[SUPPORT] - Sheeps Epoch Repack

No, I dont play that crap .. Dayz is about desperation, starvation, fear, the NEED to find gear to survive. Epoch and especially Overpuke remove all that and prevent players from actually playing DAYZ. What you are running is an Arma2 server with zombies.
thats all opinion of course, others may have a different (although incorrect) viewpoint.:p

So lets get back to square one.
  1. You have a variable "chernarusmap" that is defined in the dayz_epoch_11.chernarus/init.sqf file
  2. Your dayz_server/init/server_functions.sqf is trying to read that variable and its an error as "undefined". That means that its not being read in by your dayz_epoch_11.chernarus/init.sqf file.
  3. The only way that is possible is if you are not actually loading in the init.sqf file that has "chernarusmap" defined in it.
  4. I just downloaded (for the first time in my life) the sheeps epoch repack for chernarus. And I notice there are several variations of the repack. The one for Chernarus http://www.mediafire.com/download/r960kxad1l6u6wx/0.14_DamYouSteam_Standard_build_7865 ST.rar does not have the chernarusmap variable in the init.sqf file since the pack is for Chernarus ONLY.

Therefore, I submit to you that you have mixed up the two versions of the repack, you have the dayz_server.pbo for the napf/chernarus repack but you have the mission file for the chernarus only pack.

In your server, delete the dayz_server.pbo and folders, and delete the mpmissions/* then download the one i linked above and you will have a fully functional chernarus epoch server.
all fixed up was an issue with the repack not being able to tell if it was NAPF or chernarus...totally my fault :( ill post a quick fix for others soon :)

No, I dont play that crap .. Dayz is about desperation, starvation, fear, the NEED to find gear to survive. Epoch and especially Overpuke remove all that and prevent players from actually playing DAYZ. What you are running is an Arma2 server with zombies.
thats all opinion of course, others may have a different (although incorrect) viewpoint.:p

So lets get back to square one.
  1. You have a variable "chernarusmap" that is defined in the dayz_epoch_11.chernarus/init.sqf file
  2. Your dayz_server/init/server_functions.sqf is trying to read that variable and its an error as "undefined". That means that its not being read in by your dayz_epoch_11.chernarus/init.sqf file.
  3. The only way that is possible is if you are not actually loading in the init.sqf file that has "chernarusmap" defined in it.
  4. I just downloaded (for the first time in my life) the sheeps epoch repack for chernarus. And I notice there are several variations of the repack. The one for Chernarus http://www.mediafire.com/download/r960kxad1l6u6wx/0.14_DamYouSteam_Standard_build_7865 ST.rar does not have the chernarusmap variable in the init.sqf file since the pack is for Chernarus ONLY.

Therefore, I submit to you that you have mixed up the two versions of the repack, you have the dayz_server.pbo for the napf/chernarus repack but you have the mission file for the chernarus only pack.

In your server, delete the dayz_server.pbo and folders, and delete the mpmissions/* then download the one i linked above and you will have a fully functional chernarus epoch server.
you may like Endgame when it comes out then its all about survival and the good ol days when you almost cried finding a einfield and a clip :p but it also has all the epoch features and MANY new vehicles weapons (all VERY VERY rare)

Yeah, I read the posts. It seems like a step in the right direction! Thats my theory, have lots of variety but have it hard to find.
I have to say i don't care for any epoch 'features' though. Traders? they suck balls. The epoch base building is good i guess, its far too tedious for my tastes though. and all the lockable stuff and protection. I think dayz Base Building 1.3 had the correct idea where you could get AI to guard your camp while you were away. If you kill the guards, you can take the loot away.
I am working on a Dayz port to Arma3 and our plan is to have a 'refugee camp' where you can hire AI to guard your base or drive your car .. whatever you need. And the more AI you get killed, the higher the price will be.

I give Dayz End Game my thumbs up ... now only if it wasn't on Napf :rolleyes:

There should be a method to delete a post within 10 minutes or so. I always double post from my cellphone... one day last week I quadruple posted.

all fixed up was an issue with the repack not being able to tell if it was NAPF or chernarus...totally my fault :( ill post a quick fix for others soon :)

Rule #1 of successful people. Never accept responsibility for errors.
Instead you should say:
"It was an unforeseen glitch that the quality control team failed to catch. Someone will lose their job over this!"

There, see how much better that looks? And you are still the hero that fixed the problem! But now your not the dope who caused it :D

Yeah, I read the posts. It seems like a step in the right direction! Thats my theory, have lots of variety but have it hard to find.
I have to say i don't care for any epoch 'features' though. Traders? they suck balls. The epoch base building is good i guess, its far too tedious for my tastes though. and all the lockable stuff and protection. I think dayz Base Building 1.3 had the correct idea where you could get AI to guard your camp while you were away. If you kill the guards, you can take the loot away.
I am working on a Dayz port to Arma3 and our plan is to have a 'refugee camp' where you can hire AI to guard your base or drive your car .. whatever you need. And the more AI you get killed, the higher the price will be.

