[Poll] Add a sub-forum dedicated to troubleshooting/help.

Would you like to see a sub-forum created that would be dedicated to troubleshooting/help requests?

• Total voters

Freaking Fred

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
The "Scripting Discussions" forum seems to be getting more and more clogged up with people requesting help installing scripts/addons or running into battleye restrictions. When I first joined this site, this part of the forum was filled with releases/tutorials and actual discussions of possible scripts. Now, I feel like it has become a chore to weed through all of the troubleshooting threads and people asking for others to add scripts to their server, to find the actual "scripting discussions". Does anyone else believe that it would be beneficial to add this sub-forum?

The "Scripting Discussions" forum seems to be getting more and more clogged up with people requesting help installing scripts/addons or running into battleye restrictions. When I first joined this site, this part of the forum was filled with releases/tutorials and actual discussions of possible scripts. Now, I feel like it has become a chore to weed through all of the troubleshooting threads and people asking for others to add scripts to their server, to find the actual "scripting discussions". Does anyone else believe that it would be beneficial to add this sub-forum?

good call on that fred. I am kind of getting annoyed at how much work it is to get a script. for some its like 60+ pages to read thru. This will help us keep this forum clean and tidy for faster searching and less headaches.

I agree with Fred,

Just a thought cos this is a discussions section so we talk about the script per topic while talk about adjustments and bugs but would like to see a new forum section for new people with little or no knowledge help with their scripts.

But its down to the explain step by step guide as i must admit some scripts i want to try but to confused trying follow on how to do it (kinda puts me off trying)

Voted yes :)

I actually brought this up with the admins as well as some other things the other day, Pwnoz0r said they will talk about and tell me what they came up with.

I just want to thank everyone who has taken the time to vote or comment on this topic. I am relieved to see that I am not the only person who would like to see this put into place.

It might also be good to create a suggestions forum so we can keep one purely for releases and one purely for incomplete ideas.

It might also be good to create a suggestions forum so we can keep one purely for releases and one purely for incomplete ideas.
In all honesty there should be someone that sifts through the 70 or so pages threads and put them into different sub forums, eg. Help section, Suggestions section etc.

Definitely, but enforcing it will be tough I would say 50% of the posts in this forum are "OMFG IT DOESN'T WORK WHY?!?!! SOMEONE FIX IT FOR ME OR TELL ME WHY BECAUSE I CAN'T DO THINGS MYSELF"

I know this site is based on learning and the old fashion "Give it a go yourself ideology".
However being a Noob to coding myself I can understand many peoples frustration and call for help.

I don't know if this is against the rules, but I have create a simple server pack that server owners can install and done. From there if they wish to tweak things there are guides included on how to do so.

Currently it is only been tested on default Epoch Chernarus servers, but If needed I can look to break them down to each Mod/Map and install the latest versions of the available scripts/addons in here provided by you wonderful people.

So, 33 Yes votes and 1 No vote, yet still no input from the administrators. Is there any reason in particular why this thread is being seemingly ignored? It seems to me that a lot of reputable members of this community want to see this happen.

Sorry guys, only just seen this thread. I will action this.

I like the idea for one about releases and one for questions.

Also everyone please note, if anything like this gets discussed again and you need my input, just PM me. Sometimes I can be so busy dealing with disputes, spam, hackers selling scripts and kids screaming at home, that I rarely get a chance to browse the forums to see the good stuff going on like this.

Should teach the kids to scream at disputers, Spammers, Hackers and Scammers selling scripts.

Thanks for everything Shinkicker!

Back