran into a problem with the database, i cant run the query he posted, it keeps giving me errors.

and when i attempt to edit it manually it says something about foreign keys not matching, i haven't done much editing with the database so not sure how to solve this, i've tried both navcat and heidisql and cant seem to get it to work on either, any ideas?

Tents are Saving, but Buildings aren't, so i believe fixing the database will solve it, just need to work out how..

You need to remove all 3 foreign key relationships for the table that are there by default in reality, after that if you have all the columns the same as the screenshot I think that should sort it....

If you don't have anything in the table you want to keep you can delete it and then that query should work afaik.

You need to remove all 3 foreign key relationships for the table that are there by default in reality, after that if you have all the columns the same as the screenshot I think that should sort it....

If you don't have anything in the table you want to keep you can delete it and then that query should work afaik.

so i can delete all the "Foreign Keys":
Jjrw5hif.png

and then just edit the table and also:

KEY `idx1_instance_deployable` (`deployable_id`),
KEY `idx3_instance_deployable` (`instance_id`),
KEY `idx2_instance_deployable` (`unique_id`)

and it should all be fine?

Edit:

this is also how my table is set out (different to screenshot):
Z367Ta5Q.png

so i can delete all the "Foreign Keys":
Jjrw5hif.png

and then just edit the table and also:

KEY `idx1_instance_deployable` (`deployable_id`),
KEY `idx3_instance_deployable` (`instance_id`),
KEY `idx2_instance_deployable` (`unique_id`)

and it should all be fine?

Edit:

this is also how my table is set out (different to screenshot):
Z367Ta5Q.png

Deleted Foreign Keys.

Changed Database to this:
fYZRnobM.png

Changed idx2_instance_deployable to unique_id
Changed idx3_instance_deployable to instance_id

and it's still not saving to database, i don't think i can use kikyou's screenshot as reference since it's different names?

also having a problem with items not being deleted from database (put items in tent, take them out, reboot, they're back)

Deleted Foreign Keys.

Changed Database to this:
fYZRnobM.png

Changed idx2_instance_deployable to unique_id
Changed idx3_instance_deployable to instance_id

and it's still not saving to database, i don't think i can use kikyou's screenshot as reference since it's different names?

also having a problem with items not being deleted from database (put items in tent, take them out, reboot, they're back)

Not sure heres my player_remove.sqf http://pastebin.com/Et3RpcBY
and
player_build.sqf http://pastebin.com/WsLmDCt2

Let me know if you find something different that you forgot to change...

Back