I give Dayz End Game my thumbs up ... now only if it wasn't on Napf :rolleyes:
ah but in endgame you can break into locked stuff with the right tools nothing is safe :p
hmm no traders.... thats something i might have to consider would make gold a bit useless but hey its about surviving not cash and i can always find another use for the gold :)
AI Guards... hmm might have to look into that
The base building will have modular (epoch) and complete buildings (basebuilding/alchemy building for those i want a house now types :) ) we love to here to feed back on or plans ... we want Endgame to be one of the top mods around :)

Was none of what u suggested . .. actually was an issue with with the repack files, Sheeps and I did a teamviewer session .. he found the issue, in his code and fixed.. not a pbo issue.. if you don't play epoch why are you in a epoch forum offering help ? Of course help is always good.. and understanding the code is also good.

And most issues in DayZ are the same no matter the map..but apparently not epoch lol

I'm a dayz server noob.. obviously.. but got sick of others servers , not being able to edit ..or mod things to my liking, without having to donate outrageous prices, or beg and had enuff .. I love ai .. makes u a better player against real people.. I actually don't care to hoots about the zombies... they are just a mere nuisance in arma 2 mod.. and dayz standalone lacks so much yet .. just get bored playing it. This is the only game Ive played like 4 yrs straight lol

Though in so much of dayz, bunch of kids playing .. 9 -13 yr olds doing what they do .. being turds.. Im an old gamer.. and in the IT Field .. just never have done much in the way of programming .. but changing that quickly .. this servs two purposes.. break shit and figure out how to resolve .. and there for learning more coding and such in the process.
Only way I ever seem to learn is by breaking then figuring out the solution even if it is with help of others.. but learn so much in the process

My fav Map..is Tavania 2.0.. dont care if I have traders or not .. but alot of players like it and want it .. I really just love the AI in the end

Was none of what u suggested . .. actually was an issue with with the repack files, Sheeps and I did a teamviewer session .. he found the issue, in his code and fixed.. not a pbo issue.. if you don't play epoch why are you in a epoch forum offering help ? Of course help is always good.. and understanding the code is also good.
Well so many people use this repack, who would have thought it was an issue with the code itself :eek: .
And as you are well aware, all the dayz mods are the same code, epoch just adds in the traders and some other crap. So if the question is about general code such as an "undefined variable", it doesn't matter what mods I use or play, its a simple question about syntax.
If the question were about 'snap building' , then I have no idea .. don't even have a clue what that is or why anyone would want to build a snap.
Regardless, glad you got that fixed.

Well so many people use this repack, who would have thought it was an issue with the code itself :eek: .
And as you are well aware, all the dayz mods are the same code, epoch just adds in the traders and some other crap. So if the question is about general code such as an "undefined variable", it doesn't matter what mods I use or play, its a simple question about syntax.
If the question were about 'snap building' , then I have no idea .. don't even have a clue what that is or why anyone would want to build a snap.
Regardless, glad you got that fixed.
its strange the repack works for so many and then little things dont for few .... :(

DISREGARD

/////////
Hello everyone, seems as though I'm having some issues when entering the test server on my end. I've gone ahead and imported the SQL file into my database, and I've gone through the Readme file as required.

However, based on my RPT file, there seems to be some issues.

RPT:

http://pastebin.com/FjcauMdF

Mainly the following:

23:10:07 Error in expression <t.sqf";
execVM "scriptcontrol.sqf";

if(Overpoch)then{
server_name = "0.14 - Ove>
23:10:07 Error position: <Overpoch)then{
server_name = "0.14 - Ove>
23:10:07 Error Undefined variable in expression: overpoch
23:10:07 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\init.sqf, line 5

(This is repeating)

22:59:30 Error in expression <Dedicated) exitWith { };

while {count AllowedVehiclesList > 0} do {

_index = >
22:59:30 Error position: <AllowedVehiclesList > 0} do {

_index = >
22:59:30 Error Undefined variable in expression: allowedvehicleslist
22:59:30 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 251
22:59:30 Error in expression <esList resize _lastIndex;
};

if (count AllowedVehiclesList == 0) then {
diag_lo>
22:59:30 Error position: <AllowedVehiclesList == 0) then {
diag_lo>
22:59:30 Error Undefined variable in expression: allowedvehicleslist
22:59:30 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 273
22:59:30 Error in expression <Dedicated) exitWith { };

while {count AllowedVehiclesList > 0} do {

Server in detailed RPT file does not allow me to start the game. I believe that it may have to do something with the AllowedVehiclesList errors listed above.

If someone could point me in the right direction, that'd be great.

Thanks!
/////////

Was able to start Infistar with these packs.

Basically removed the admintools, and infistar works. Only issue is that all menus appear in one page when you press f2. I'll let you guys know!

////////

Infistar works. You need to disable the debugconsole in order for certain glitches to never appear.

EDIT:

Infistar kept up to its name. Server works nicely with these scripts.

ONLY issue with infistar is that you are NOT able to teleport players to you. Teleport to players DOES work.

Will see if there are battleye config files that I can change.

