[SUPPORT] - Sheeps Epoch Repack

are you serious?!

I think i will let you solve this ridle on your own :D

Firstly, thanks for the help that you did offer.

Second, if I could solve this problem on my own wtf would I be doing here asking for help? I don't understand the leetist attitude. I made the change you suggested and then I asked a question as to where those dialogs are being called from. Obviously, I am trying to understand what is happening so as to prevent it from happening again. RIght now my server is down trying to resolve this. You could uphold that OpenDayZ Rocksar! status you have there by being a cool guy and helping me out here or you could just be no help at all, which that previous post exemplifies extraordinarily.

Listen, not eveyone here is a leet coder. Some of us need help along the way trying to figure this stuff out. Maybe if more people were accepting of that then this community wouldn't be dying out as it is. I'm not a coder. I can get in there and look around and understand some parts, but if I knew what I was doing 100% of the time then why would I need to be posting to a community forum that is titled "Script/Addon Help" where I wouldn't receive any and instead be berated for not being as leet at coding as you are?

So what do you say there, bud? Want to offer a fellow player a hand at getting his server up and running fine and, perhaps, gain some admiration along the way? Or do you resolve to your last post and I should just move on to someplace that actually cares to help out those who need it?

since the sheeps repack does work as downloaded ... at least i assume so ... if you would just reinstall them from
https://github.com/Fallingsheep1985/0.15_Sheeps_Back_Baby_Standard
then your isssues should be resolved

Those are the same files with the exception that this one is for Chernarus, I'm running Napf. The same three lines of code are in it calling the same E_Spawn_Dialog which will, in turn, give me the same error. But hey! I guess one more time couldn't hurt. Right?

well i dont know. i have the repack downloaded and had tried it with no issues a month ago.
i dont use all that crap that in there, so dont have much firsthand experience with it (15 minutes?)

i am,just going by what schwede said and the fact nobody else has said they have this spawn issue.

if schwede said to rename one of the lines of code, that is what i would do then. see what happens.

are you getting your files from the github so you have the most recent updates?

nope, just change E_Spawn_Dialog to spawn_dialog

So I did this and I get the same result. Only difference is I don't get the error. Spawn in the void.
A0A31B7463FA73CCADA8D749F800A52095B00604

so i looked at those files and now i am,REALLY pissed off.. FOR 2 YEARS NOW, i have had the only server where you couLd recruit AI .. and now its in the repack.

as to your issue
here is the one spawn.sqf file and you can see those lines createdialog e_spawn_dialog
https://github.com/Fallingsheep1985...yZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/scripts/spawn/spawn.sqf

and you can see here in this file, the class is in fact called e_spawn_dialog
https://github.com/Fallingsheep1985...yZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/scripts/spawn/spawn.hpp

so if your files would match these files it should work ... i assume.
and the error is in the napf github files ,vut not in chernarus. i think, hard to tell on my cellphone.

OPINION FOLLOWS, OFF TOPIC
BTW. if you look around here you will notice there are a bunch of new admins who do not understand how to edit or create scripts or debug problems. thats not a problem, that is what the site is for, that is why we are here.
but if you look closer you will notice the majority of issues are commented on by just a handful people. time and patience is limited. so you will have to forgive us if we at some point we think the admin should maybe do some googling of their own.
after all, if you want to be an admin you are welcome to admin my server. On the other hand, if you want to admin your own customized server that comes at a price of learning sqf syntax and dayz file structures.
we are here to HELP you with your problems, not do it all for you.

ShootingBlanks,

Thank you, but I never asked for anyone to do it for me. I try my hardest to resolve any issues on my own. I Google every error I get, research the crap out of it, and only as a last resort do I post to a forum asking for help.

I don't know code very well. I could not, for the life of me, write something from scratch. I can, however, get in and look around some code and understand, to a certain degree, what it does. If you see me here it's because I am truly at a loss as to what the problem/solution is so I figure I would ask someone who might have a bit more experience in coding for some help. What I don't appreciate is the leetist attitude that I have seen more than once on here and in other forums where those who know can't be "bothered" to help someone out even when the forum title suggests that's what it's all about - Script/Addon Help. We're not hacking global defense networks here, we're modding a game.

If someone doesn't have an answer a simple "I don't know" would suffice in the very least. Telling me to solve it on my own in a forum that is supposed to offer help solves nothing and just makes them look bad, especially when their name is in the credits of the same pack I'm trying to install that doesn't work.

Following your advice, SB, I've reinstalled the pack several times now with the same exact results. Nothing changed. I got the same broken respawn every time.

However... Schwede was indeed correct.

The line that calls E_Script_Dialog from the spawn.sqf is actually incorrect. Inside the spawn.hpp it is written as spawn_dialog. So as to your comment that it must be something I did, that is incorrect. Apparently, even leet coders make mistakes as well. I knew something was wrong, I just couldn't see it.

As to my question to Schwede that caused him to go all leet on me, sometimes pointing out the problem isn't enough. An explanation as to why it is happening helps out much more than you apparently know. After all, this is in your signature;
Give an admin a script and you help him today, Teach an admin to code and you help him for life.

I was asking to be taught, not just given the script. I'm sure all of you were in my same place at one time while learning scripting. I suggest you look back on those times and think about how many times you needed help before you understood everything there is to know about coding a game that, in and of itself, is also broken.

I appreciate your candor when replying to me, SB. Judging from your profile (if it is indeed actual) it is apparent to me how someone's age assists in dealing with other people through experience. I think perhaps someone else needs a bit more experience considering their age. ;)

Anyway, the problem has been resolved. I thank everyone again for your help, but if I have any more issues I would have to think twice about coming back here for help and that really sucks considering the reputation this place is supposed to have in the community. Perhaps, if anyone isn't too leetist to join, you can come to my server and see how the pack is running and maybe offer some suggestions as to how to tighten it up a bit.

Good day.

I was posting a long reply defending our right to get snippy and ... well lets just drop it and say that you got your problem fixed.
And when you come back with another issue, the same people will gladly help you again. Most of the problems here arose from you downloading files that had an error and us assuming it was error-free to begin with. Apparently nobody else has used that pack since that has not been reported until now.

dont know why you got so mad. I pointed out what to do and where the dialog is.
The Problem that you still stuck in the big black box is simple, because your character is already spawned in the database. You just need to delete/kill him and should be good to go.
If you still got any other problems and cant fix them, go ahead and ask for help, we defintly will.

Hello guys, I have been reading up on the E_spawn dialog error and i seen the link for your fixed version. I have downloaded and installed it and deleted my character from the database and tried to log in but im still getting the same issue. Can anyone give any advice?

Back