ShootingBlanks,
Thank you, but I never asked for anyone to do it for me. I try my hardest to resolve any issues on my own. I Google every error I get, research the crap out of it, and only as a last resort do I post to a forum asking for help.
I don't know code very well. I could not, for the life of me, write something from scratch. I can, however, get in and look around some code and understand, to a certain degree, what it does. If you see me here it's because I am truly at a loss as to what the problem/solution is so I figure I would ask someone who might have a bit more experience in coding for some help. What I don't appreciate is the leetist attitude that I have seen more than once on here and in other forums where those who know can't be "bothered" to help someone out even when the forum title suggests that's what it's all about -
Script/Addon Help. We're not hacking global defense networks here, we're modding a game.
If someone doesn't have an answer a simple "I don't know" would suffice in the very least. Telling me to solve it on my own in a forum that is supposed to offer help solves nothing and just makes them look bad, especially when their name is in the credits of the same pack I'm trying to install that doesn't work.
Following your advice, SB, I've reinstalled the pack several times now with the same exact results. Nothing changed. I got the same broken respawn every time.
However... Schwede was indeed correct.
The line that calls
E_Script_Dialog from the
spawn.sqf is actually incorrect. Inside the
spawn.hpp it is written as
spawn_dialog. So as to your comment that it must be something I did, that is incorrect. Apparently, even leet coders make mistakes as well. I knew something was wrong, I just couldn't see it.
As to my question to Schwede that caused him to go all leet on me, sometimes pointing out the problem isn't enough. An explanation as to why it is happening helps out much more than you apparently know. After all, this
is in your signature;
Give an admin a script and you help him today, Teach an admin to code and you help him for life.
I was asking to be taught, not just given the script. I'm sure all of you were in my same place at one time while learning scripting. I suggest you look back on those times and think about how many times you needed help before you understood everything there is to know about coding a game that, in and of itself, is also broken.
I appreciate your candor when replying to me, SB. Judging from your profile (if it is indeed actual) it is apparent to me how someone's age assists in dealing with other people through experience. I think perhaps someone else needs a bit more experience considering their age.
Anyway, the problem has been resolved. I thank everyone again for your help, but if I have any more issues I would have to think twice about coming back here for help and that really sucks considering the reputation this place is supposed to have in the community. Perhaps, if anyone isn't too leetist to join, you can come to my server and see how the pack is running and maybe offer some suggestions as to how to tighten it up a bit.
Good day.