Will update once I have found a solution.

Last edited:
Question? I have access to a vilayer clan package and wish to install the napf overpoch pack. In the readme.txt it says that i need a working "epoch 1.0.5.1 server with sql" do i set up my server as an epoch or overpoch by default before i swap the pbo's over?

Hey guys, I have the pack for chernarus running on my dedicated server.

I do have past experience setting up the server and adding mods by hand but our group is just coming back from a nice break with DayZ and liked the idea of using this modpack.

Everything is working alright but users are experiencing lag. I think it is due to the weather on the server and whenever we try clearing up the weather with the admin tools it immediately goes back into a storm.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? We would even accept making it permanently clear out but if possible we'd like to keep the variety and just reduce how often it's very foggy/stormy.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

The server weather file? I am not really sure where this comes into play with the other weather scripts. Probably want to browse your options and select one.
https://github.com/Fallingsheep1985/0.14_DamYouSteam_Multi/blob/master/@DayZ_Epoch_Server/addons/dayz_server/compile/server_weather.sqf

Just checked the code, that file is commented out.

Or edit the dynamicweather.sqf which is the standard method. copy the file into your mission, edit the init.sqf to point to the new locatoin and edit the file to set overcast to zero.

copy dayz_code\external\dynamicweathereffects.sqf into your mission/scripts folder

then in your init.sqf
Code:
//Start Dynamic Weather
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";
and change it to
Code:
//Start Dynamic Weather
execVM "scripts\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";
In your scriptcontrol.sqf file do you have these enabled?
snowscript, winddustscript, groundfogscript?
According to the init.sqf file there is an FPS penalty.
Code:
if(SnowScript)then{
    snowchance = 5; //5% chance to snow on server start/restart
    if (isServer) then {
        if((random 100) < snowchance)then{
            [] execVM "scripts\Weather\SnowStorm.sqf";//FPS HIT
        };
    };
};
if(WindDustScript)then{
    execVM "scripts\Weather\WindDust.sqf"; //FPS HIT
};
if(GroundFogScript)then{
    execVM "scripts\Weather\ground_fog.sqf"; //FPS HIT

Last edited:
hey guys. i have a problem joining my server who's running sheeps pack. server runs good on epoch 1.0.5.1. i did all the steps like in the readme file but i stuck in the loading screen where it says "waiting for server to authenticate". so i cant join the server. sometimes the server kicks me back into the lobby.

-for the .rpt errors : http://pastebin.com/dvK4m4r6
-i just added my ID to be admin
-server is hosted on an dedicated windows server. where i have a full remotedesktop access
-i use the dayz_server.pbo (not the folder)

i hope someone can help me =)

The server weather file? I am not really sure where this comes into play with the other weather scripts. Probably want to browse your options and select one.
https://github.com/Fallingsheep1985/0.14_DamYouSteam_Multi/blob/master/@DayZ_Epoch_Server/addons/dayz_server/compile/server_weather.sqf

Just checked the code, that file is commented out.

Or edit the dynamicweather.sqf which is the standard method. copy the file into your mission, edit the init.sqf to point to the new locatoin and edit the file to set overcast to zero.

copy dayz_code\external\dynamicweathereffects.sqf into your mission/scripts folder

then in your init.sqf
Code:
//Start Dynamic Weather
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";
and change it to
Code:
//Start Dynamic Weather
execVM "scripts\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";
In your scriptcontrol.sqf file do you have these enabled?
snowscript, winddustscript, groundfogscript?
According to the init.sqf file there is an FPS penalty.
Code:
if(SnowScript)then{
    snowchance = 5; //5% chance to snow on server start/restart
    if (isServer) then {
        if((random 100) < snowchance)then{
            [] execVM "scripts\Weather\SnowStorm.sqf";//FPS HIT
        };
    };
};
if(WindDustScript)then{
    execVM "scripts\Weather\WindDust.sqf"; //FPS HIT
};
if(GroundFogScript)then{
    execVM "scripts\Weather\ground_fog.sqf"; //FPS HIT

I went ahead and edited the DynamicWeather. I'm not sure how this file slipped by me but this fixed the server up perfectly so thank you!

And we did not have fog/snow/dust scripts enabled.

I went ahead and edited the DynamicWeather. I'm not sure how this file slipped by me but this fixed the server up perfectly so thank you!

And we did not have fog/snow/dust scripts enabled.
hmm so weather system is causing lag ... good to know

hey guys. i have a problem joining my server who's running sheeps pack. server runs good on epoch 1.0.5.1. i did all the steps like in the readme file but i stuck in the loading screen where it says "waiting for server to authenticate". so i cant join the server. sometimes the server kicks me back into the lobby.

-for the .rpt errors : http://pastebin.com/dvK4m4r6
-i just added my ID to be admin
-server is hosted on an dedicated windows server. where i have a full remotedesktop access
-i use the dayz_server.pbo (not the folder)

i hope someone can help me =)
looking at your RPT theres definitely something wrong, try using the default files and see if you get the same errors in the RPT, as it looks like the client cant talk to the DB properly

Back