[Release] Fred's Zombie Bait (WIP)

It is on the forum so people can use it? I believe that if it is here he shouldn't mind me using it.

Cheers, BossMann

Yeah, I don't think he really cares so long as you give credit where credit it due...I'm not him though so I could be wrong...

It is on the forum so people can use it? I believe that if it is here he shouldn't mind me using it.

Cheers, BossMann

I believe there is a difference between server owners adding the addon to their server and someone adding it to their own mod. Asking permission to use it isn't as much a requirement as it is a courtesy. However, like Matt L said, I don't mind if you use it as long as I am credited.

Like Fred said, it's courtesy. Far too much assumption when it comes to using the work of others for new addons/mods.

Alright, along as i am allowed to add it i'm happy. Are you able to email me with updates?

Cheers, BossMann

Any update on this as ive spent the last 3 hours on this and so far ive dont everything and now my selfbloodbag menu is not showing up....

pls help

www.doom56.com/temp/mission.pbo

First of all, make sure your fn_selfActions is the updated, and that you didn't grab it from an old pbo. That's what alot of people do. Second, make sure you whitelisted the action in any antihack that you use. I believe self blood bagging's action was something like s_player_selfBloodbag or something like that.

As far as I know those are the only things that can 'kill' the menu

I have
First of all, make sure your fn_selfActions is the updated, and that you didn't grab it from an old pbo. That's what alot of people do. Second, make sure you whitelisted the action in any antihack that you use. I believe self blood bagging's action was something like s_player_selfBloodbag or something like that.

As far as I know those are the only things that can 'kill' the menu
checked with and without antihack and same thing and yes im using the 1.7.7.1 fn_selfActions as clearly shown in my mission.pbo

I had my selfbloodbag menu with the orignael list but when using shootingblanks list it stopped

I have
checked with and without antihack and same thing and yes im using the 1.7.7.1 fn_selfActions as clearly shown in my mission.pbo

I had my selfbloodbag menu with the orignael list but when using shootingblanks list it stopped

The link in your post is broken. So "clearly shown" is not so clearly shown.

Thank you for being a wise ass lol,

Miss-spelt the file (dam runny noses :( [if there is a script to stop this please let me know ])
and could have said in the first post ;(

dam it i forgot the link again
http://doom56.com/temp/dayz_mission.pbo

Fix the link, and i'll check it out. Not much can mess up the menu, so it's probably a small typo somewhere or you've added something in, in the wrong spot. My fn_selfActions has loads of custom stuff that i've written in myself ^.^

the link works fine, If you are still having issues let me know i will upload it somewhere

Thanks for having a look :)

The reason it isn't removing the meat from the inventory is because _rawmeat is not defined outside of each of the if statements. Thus, when it goes to remove the raw meat the _rawmeat variable is = nil.

Fix this by adding _rawmeat = nil; before the if statements so that the variable has greater scope than just inside the if statements.

I'm going to clean up the code and optimize it soon and will post the fixed version.

Just to add since ive been at this ALL day and now given up. (this has been tested on dayz.st and home server)
Thanks to Matt L he did have a go with some adjustments but again no avail :(

Just to add since ive been at this ALL day and now given up. (this has been tested on dayz.st and home server)
Thanks to Matt L he did have a go with some adjustments but again no avail :(

So what I posted didn't work? If not, instead of nil try "". Either way I am working on a complete re-write to add more flexibility for server admins and optimize the code. I'll post it once I test it out later this evening (if it works).

YESSSSSSS

got it to work. and didn't do that nill thing.
Just turn out my fn_selfactions.sqf was out of date (cos of the selfbloodbag script)

How embarrassing lol

Now to add in the other list of meats in :(

I am currently reworking the addAction portion with a couple other scripters. I have noticed similar issues. It seems that sometimes the player has to drop the required items and pick them back up or log out and back in to receive the option. It's the same issue that is keeping me from releasing the Zombie Shield. I'm hoping to get this sorted out today.

The reason is because you do not reset or initially set the function vars to -1. At the top of your custom compiles.sqf put the following:
Code:
zombieBait = -1;
zombieBomb = -1;

Now they will be initialized and you don't have to do the drop/pickup work around.

Back